Is the age of the Stun Absorbers over?

There was a time where no team would survive without a an epic or Super epic stun absorber. Now it seems any stun absorber isn’t just in effective but a hindrance. If they are caught before using protect, they soak up stun and then it becomes a 3 on 4 for much of the game, unless backstab or pullback is available. If they protect, they will soon die leaving the team vulnerable again.

Finally you have the chrono stun absorbers. Choco and Utopian are a step up from the others, however if their speed is low (Utopian) they’re still likely to absorb stun before overwatch, if they do overwatch, poison then stun renders them useless.

It seems like it’s so easy to remove the absorbers out of the game and keep them on the field.
Without stun converters it’s becoming difficult to manage stun and I think we need a few more, or maybe a poison immune absorber with overwatch, or perhaps a skill called Stun block where it’s like stun converter but doesn’t grant the user the turn, thus giving us options to deal with stun.

Anyone got thoughts on this?

1 Like

I personally would like to see a new way of dealing with stun, called stun negator, essentially stops the stun from happening without granting a turn to the monster. This does have drawbacks though considering that both stun counters and absorbers are weak to chrono killer and timestrike. Just a concept, let me know your thoughts. :slight_smile:

Yeah I think we need something like that too

Stun mirror would be cool, let the enemy taste their own medicine

1 Like

More stun counter/converter monsters will be coming to the game. I think ultimately everything will balance out as more people get incredibly harsh counters to stun.

I’ve never liked the SE protector/absorbers for this reason… turning it into a 3v4 if they get stunned before protecting. Repulse and KBR also ruin them. They used to be one of the best protections from stun so fair enough you had to bite the bullet but as more monsters have moves like stun pulse, stun flash and repulse then they are becoming less good. I think that because there are harsher counters to stun now (stun counter/converter) the monsters with stun moves rather than passives are fitting into teams better. Unfortunately, these counter the stun absorbers very strongly because they can stun them before they get a turn.

1 Like

Personally i like stun absorbers alot and i intend to use 3 in my 16 monster team.

Croc,water and grass

Yep they are kinda oldschool. Was great in the past, but now there are alot of counters that punish you badly for the use of them.

Gearcroc is a great one. I love the combo of stun absorber + auto protect on a SE. Croc is probably the only one that doesn’t have any downside of the stun absorb, it’s not possible to abuse it.

1 Like

If youre talking about stun absorders in general, cobra and tort doesnt have a big disadvantage as well because of their passives (so is the ion field myth).

Also, utopion doesnt care about stun if he get overwatch on. Leave him long enough and he will 400 bomb your butt. And the mirror revenge tort - he got the disadvantage as well, but he gets alot more value then the others if he gets his protect on, so its a risky choice with a great return.

@Killerdog May I speak about the originl moveset for Mistletorment before he got released? Or is that off limits :sob:

As I said in the original post Uto will likely be poisoned at some point and be useless. Tortoise is good and Gearcroc is definitely one of the best as KD says. We need more options though. And yes, I am saying this as someone who doesn’t have Lion or Leo because there aren’t really any sustainable options.

1 Like

Would love some more SEs with alternative options to protecting the team from stun

Stun eater pls, converts stun to hp, would be useful for tanky mons

1 Like

Haha xyz! U still have a thing for stun eating!

Yeah boi :sunglasses:

1 Like