[Novadrake] Original moveset

Lemme start off by saying I own Novadrake and I play it when I feel a bit notorious .

Having said that , I feel original Novadrake moveset is balanced compared to his current moveset.

1. There were no mythics when he was introduced . So there was no high end power comparison . Even a mythic with 50 TU moveset doesn’t have hold ground and dies instantly if RNG is not on its side . Hence his buff seemed alright . Not anymore .

2. Recent buff patch made many monsters directly viable and powerful. Raizen and the buff to true hit has drastically moved stun up a tier in toxicity .

3. With the latest buffs , it definitely doesn’t require skills to set up stun now. True hit the stun protector , times up the converters . And 95% a cybereon and Novadrake follow up works .

Oh yea , add a crescendo striker if u love nobrain damage (seriously though , whose idea was it to buff it’s damage . I wasn’t around at that time , else I would have rebelled lol . If anything , that mythic crescendo should have been buffed )

1. Stun immunity seems to be the only reliable option to deal with this .

2. It’s not easy to kill a +9 Novadrake before it causes significant damage to the team . Raw active skill is in my eyes , a buff to any monster and with raw bloodthirst , it’s quiet menacing for anyone to face .

So I bring up this discussion !

I have 3 suggestions

A. Remove Hold ground and give him shield entrance like how it was originally designed . I know second wind gains more value with hg , but a trade off is much required .

B. Or Make either the stun wave or bloodthirst into link moves . Link stun wave or link bloodthirst .
This way these crazy stun combinations can be restricted while keeping the spirit of a dark link monster .

C. Remove stun wave and give it something else. Chrono killer seems like the best option .

Novadrake is potentially the new mythic level legendary surpassing equivalent mythics in far too many superior ways .

Let the discussion begin and I’m ready to take the heat from all the raizen-truehit-nova abusers .

5 Likes

Also donot compare stun to other strategies . Even against poison , there is a significant possibility to recover and make a comeback .

Night watch and poison make sleep a bit unreliable .

But getting ur azz stunned out to 400 sec without any proper counter to deal with such setups is a bit unfair and this is exactly why Mr.x was at top 1 safely .

So Novadrake needs to be dialled down and we need more monsters to use against stun . These new stun repelling monsters shouldn’t be stun counters or converters but with a completely novel moveset .

A roaring double stun killer perhaps .

No link make the moves 60 TU and replace stun wave to stun flash

1 Like

But his moveset revolves around low TU design . That’s why I couldn’t suggest stun flash

Don’t make crescendo like before I think it took around 10 strikes to one shot stuff

@Tanbeer please don’t leak any private chat communication publicly and especially pay attention when accusing somebody of something. You could have avoided this whole thing by asking prof Oak if he recently got Novadrake because the last time you were talking to him about it, he didn’t own the monster.

To leak the whole collection of a player while accusing him of lying isn’t really what seems to be appropriate here in the forum.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll delete the post

1 Like

Honestly, I feel that Novadrake isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. Yes, it’s very powerful, but some legends will always be top-tier. Besides, it’s incredibly fragile outside of Hold Ground.

2 Likes

Novadrake is the best control monster atm. It can single-handedly take control of a match and turn the tide. I personally have had the feeling that it might need a nerf for a long time but have accepted that it’s just on the high end of the power creep curve.

This is the best option if something needs to be done. I doubt anything will be done for a while but in the future, very likely.

3 Likes

Why you wanna nerf every god that is good for a moment? -.- you do not like cani, and bloom and nova and your only answer is to nerf them

1 Like

I’ll admit as a nova user it is pretty op, but as long as stuff like slayerbane all, 100 TU poison massacre, deathgazer, bastia, lemon still exists nova ain’t the biggest problem.

2 Likes

Without Hg he go down like 3 or 4 tiers.because he’s highly fragile.Id suggest keeping the hg and change the second wind to like a half of max hp healing move or som like that.the main moveset are a core for him especially stun wave I wouldn’t suggest changing it

The thing is these monsters can’t control the game for long . But Nova can.

But lemon and Bastia are another level :joy::joy:

Nerf everything that’s op or top tier in PvP

Is it just me or is every s+ tier legend problematic. Dusicyon tanky and shielded, flocco put a galvbane to hold ground just by entering, nova and deathgazer field control, bloom camou + infinite shielding. I power creep will always exist to make the game interesting, the game would be pretty boring if every legend has the same power level as mulasem, shadowyrm. As long as there are viable counters I think i’m fine

1 Like

Novadrake is one of the many very powerful monsters. I’m a very heavy user of Novadrake myself and can agree at times it is very dominating. If you build around removing enemy stun protection it can definitely win you a game. I’m not surprised that it’s now coming up in nerf conversations, especially after almost all other raw monsters got TU increased.

The original buff changed shield entrance into HG and the TU of all skills from 60 to 50. Hold ground is an absolute must… it makes the monster! The TU reduction I’ve always felt was unnecessary.

If any nerf was going to happen I’d suggest it’s either a TU increase of all skills back up to 60 or a TU increase of raw bloodthirst up to 70/80 (while the others stay at 50).

Turning it into a link monster is an interesting idea, but doesn’t fit very well. It needs bloodthirst to be raw so it cannot be using that behind a protector. It would have to be link stun wave, which is such a crucial part of the moveset it becomes almost useless outside of link shadow.

EDIT: Just realised I should be clear… I don’t think it requires nerfing. It’s simply a very strong monster, like others. The real solution is to create more monsters that counter stun but aren’t weak to chrono killer. If they make the counters diverse enough then it won’t be possible for stun teams to slap a couple of monsters in their team to guarantee opening the opponent up to stun.

Honestly I’m glad there’s a monster that’s great at dealing with tons of awakened mythics. They’ve always had a bit weaker stun protection than other teams so good thing they have a strong counter.

If novadrake does get a nerf, they should just reduce his speed so he can’t stun flash so easily. Then you will need to get a successful shocking entrance for the stun lock to work. Or they could increase the tu I guess that could work too.

My opinion is that he is broken as hell.

50 TU is absolutely stupid for the damage he does and how many turns he gets.

RAW is a huge buff now. He first had RAW when it was a liability. It got buffed and he kept it.

Blood price is an absolutely useless “cost” for his low TU. It doesn’t effect him at all. He gets enough turns to wipe out your whole team before dying from that passive.

Also “Assisted” is supposed to be a “cost” but it isn’t. Way too many great dark monsters it just makes him more dangerous.

The worst thing about Novadrake is that if you let him in without a big lead or with your monsters slightly stunned you are in big trouble. He takes complete control of the match single handedly.
It’s very very hard to recover.

This is because of his added stun and Low TU.

My suggestions are:

Remove his stun entirely. Revert his TU back to the way it was originally. Around the 70 mark.

Giving him Hold Ground made sense…that was a fair buff. It works well with second wind. But that Blood price passive is a joke and needs to be nerfed heavily.

It made sense having 'blood price" when he was first designed because he didn’t have Hold Ground back then. After they gave him Hold Ground they should have made it take more health off with each move.

When the Devs made him with such LowTU moves they tried to balance it with things like:

RAW
Assisted &
Blood Price.

All of these things are not liabilities anymore and the first 2 are arguably buffs. The third one simply doesn’t work. It’s a joke.

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

3 Likes

The assisted move in my opinion is fine not many people I meet who use it use it around shadow monsters in pvp. 50TU to 70TU, blood price 30% to 50%. Just don’t make it unusable like underdog