New PVP Timer: Player Timer Discussion

We replaced the previous pvp timer with the new one called Player Timer in season 38.

The current setting is 100/5. Any suggestions is welcome! Please leave your comment after you’ve tried the pvp battle with the new timer!

Thank you in advance :wink:

24 Likes

Yeah but can we not tell MasterMarco? That would be hilarious :joy:

3 Likes

I’d much prefer 100/10. It’s a strategy game, not an afk battler.

9 Likes

I agree with @Randolph . With 100/5 you’re almost not allowed to take a bit more time for an important turn. And if you do, you basically have to play blitz chess for the rest of the match.

7 Likes

I agree too. It forces you to rush decisions. 100/10 would be ideal imo

I understand that the Devs took a general from all the battles, that’s why they put that time, I think we should test it first to see how it develops.

1 Like

I haven’t even played PvP yet and completely agree with you @Randolph. We can probably take it to something like 80/10 but let’s see :blush: I’ll play some games :blush:

I expect we’ll need a few sensible options and a poll.

Awesome that VKC wants the feedback though :blush:

6 Likes

I would like there to be a button that allows us to simulate a forced turn jump by sending the monster to the bottom of the turn list, of course with limited use. Neomonsters is a game of strategies and sometimes you need to miss your turn

6 Likes

8 Likes

I think this is a great system to stop BMers like our dear friend @MasterMarcoPISSOFFBM. The two main things I’d is 100/10 and three instant force skip uses

3 Likes

It seems to me that it would be a necessary implementation

100/5 seems ok

Firstly, I think 100/5 should be tested for the full length of a season and, if possible, the Devs should track how many matches are being lost to running out of time. Only if it’s a big problem should it be changed to 100/10 (or similar) for ranked. Otherwise, adjust it after the end of the season.

I’m liking the change so far. Haven’t lost any games to the timer at all and when I want time to think I’ve now got more than 30s if I want. I recover the time back over the next few turns no problem.

I never liked the “force skip” mechanic much. We didn’t need it in the game. The only problem is that some monsters get an unnecessary buff/nerf from it. For example, protectors get a buff, particularly against things like sleep. A bunch of control strategies get nerfed. Bundleblazer is a very interesting one… it’s now going to work as intended.

So overall, I think things will be a lot better without it but we may run into a few problems. Duck’s idea of giving each player 3 force skips to use over the course of the match is a good solution if we decide having none at all is a problem.

1 Like

Upon playing 25 matches today I think the timer’s fine too. I haven’t even been looking at it and it seems fine how it is.

1 Like

Same. It eliminated the whole skipping and waiting 30tu for the stuff to be pushed back

1 Like

A lot of moves like Charge, Load Mortar etc are just no brainers. Same with tokens. Or if you’re playing against …

I agree with this mechanism and testing. I think the effort to reduce the wasted time of a particular player is commendable. Also, I think the attitude of trying to balance without making an immediate decision is wonderful.

On the other hand, I think that this mechanism will increase the importance of the player’s playing skills. It’s important to be able to make the best choices in a short amount of time, and that’s why we need to think about time allocation. I think players with high skills will have a higher win rate than ever before. If this competition continues, the skills of the players will improve, and there may be more high-quality games in a shorter time than now.

5 Likes

I agree that you may not like it and it is totally understandable. On the other hand, if we need the forced turn jump in some game situations, if I had to give examples, they would open Miles because it is necessary daily in pvp, a forced jump with a suitable limitation would be perfect, it is not necessary to kill this part of the game strategy as it would not even lend itself to make BM which would be a button that would take the monster instantly to the end of the turn list

I disagree with this mechanism, it removed a good strategy from the game

This probably would have been the last thing the game needed atm honestly.

Might as well have added clans or something else.