New legendary 27/09/2019

Problem is he already has 2 passives. He’d have to give up hg or ashes, both of which would hurt quite a lot.

@Phantom00 already suggested a buff so he can get an immunity in his mythic form.
for his legendary form, you just have to combo him monsters that can reduce his health to 1 and make sure he doesn’t die to auto poison, poison revenge, or poison gas.

in terms of his 160 TU skill that kill anything that has lower level than him is a good skill for pve or in some neat situations (according to KD) but if it doesn’t instantly kill boosted enemies then, yes, that skill sucks.

Maybe a new hybrid passive?
Apex Predator: Hold ground+poison removed after 100 sec

1 Like

Natural selection does something like 18k damage. Factor in the higher defence of buffed monsters and that’s still 12k or so, roughly speaking, enough to one-shot them.

This move should definitely not be piercing because it heals the user. On the 7* version of Lionheart it’s like a Bloodlust that doesn’t need any prior charging, so +30TU makes sense. Also, you’ve got 100TU confident strike if Lionheart is on max health.

If Natural Selection was 130TU I don’t think it would be game breaking. However, it’s a move we will surely get on future mythics and since they can use it on their first turn to kill a legendary and heal themselves I am happier with it at 160TU.

P.S. With regards to buff requests to Lionheart I really don’t get it. We get a monster that’s cool design and pretty good but almost immediately people are asking for buffs because it’s not overpowered. Why can’t we accept it for what it is and not push for power creep??

3 Likes

Hold ground normally has two things which counter it: poison and piercing moves.

Hold ground + revenge passive only has poison to counter it. Sure, it’s really weak to poison but in a world with piercing moves on the rise I think Lionheart is in a good position.

1 Like

I assume its because some players have expected the latest monsters to be overpowered, given the amazing monsters we received last year.

Yeah I know. In hindsight 2018 brought us lots of crazily strong monsters that pushed the old ones onto the bench. 2019 has been saving most of the OP monsters for mythics, with most of those being in the awakened form. That’s stopped things from getting out of control too badly. However, we’ve had a lot of well balanced, powerful monsters this year like Canishogun, The Rockoid and Capybaragon which I think should be praised. The one more OP monster, Bloomeluga, got singled out and moaned about as being way too strong.

There’s a definite correlation between monsters that have cool designs and people asking for those ones to be buffed. It’s clear to see that people get them and like the design so want the monster to be more like the best ones so they can use them in powerful PvP teams.

The problem with Lionheart is, that he is just a tad bit too slow and too easy to control. Poison shuts him down and he is also weak to stun and sleep. Maybe he can be fast enough when fully potted and accelerated but not quite otherwise. I had the pleasure to test him on my other account and by the looks of it he is going to be a fun gimmick monster but not a real threat.

1 Like

I hear you on that. He has the problem Wraithhost has where a person can control him with a bit of clever targeting and the weakness to stun is never good on a monster you want to use in PvP. However, he is the fastest confident strike monster in the game and if the opponent doesn’t have poison he can be a pain to deal with.

When potted Lionheart gets a turn in 52s. That’s quite a small window to have something that can get him under control. Often bringing him below 100% health will cost you a wasted move and if you kill anything else then he can vengeful recovery very quickly to be at full health again.

Lionheart obviously has a crippling weakness to poison and may not be well designed for PvP but what he has going for him is that if they don’t have poison he takes a lot of effort to kill off. Without piercing moves you’re looking at 4 hits to kill his 6* form then 7* form. Kill anything else and he can retaliate better, put him to 1HP to stall the 6* form too many times and you might make him annoyingly tanky and it’s worth noting he has no weaknesses. I’m sure just one “from the brink” is enough to make confident strike one-shot most things when his HP is 70-99%.

All-in-all a very well-rounded monster in my opinion that’s been nicely designed. I’d definitely be using it in PvP if I hatched it. I’d use it with stun protection and some way to purify (Dracorosa?).

The no weaknesses aspect is definitely a positive thing. I also realised with Auro or Atra he will aso be very annoying because of from the ashes. Still, I believe a 160 tu natural selection should be piercing. 130 tu would be more reasonable if the move is kept as is.

2 Likes

On Lionheart I can see it, but what about on a mythic which has high speed, stun converter, hold ground or other powerful passives that make it hard to deal with? 160TU one-shot any legendary with piercing that heals the monster and requires no setup is pushing the top end of power level I think.

On a high speed mythic indeed it is the ultimate power creep move but as it stands we only have Lionheart and I was thinking of him specifically. Also we don’t know if any other monster will get the move.

Another problem is that the enhancement of the potion cannot be preserved in his mythological form.

1 Like

Yeah I agree,it should be piercing

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been testing him and Natural Selection should be piercing.

1 Like

inb4 Natural Selection becomes a piercing move and people beg for it to be nerfed back to the way it was.

2 Likes

It definitely do not need to be piercing. The move itself is literally the true meaning of powercreep.

If they turn into a piercing, the healing need to be removed from it and also higher TU like 200.

2 Likes

It’s a crap move that can’t even clear super epic protectors. Most have hold ground or shields on when they enter. My unevolved fire mythic is way more useful than that Lion. It’s ok, he is a great bench warmer though.

1 Like

It’s not a crap move at all. But you can’t make a team around him either. He is there to be annoying sweeper and not a main one like you said as a “bench warmer”.

It still got confident strike with 60 TU less tu