New Passive: Stun Mirror

We already have a lot of antistun passives.

But what about one that takes stun, cuts it in half, and reverses it to the team that did the stunning?

For instance: shocker comes in, it normally would stun the enemy. Instead, the enemy is not stunned and the 160s stun is reflected and cut in half and the shocker and its whole team are all stunned by 80s.

The monster with stun mirror passive would NOT get a turn.

1 Like

This seems like something Wobbuffet would have if he was in Neo :thinking:

Name: Mirror knight
Element: Storm
Speed: 40%

Actives:
1 - Mirror Strike 100TU, deals critical damage to an enemy with the same element as the user.
2 - Reflect Shield 130TU, shields the user from the next hit and deals the damage that would have been taken back to the user. Cannot be used if the user is poisoned.
3 - Blowback 1TU, knocks back one target and exchanges the user with the monster next in line in your reinforcements.
4 - Lifeflip Friend Unlimited 130TU.

SS - Summon Copy 50TU, adds a copy of target enemy monster next in line in your reinforcements at 100% health. This move cannot be used until 100s after this monster’s first turn.

Passives:
1 - Mirroring Entrance, when this monster enters the battlefield it becomes the element of a random enemy monster and gain a random passive ability of theirs if they have at least one.
2 - Stun Mirror, whenever this monster is hit by stun it will not be affected and will instead stun the entire enemy team by half of the length of time it would have been stunned by.

4 Likes

Dude this is awesome.

This passive is needed so much seeing as there’s only about 5 people in the game that can build a team without using a shocker. Or a monster that just cancels stun completely. Which I think time freeze on regalion should do

1 Like

Of course it would probably break the game a-la :racehorse::poop: malware wing into shocker if a shocker comes in with leo on his team and mirror stun mirros into Leo and gets stopped.

So stun -> mirror back -> leo cancels and gets turn.

That will probably break the game.

Mirroring Entrance seems quite powerful in that it gains one of the monsters passive abilities. Other than that, the monster looks pretty neat.

I kid u not when I say only yesterday I was thinking that the devs will release something “similar” to this soon. They seem to be heading that way as it is. They have gone from:

Stun Immune
Stun Converter
Stun Counter
The next step in the continued/annoying power creep would be a stun converting monster that would reflect the stun back at the other team.

Although I’m glad u mentioned the monster would not get a turn. I didn’t think of that.

I’m against the idea. I feel like we got to many stun counters. But it would be interesting to see players purposefully trigger this effect in order to get their own team stunned in order to have their 3 stun convertors counter-counter the stun. It might break the game worse than the exploding cat lol.

Imagine this scenario. Player A purposefully uses “stun flash” because he wants the stun mirror monster to reflect back the stun. The stun is reflected but then converted by player A’s Leo, Tygro, and Valz… Now stun mirror just became a massive liability.

Hmmm on second thought this could be a good idea! In fact such a move could end up being annoying for the player with such a move.

Also what will happen if both teams have stun convertors and 1 stun mirror monster on their respective sides? Loool the game will break!

I kinda talked myself into liking the idea!

Edit: sorry I just noticed you already mentioned breaking the game

I can just see stun mirror getting sleeped by malwing

4 Likes

Hey. I was the first one who suggested this as a passive for Serapheon and Pyrophim. Search it if you have to. But nice passive. It’s almost the same as I suggested. I suggested that instead of halving the stun just stun them all for 50 tu. It was deemed OP at the time. Glad to see now it’s not. But If anyone is getting this passive I am gonna vouch for Serapheon and Pyrophim. They are already had enough.

Even if it did it would still mirror the stun. If Leo is asleep he still counters stun

What about Stun mirror -> stun mirror -> stun mirror… New 400sec bug

1 Like

Namco Bandai will sue the devs if they use that design :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So does this negate stun then reflect it or just reflect it so both sides get stunned unless they have Leo
I think just a reflect would be good
People can roll for valza angel or Leo to negate it

But the mirror for example they bring in malwing
Both sides get stunned for 100

If they bring in Zeus it will reflect the 200 stun ransom to opp

Mirror force dragon for those that know yugioh

or this guy mirror knight

To clarify what I meant for “stun mirror” when I wrote it… the rest of your team still gets stunned, it’s basically like “stun immunity” plus the whole enemy team gets stunned. This would also trigger on things like stun pulse that the entire enemy team would be stunned for 100s. It also need the clause that the mirrored stun cannot be mirrored back.

I think when Boilertribe wrote the idea at the top he intended for it to absorb stun from the whole team and reflect it back, so the stun mirror protects your whole team from stun. I feel like that’s a bit too strong, even if it can be utilised by the opponent to get their stun converter/counter monsters turns. That would work as a stronger stun counter at times and at other times be a weaker stun counter. I’d prefer it to be more comparable to stun converter in strength.

How is reflecting it all back to strong? It’s no different what so ever. Instead of me getting stunned by a shocker the enemy gets stunned by a shocker, one team still gets stunned so it’s no more powerful than getting caught by it in the first place.

If people could build teams without stun then it wouldn’t be a problem. And if a monster with this passive came out the chances are people wouldn’t get hit by reflected stun to much because people would stop (hopefully) running it as much

1 Like

It’s strong because if you look at monsters like the shockers the big thing about them is their shocking entrance. If that is not just getting nullified but also reflected back at the team then that’s a super harsh counter, like how the stun counter passive is extremely OP.

I’m surprised you don’t see the power of this because it’s very similar to Tortogeist’s passive. There you have something where instead of you killing a monster you lose one (the Tortogeist’s team ultimately doesn’t lose one because they gain a monster). People were all very happy to scream how that’s OP and this stun mirror would work very similarly if it protected the whole team from stun. The thing is, it would only happy if your team got stunned and could be nullified by the enemy team having stun protection. However, due to how commonly we see stun around that’s not much of an issue.

But what if the mirror monster does not get its turn immediately like Leo/Angel?

And the stun is cut in half so even a shocker coming in is reduced to the effect of stun revenge.

Maybe though it could be full stun is mirrored back to one “random” cough next monster to get its turn cough cough monster instead of cut in half and distributed to whole team.

When stun mirror comes…than Dingus guit the game with his 3 shockers in a Team :joy:

1 Like