New PvP event is Live now!

Pvp is slow and boring. Not interested

Guys i really dislike this new PvP system… I miss the old system… I got 73 wins and 4,350 points… Really? REALLY? i dont have a good PvP team guys and more ppl too…

killerdog i commend you for staying the whole game, you run a interesting team i think this first time we battle goodgame 

damn thats harsh i hit 18k on 100 wins 

Hey! Which fight were you sorry? I want to get to 15000 but since it seems to be taking forever (83 wins, 8000VP) I’ve been afk playing just picking and choosing my fights so I don’t waste too much time. Point is… I very rarely look when it says the name of my opponent.

Were you the guy who sacrificed practically your whole team to get Leo, Gold, Chrome and Drako then sleep locked my entire team? I watched that one while eating lunch haha :slight_smile:

Hahaha yeah that’s me

Hahaha ouch.! :joy:

TJain did something similar to me, stun locked me with 2 shells and plowed away with aegis chrome shiva and Leo, almost ate through my entire team BUT my Warg DR got lucky and hit Leo, and then my cyber grinded the pain train to a halt. I was in shock that I won that one :lol:

@andy

If ure here on forums,

Both battles were epic, tought u had me with secnd. But ure choices were wrong,… Anyways nice job

Damn, you’ve got the nicest team I’ve seen this PvP. You really show how the Motor+Geo combo works perfectly to combat any other team. I kinda wish I recorded it to show exactly how brutal the “optimum team” is. Banedragon would’ve been the obvious counter to your sleep lock but there was no way I could’ve turned around the match with it. I looked at every point later on to see if it would’ve let me get the turns I needed but it wouldn’t have. I don’t actually have any poison legendaries anyway so that was out of the question.

There’s someone else out there with a team like yours except not quite so optimal. I was able to get a turn and take down one of the 4 monster they’d left in their line-up which broke them down and let me turn around the fight :smiley:

How can the electric starter always stun the absorber 600+ and not be fixed until now? Why my shocking just stuns three absorbers on the battle field to 250, respectively?

I lack geo
Thankyou for the kind words

I’m now done with PvP for this time. God it was a grind! So from what I can tell, with this new VP system it’s only going to be possible to get the last rewards if you’re a very strong player. And as for placing on a leaderboard, it looks very fair.

Matchmaking:
So it appears the biggest factor in matchmaking is our win ratio. Start losing matches and you’ll be knocked down a tier, facing easier opponents of all kinds of VP. This is by far the fairest way of doing matchmaking in my opinion.

Victory points:
As indicated by Dev VKC earlier, we get points depending on…

1. Our matchmaking tier (higher = more)
  2. The VP of our opponent (more = more)
  3. Our win streak (longer = more)
    The biggest factor appears to be the matchmaking tier we’re in, which is why I say that the top rewards are pretty much just for the best players. You can grind and grind but it will take you way longer. I couldn’t get enough data to test win streak, but the opponent’s VP factors in a fair amount too.

What I did in this PvP event was play almost all matches properly to begin with. I got roughly 20 straight wins and then only two losses once I hit 30-35 wins. So at this point I was definitely in the highest tier and was getting 150-200VP per win (note: without a win streak, at about 2000VP total). Continuing on, this rose to be more like 300VP per win at 7000VP total. I then decided to start afk playing, retreating from many fights and only doing ones which took my fancy. I.e. I lowered myself into a lower tier to see what VP I’d get. So I was at 7000VP total but in a lower tier I was getting just 75-100, instead of the usual 200-300. I lowered it again when I was close to my goal of 10000 and found I got about 50VP per win or sometimes less. In all these cases I was beating people with a few thousand VP (2000-4000).

TL;dr In the highest tier it seems we get roughly 200-350 VP per win, that’s with it increasing as your opponents get higher VP total. In the tier below that you get more like 50-100 VP per win. Below that you’ll get 50 VP or under per win. The tiers being mainly your win ratio, but also taking into account your total number of wins.

Getting the rewards:
I read earlier in this thread that one of the first people to reach 15000VP did it with 90 wins. That’s 167VP average per fight. That doesn’t quite line up with my workings above but I would count that as him/her probably facing a lot of people with low VP despite them being in the highest tier. I would say it’s a fair example and if a player can beat other top players they can probably get to 15000VP in 90-100 wins.

For people who aren’t in the highest tier this is not going to be achievable with the same number of wins. Below in my screenshot you can see I got to 10000VP in 100 wins. It’s hard to say whether that’s what the top 100, or even 200, players can do each time because I didn’t take not of how many wins I had before I switched my tier. But maybe the top 100 players (or so) could reach 10000VP in 100-120 wins.

As for anyone outside the top 100 or 200 players, you’re going to have a crazy time getting anywhere near 10000VP. I’d say go for the 20 wins and see if it’s worth stretching to 5000VP or maybe that legendary potion at 7000VP.

In summary:
I think this is a great system which addresses the previous issues while providing a very fair way to match opponents and give leaderboard score. Using a mixture of win rewards and VP rewards is also perfect. However, for people who aren’t top players there are quite a few rewards simply unachievable in any reasonable time. Personally I would prefer the final reward for VP to be more realistic for a larger number of people and then the reason for top players to push beyond it should be for leaderboard rewards (+crown).

P.S. If any of my numbers are wildly off then please someone tell me and it would be great if you could have some evidence or a second opinion to back you up. If you can’t tell… I’m interested in understanding this stuff and being accurate :wink:

Well with 55 wins im on 7000 vp, not half of the vp i need for all the rewards. And i heard people with half of my vp with the same wins.

Thats way to much grind for pvp. Reward system need to be changed.

Other then that i guess thats i nice system

53 wins, 3100 vp

Took me around 150 wins for 15k
Was fun with sleep team but VP system needs a lot of work same with rewards we need double pots again

62 wins, 10400 vp

One of my legends was stunned to 260s, and my other three legends including water TT were 30-50s behind my rival’s chrono. All were full health. His TSA killed all four. What a stupid game!

For clarification I got 30k in 150 games

40 wins, 6k.

Idk what pvp y’all been playing. I got 15k points off 80ish games. And i didn’t use my real pvp after 60 games so i started losing a lot after 60 wins.