šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Just a troll suggestion lol , move zhulong to S in general . It finally got a buff after such a long time :wink: definitely deserves a rise in the tier list as well .

This alone says very little, itā€™s one monster of your 16 :stuck_out_tongue: How many kills did it often get and were you playing it around DR monsters with, say, an Aurodragon setup? Because I wouldā€™ve thought if you use it alongside death/payback revenge then 2-3 of the sentenced enemies would die to your other monsters anyway, so it works out as a delayed 2x DR or something?

Yeah, Sageroom is another one of those monsters which can trivialise PvE. It takes more work/luck to make that happen though, plus it doesnā€™t offer anything other than that. It wonā€™t be placed low in PvE, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be putting it super high.

Sageroom always says the ā€œoverexcitedā€ while in a battleā€¦ itā€™s just saying it has the passive, not that itā€™s currently got the switched stats. If you click on the monster in the time bar youā€™ll see what stats it has and youā€™ll see it still has high defence.

Iā€™m still figuring this one out but itā€™s definitely improved in PvP at least. In PvE it is certainly better, but it already has a good tier there (S-) so not sure if it deserves S tier. What makes it great is the 70TU link stealth all with very high, controlled damage (sneak attack) and it survives well with poison immunity + HG. Double bloodthirst is not necessary there, but definitely handy as an extra damage option.

fortunately I prefer to use strategy rather than rely on luck of DR/Auro spam - though both were in my team, granted. usually phoone got 3 if not 4 kills.

this was my team. usually phoones revenge is activated before any actual attack happens, unless i get an early ankou.

incidentally next uc i think Iā€™m going to make a team without any mirrors, petrify revenge or DR clones.

2 Likes

Anyone have any thoughts on the two new mons? The mythic seems pretty dope, the ledgend looks tricky to get going (blood move wise, I mean).

I partially agree. The ā€œturn into mushroomā€ instant kill ability is one of the strongest abilites in PVE. A lot of ā€œInstant Killā€ or ā€œLethal Damageā€ abilities donā€™t scale properly to super buffed monsters. But you are right that there is a lot of luck involved in setting conditions just right. I would put Sageroom as a ā€œS-Tierā€ support monster specifically for PVE as it has the ability to keep the AI teams from functioning. Other than that it brings very little to the table. Especially because the only ā€œattackā€ it has instantly kills the musharoos. Therefore once it served itā€™s purpose of creating the musharoos it only becomes a shield. If instead of the overexcited ability it had something like auto taunt, It could be quite overpowered.

Placement is trickyā€¦ Support role in PVE I would easily give it S tier.
General role in PVE maybe B tier?
In PVP it probably will be similar to staticsphere. It will not be able to use its abilities to any noticeable capacity. So also between D/E tier.

1 Like

Interesting team! I would not have expected it to do as well as you did. Geartyrant with no sleep/stun control falls flat in my own experience. I would count Spectrefox (s) and Vigziarid as wasted slots because there are plenty of monsters which offer a lot more. I guess what pulls through for you is Dolphoone/Onigeist, then Tortogeist+Aurodragon and the Chronotitan+Geartyrant combo. Or perhaps your three ways to get an enemy monster (Horrorclaw, Tortogeist and Angelion) often give you the tools you need to win a battle.

Did you fire off DSA from Onigeist at the beginning of each battle? Iā€™m wondering because I wouldā€™ve thought that would overlap too much with Dolphooneā€™s revenge. Spectrefox I can imagine you often used soul exchange on? Was there any particular section of your team that killed a lot of the enemy team very well? My gut says it was Shivadragon + Chronotitan more than anything else. How well did Vinegazer do at the back?

Mythic (Carmilla) is an exceptional mix of being ridiculously tanky as well as doing efficient sweeping thatā€™s got practically no restriction. DR to top it all off is a bit sillyā€¦ it seems overpowered and very generically good so weā€™ll probably see it used a lot.

Legendary (Shikabloom) is not tricky to get going at all. It wants to be used with beasts, but there are loads of good ones that exist. Union sneak attack one-shots basically everything and you can always get a second kill with protector conversion (plus set up union sneak attack again) if you donā€™t have beasts around when it gets another turn. If things really fall apart, it can remove itself with protector conversion. Itā€™s a very hard to kill sweeper that is a big reward for building around it properly.

