New passive

I just had an absolutely brilliant idea for a new passive that should be added to the game. Poison has fallen a long way from its former glory, with the only member seeing regular usage being Banedragon, and the occasional Vulcaroth. Meanwhile, Stun has an iron grip on the meta, where one successful shocker basically decides the whole game. So, why not deal with both of those problems at once? The passive I’m thinking of is Venom Shock Guard, or whatever else you want to call it. Basically, all allies that are poisoned are rendered immune to stun. Here’s the full moveset I have in mind to back that up:

Aoe
Poison Eater(130)
Double Poison Burst(130)
Poison Cloud
P- Venom Shock Guard
P- Double Poison Gambit
SS- Instant Poison Storm(100 second restriction)
speed- 60s-70s

Poison Cloud is a 70 TU move that poisons its own team, laying down the stun protection and setting up double burst, while gambit and storm help set up fellow poisoners. So in short, it’s a bane on delay, a Leo on delay without a chrono weakness, and a convenient setup for other poisoners. What do you think?

Sounds quite interesting.

I like the design, especially the idea of Venom Shock Guard. I like how it’s delayed with the use of Poison Cloud (unless you set it up with other monsters).

However, I feel like that’s a lot of sweeping potential and support to put onto a single monster. Most monsters with Double XX need some setup so here it’s comparable to the best sweepers plus the support options are incredibly strong for a poison team.

I think what would make it more balanced is to have Poison Eater and Poison Burst both as single hitters, but keep the 130TU on each. Then it will have the double poison gambit (setup for other poison monsters or its poison eater), poison cloud to set up stun defence and poison burst (a move it can then use over and over every 130TU on any target for good damage) and the secret skill is always there to mess up overwatch, hold ground or to help out other poison monsters on your team.

^ That, to me, sounds like a good poison support monster with reasonable damage potential while it’s on the field so it’s not too much of a dead weight. Stats should probably be more rounded like Bovo and Meta so the attacks are not too heavy hitting but Poison Burst (which requires the setup) is quite nicely strong.

i like that

Tbh I like the idea a lot, I don’t think it needs as much sweeping potential as it has but the passive is a really good idea.

Also I know why it’s here but still, there is a topic for this sort of thing. And believe it or not the devs do actually look at it

I just had an absolutely brilliant idea for a new passive that should be added to the game. Poison has fallen a long way from its former glory, with the only member seeing regular usage being Banedragon, and the occasional Vulcaroth. Meanwhile, Stun has an iron grip on the meta, where one successful shocker basically decides the whole game. So, why not deal with both of those problems at once? The passive I’m thinking of is Venom Shock Guard, or whatever else you want to call it. Basically, all allies that are poisoned are rendered immune to stun. Here’s the full moveset I have in mind to back that up:

Aoe
Poison Eater(130)
Double Poison Burst(130)
Poison Cloud
P- Venom Shock Guard
P- Double Poison Gambit
SS- Instant Poison Storm(100 second restriction)
speed- 60s-70s

Poison Cloud is a 70 TU move that poisons its own team, laying down the stun protection and setting up double burst, while gambit and storm help set up fellow poisoners. So in short, it’s a bane on delay, a Leo on delay without a chrono weakness, and a convenient setup for other poisoners. What do you think?

That monster would be OP. The only monster i can think of that can counter it would be chrome. The fact it can sweep and stop stun make it a offensive and defensive threat. That’s to much for one single monster. Maybe instead of poison cloud just give it poison gas so it’s not guaranteed that it hit every monster with poison

One the other hand we have the purfy all bird coming out, and this guy requires your team to be poisoned. Making it weak to other poison.

Right, having him puts you at risk of enemy poison monsters. Which means all the more promotion of poison teams, right? :slight_smile:

I think we need to have some emphasise on poison atm. So much focus on sleep immune to mons recently and mortar and link that poison seems to be left in the dark.

pepperidge farm remembers…when vulca bane was OP

Poison not out of the meta. Vucla and bane are still a good fl and that new abyss and watever that se fish monster is. Also does well

How many APs or terrors do you see?

Not a lot but that because people just tired of using them. Not because poison suck. I run a poison end team a lot.