New PVP Timer: Player Timer Discussion

No, they had to stop BMing somehow

1 Like

Ig, add clans next update then

2 Likes

Exactly, I love the new turn mechanism, it’s perfect, I can play my tricky turns quickly and then take a minute if I wish for some necessary play of higher difficulty, but force jumping is a big part of the strategy in pvp and I wouldn’t want to let her die

To give a little bit of history on it.

Originally PvP was peer-to-peer connection (it relies on the internet connection between the two players). The game was set up so you started with 30s but if you took too long on your turns then it would give you less time. If you didn’t make a move then it pushed your monsters to 200TU automatically.

Then we got server-based PvP. For people with bad internet connection the 30s timer became unreliable, sometimes skipping when 1-5s left and punishing them really harshly with the 200TU (previously I think it always displayed properly because it was your own game tracking the 30s). So they decided to make force skips less harsh, becoming what we all know: the monster goes 1TU behind the last monster. At this point it started to become an abusable strategy and quite a few people didn’t like it at first.

We’ve now had that for years, but because they removed the system where the 30s timer gets smaller if you’re slow with your turns we’ve had the BM problem of people wasting time.

So this new idea goes back closer to what we had originally. Back then we couldn’t realistically force skip (you may as well do a hit all move in a lot of cases) and it’s not possible to waste your opponent’s time again. It’s a much smarter system though because it shouldn’t punish people with bad internet too much, especially because they can adjust the 100/5 to make it work for everyone.

The “force skip game strategy” was basically an unintended flaw in the system we’ve had for the last 3 years. Yes it’s very useful for players to utilise, but no force skips allowed is just as useful to force your opponent to kill things or use inefficient moves to avoid killing things. Personally I do prefer having force skip as an option but I think it’s a very minor issue and I bet most of you will agree once you get used to this new system. Also, as Shikaotoko said, forcing people to take turns faster increases the factor of player skill so it’s not like the game has become less strategic.

Long post I know! But useful information for a lot of you I hope.

2 Likes

Force skipping should delete the monster from your collection

6 Likes

I hate this timer

1 Like

As fun as it is this way I have to agree with Randolph. I won against someone playing reasonably by timer and I didn’t even realise that much time is spent. This game is like chess, we need just a tiny bit more to make the most efficient choice. (Not that it affects my dumb brain seeing shiny move and clicking on the shiny enemy monster as soon as I get a turn)

Holy crap I didn’t even think about that. Omg Im so happy that garbage mechanic is basicly unusable :crab::crab::crab::crab::crab::crab:

Good to know that you would like to have it as an option. I can get used to playing without it easily, but why kill this part of the strategy, have it as an instant option or it can even be used for BM. I honestly see no reason why the forced shift should go away. Thanks for the whole story, it’s always good to know more, after all I’m a very young player in Neo :stuck_out_tongue:

I take back what I said earlier, I think all that needs to happen is to have 10 seconds added to the timer each turn we get

Idk how to use force skip. I hope they Will Add new button for pvp🤔

1 Like

Lemme see if i understand, every turn each player gets 100 seconds to make their play? Because thats what i notice on my end, and this may prevent players from skipping turns but it kinda makes BM more terrible, think about it, from what ive seen, we get 100 secs on each turn(its how i think it works from what ive seen during pvp, do correct me if im wrong, i havent quite wrap my head around this as yet), and if it hits zero we loose, what if players wait out until 1 second remains and then decided to make a play or skip?

And instead of putting “forced skipped in 88” (ref to my ss), why not put match ends in 88, because no force skip will be happening if the clock hits zero. Just a thought

1 Like

You don’t force skip anymore. No more playing situational units and not use their moves. :woman_shrugging:

Oh okay thx for info

I wasn’t trying to be helpful, only catty… I feel bad now :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You start with 100s. Each new turn you get it carries on from whatever time you had left +5 seconds. So effectively we get 5 seconds per turn, but have 95 extra seconds to use over the course of the match. If you take turns faster than 5 seconds you will be able to hoard more time (up to the cap of 100s). So if you’re slow on a turn then you can recover the time lost by playing faster on future turns.

1 Like

The timer gains 10 seconds, not resets to 100. So in your example, the BM player will only have 11 seconds next turn. They have to make a lot of quick moves to recover their timer in the following few turns.

Thank you for the feedback, guys. We thought 100/5 may still be too much. Good to hear many of you like it. We will keep an eye on it if 100/5 is too stressful for some users, especially for newcomers.

Like @Killerdog said, force skip was an accident and we never feature that as a proper strategy in the game.

Skill second cost is part of the monster design. A monster is forced to used high TU or unfavorable move if its other skills cannot be used because of the conditions.

For example, Galliodragon (Shiny)

If the fire LINK lineup is broken, the user can only choose 250TU attack all or Lifeflip Unlimited, or waste its secret skill.

There are other monsters like this, and we want players to take this risk into account when building their teams.

11 Likes

Alright sounds good, thank you both for the explanations, @Killerdog @Dev_VKC, my doubts are now cleared!

Has anybody lost due to time loss?

Not me but an opponent

@Dev_VKC is Deus X now going to get a buff? Cuz now everyone need to make a turn.

1 Like