Nightwatch TU

Ok @Dev_VKC why is night watch TU same as single sleep killer? Shouldn’t it be 100TU like Assassinate since it has the same mechanics?

It’s a special legend made for killing sleep legends , oh wait, it cannot kill some SE’s , like jackal.,
And you here my Friend are demanding its Tu to be increased??
It does ■■■■ damage in first place!!!

@Dev_VKC I’ll be quite honest with you, if its Tu gets increased,this will be quite a hypocrisy !!!

2 Likes

As fas as i’m concerned it doesn’t have assassinate so why should it get 100TU? It fails to kill anything unless both targeted mons are sleepers.

Protectors are more common than sleepers in pvp teams, so you can’t put nightwatch and assassinate into the same category.

If you so want it to be 100TU then it needs a damage buff and should bypass HG and shield. This should make up for this absurd suggestion of a TU increase just because a SE epic has similar type of move with more tu.

Geo has 60TU backstab and warg has 100TU [Edit]. Should Geo get nerfed because they aren’t the same?

New monsters should promote uniqueness.

1 Like

Protectors are more common than sleepers… for now. I don’t think this is a reason to make sleep killer moves super powerful, that will just keep sleep monsters less common!

Deathwarg backstab is 100TU. Geomagnus had 100TU too but he was so bad they gave him a mega buff and made it 50TU. This later got nerfed to 60TU. So, yes it’s unique but very different reasoning.

I think 100TU with good damage so it kills weaker monsters (maybe what it does already?) is good. 70TU with the current damage is definitely nicely balanced. If there isn’t a sleep monster on the field you can still use the 70TU move to deal ~600 damage to two enemies and aim for a kill. If you manage to get a kill with it you can be sweeping at 70TU speed only 70s after the monster entered the battlefield… that’s before the 80s stun has even passed.

If I were you I’d just happily accept it in the current state. 70TU with reasonable damage seems like the best thing for Centaur.

2 Likes

“If you manage to get a kill”

When the two primary sleepers have HG, and jackal cant be killed - even if that is apparently to be expected.

So if you cant get a kill you aren’t sweeping anything. And if you do get a kill you better be running rawdog.

I’m willing to wait to see how it handles in PvP, but at this point I’m feeling less pleased with my 300 gems.

I did get Leo and Gear from this egg so I don’t count it a total loss regardless of whether Cent turns out to be GOAT or Garbage.

Cent is good but in no way needs a tu nerf

1 Like

I hate to be captain hindsight but next time you’re going to spend gems on new monsters try waiting a few days to read what people are saying about them first.

P.S. I do wish the Devs put a sleep monster in the test battle so we could have a look at the Nightwatch damage.

Not saying that I’m disappointed. I never asked for a buff because I know it will not come. Just that nerfing it is just absurd given that nightwatch barely gives anything for 70tu.

Haha no I wanted Zeus. But Centaur may be serviceable. I supposed one day ill get the good legend. Looking at you, Magma, Malwing, Zeus.

Too focused on nightwatch when he has counter strike, which tbh is probably gonna be used more

1 Like

Too bad nobody has wall teams using earth protectors and absorbers… :upside_down_face:

But also, are you admitting he isnt good? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Because if i had waited, it sounds like i would have read Killerdog defending him?

We’ll know if he’s impartial when he does the tier listings.

If Zeus is rated higher than Cent then it will as clear as day. :smirk:

I got Zeuswyrm and my brother got Centaureon. I think I’ll probably wait a couple of weeks for us to test them then will give tier rankings. I’ll happily take input from others too.

I reckon Zeuswyrm will be somewhere around S-S+ for both PvE and PvP. Centaureon will be in the A-A+ region for both but clearly it’s top notch when facing sleep.

Clearly its top notch for facing a dead meta :frowning:

I have a feeling a minor damage tweak or attack tweak will be in order. Up his damage or make nightwatch ignore HG. Both would make him a beast and really make him solid as an 1o1 counter. Which is about all i can see him as great for.

He kills the earth meta meaning oak geo stag moss etc plus it has roaring and stun with shield plus throw in instant purify he’s damn good don’t need any buffs

3 Likes

If you run it with gyo you can counter kill every earth and storm type in game wrecking the two most popular types across all levels of Pvp

I don’t know what y’all are freaking out about. I got Zeus but wish I had gotten Cent. Champ Entrance is extremely powerful + instant purify is a great skill to have in a bind. This alone could factor in as a win condition. Add on top of that Shield Entrance(!) which is a totally undervalued passive. Counter Strike is strong too.

So at this point upon entrance he counters poison, sleep, AND stun vulnerabilities. He also counters sleep after entrance with Nightwatch, along with Earth types which are imo are only becoming stronger.

If you look @ Cent as a supporting mon as opposed to a sweeper he’s insanely powerful. And if/when he gets a kill…RIP opponent. Honestly if he had a more reliable/faster way to get that initial kill he’d be very very very OP imo. Just gotta work with him to find how best to use him.

2 Likes

Nothing can kill Oak @ILAGaLOT

Make nightwatch ignore HG its not a good idea just think about facing it at UC
He looks pretty awesome on papper but idk i dont have him i just think make nightwatch ignore hg is not a good idea