2 Likes

Somehow I didnā€™t notice that Shikabloom had camouflageā€¦ That makes him like a more useful Tagosenshi.

Thatā€™s really too bad, out of 60 eggs I got 3x Pandemonium and nothing else :roll_eyes:. I did get a copy of the mythic, which Iā€™m very happy about.

Ive got enough gems for one more pack, but that will bring me well below 50 gems and then I canā€™t use the shrineā€¦ On the other hand, itā€™s been a very long time since Iā€™ve seen a festival egg with mons this goodā€¦

EDIT:
I now see Pandemonium is in the S tier.
ā€¦ Why? I would not have guessed him ranking higher than Lionheart, what exactly am I missing?

Lionheart:
ā€¢ sweeper
ā€¢ annoying to deal with because of three healing skills and shield itself once, but if itā€™s not at 100% HP, Confident Strike deals significantly less damage, meaning itā€™s not super reliable as a sweeper since poison destroys it
ā€¢ Poison also disables its revenge effect
ā€¢ the other attack option is 160sec + only effective against 5ā˜… monsters
ā€¢ the mythic version is good, since even 70-99% HP Confident Strike will deal high damage because of high stats, and Natural Selection has a wider range of targets, making it a pretty ok sweeper

Pandamonium:
ā€¢ can Poison (all enemies), Sleep (guaranteed) Stun (by a lot)
ā€¢ if heā€™s poisoned or if you have a purifier, you can use Exhausting Sleep with no drawbacks
ā€¢ despite all of this it has no weaknesses because of Killer Immunity
ā€¢ therefore tanky as hell, Hold Ground + full defence + immune to Killer moves
ā€¢ if he has nothing left to do, he can sacrifice itself, letting another ally enter the field, while also giving turn to the whole team

Basically, we have a kinda tanky but not that reliable single sweeper VS the 2nd best support legendary in the game, second only to Vigziarid which has a great revenge and attack option

4 Likes

And activate retribution moves

1 Like

Brilliant stun and sleep control, on a monster thatā€™s high speed and super tanky. Sacrifice team turn is very strong tooā€¦ itā€™s a top notch support monster.

Lionheart, on the other hand, is a mediocre/poor sweeper with no flexibility.

EDIT: Just read the next reply (from Interference)ā€¦ he covered it very well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the very good explanations!

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.29 which you can see here. This post will cover the movements with regards to these changes.

A few buffs to recent mythics here that were clunky and otherwise just a few monsters. Letā€™s dive in!

Please note: They failed to fix the bug with Elemphox so itā€™s actually still got the +200% attack/defence buff. that means they get +200% attack/defence rather than +100%. I will not be taking this into account here.

Yukihime got a nice change to the hit all move so you now might consider using it to slow down enemies or get rid of shields/stealth/etc. Itā€™s good to see the frozen touch passive actually mean something! Ultimately not a major change though.

Movements:

These are only with respect to the changes in version 2.29.

Hu Shin moves from F ā†’ D in general, this now has all 50TU moves besides bloodthirst but the restrictions make it stay super clunky for use in PvP. Itā€™s basically a weaker Atrahasis in most cases, which is already a fringe legendary. However, timely revival is potentially very strong so it may play well sometimes and I reckon in PvE it can work reasonably well in teams seeking to abuse this 50TU ā€œnecromancyā€.

Coretta moves from S- ā†’ B in PvP, full disclosureā€¦ I was very wrong about her originally. We see a lot of clunky mythic designs that donā€™t work and unfortunately she was another. The reality is that itā€™s too easy for aggressive teams to pick apart combos like these before they get going, so Coretta ends up spamming vow and being unable to do anything else. That said, one of the big issues was the TU of vow, which has been drastically reduced. 70TU seems achievable and the shield move becoming 1TU means you can shield your whole team any time Coretta gets a turn, if you donā€™t mind putting her HP low. I think the change has done a really good job of fixing her problems, but Iā€™m hesitant to get hyped until Iā€™ve properly tested her. So these are the tiers Iā€™m putting her in for now and Iā€™ll probably adjust them later on.

Majorie moves from D ā†’ F in general, I was going to save this for a normal update but Iā€™ll do it here. Iā€™ve tried this monster out and itā€™s horrendous. Itā€™s basically permanently spamming sleep roulette and feeling like a liability as it disables your own team. Only very particular setups can actually use it properly and even in those there are far better options. Speeding up the moves is not going to make a difference, it needs ultrathunder changed into a useful move and/or a mild speed increase.

Beetlebrute moves from A ā†’ S in PvP, with Mantisamurai and F.D. Maeve, bugs have become an extremely good union setup recently and Beetlebrute has now got a faster cannibalise to heal your team and remove a dead weight token/teammate. This monster is definitely going to help carry bug union as a strategy.

Lavaronix (s) moves from C ā†’ A in general and F ā†’ D in PvP, this is a weird one because itā€™s still got the big problem of stun absorber + TT making it impossible to give turn to and the big payoff of TT being disrupted by any stun. However, having both shield and overwatch makes this take more effort to deal with, potentially creating situations where avoiding the TT becomes hard for your opponent. Also, 250s link megabomb lines up nicely after two give turns. I reckon itā€™s about as good as the non-shiny standard TT legendaries now when used in link shadow, and a little stronger than them in PvE thanks to the faster megabomb. Thanks Devs for trying to fix this!

Zhulong moves from D ā†’ B in PvP, being reliant on stealth was a big drawback but this is no longer the case! With the right setup it should be very nice and it forms a good basis for link shadow in PvP.

5 Likes

Hey KD, thanks for the update. Your guide is a massively useful resource for every player of this game and Iā€™ve been using literally every time I get something new for years now. Surely a mammoth commitment over time.

That being said, is it my imagination or is your interest in maintaining this thing (or in this game overall) starting to wane?

I think Jackolene was released like 4 or 5 months now and she has yet to be placed. And I donā€™t mean that to sound like a criticism, you could stop updating forever and this guide would still be an important resource for a very long time. You do you.

Mostly Iā€™m just checking in.

1 Like

I love how you wrote that and proceeded to leave her in D Tier which really isnā€™t doing the Tier List a favor since D Tier for one of the best mythics currently around is just absurdly wrong.

i imagine heā€™s holding off until she gets her inevitable nerf. and also she has only been around for 1 PvP season so far.

I agree, KD has been immense in supporting the game and newer players. His guides help so many, Iā€™m sure like others he gets inundated with DMs asking for help and the time he puts into supporting the game is second to none.

My issue with the tier list is that it comes down to one playerā€™s opinion (albeit a solid one). I think maybe the tier list would be stronger if there was a core group of 3 players who agree on the placement of new monsters and update the list more collaboratively, which may also relieve KD of the workload somewhat which you mention. (Not pushing my own agenda here as I wouldnā€™t volunteer anyway)

Just an idea!

2 Likes

nah. Heā€™s a loony! :wink:

1 Like

She released on May 1st, exactly 2 months ago. I usually update the tier list every 1-2 months, depending on when I have free time.

I havenā€™t done the update yetā€¦ only the changes related to the latest game update. Youā€™ve known how Iā€™ve done tier list updates for yearsā€¦ you should know this by now :stuck_out_tongue:

It wouldnā€™t, because Iā€™d need to discuss every monster at length with the other people and if I donā€™t like their placement of it Iā€™d have to spend even more time convincing them to change it. I also believe thereā€™s going to be inconsistency and other things in play if itā€™s a group of people. As it currently stands I should be consistent with any bias/mistakes so people can make adjustment for that when they read it if they spot I rate things differently to how they would. Also, I take input from many different people and am happy to discuss stuff so while itā€™s mostly my own positioning itā€™s also got a lot of the community contributing. I imagine itā€™s easier to convince one person (me) that something should be changed rather than a small group.

Thereā€™s pros and cons to each of course. One con right now is tier list updates only come every couple of months.

On a side note: I believe there will be an alternative tier list being created on the discord in the future, which will be done by a pair of people. Their plan is to make it adjusting lots based on the current meta. It should offer a brilliant second opinion for readers and come with all the pros but without any cons. Only con is that itā€™ll take effort from those guys tooā€¦ Iā€™m very interested to see how well they keep up with the workload :wink:

there might be a couple ngl. :rofl:

KD slacking on updating the tier list for new mon additions timely smh.