🏆 Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) 🏆

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.14 which you can see here. This post will cover the movement with regards to these changes. There were A LOT of changes in this update. Most of the monsters which haven’t moved I’ve noted here.

Persephia got its damage buff improved which is definitely an upgrade for use and the assisted dusk will become strong but it’s not significant enough to cause a tier change.
Lemon got nerfed a little but the main thing is its combo removal with Necta. I said I’d move it up a tier but now I won’t.
Uraniumedhus got its combo potential improved but I think the main power comes from the 50TU radioactive fallout.
Spikiestornado got a huge upgrade to the moveset but it’s held back way too much by the team building.
Fluffydra got a lovely addition of healing entrance so it now does everything holy wants to do but ultimately it still lacks power and reliability so it remains low on the lists and probably just a good addition to link holy teams or when you want a huge damage monster.
Volcaiga was probably the best monster for being given lava entrance as a general counter to sleep, stealth and shields. This matters most in PvP, where it was already S+. I expect to be seeing it some more!
Nereida, Serazael, Bonetalon each got improvements that make their moveset work better in modern times and basically just maintain their tier.
Heavenshorn got a nice looking buff on paper but it lacks the killing power of SEs in higher tiers.

Last update went through a lot of legendaries, giving them counters to sleep. This update seemed to focus on super epics, again giving more counters to sleep but also revamping some of the most poorly rated ones. Poison has been upgraded enormously with there now being a huge selection of viable monsters that can poison the whole field. This was clearly as an attempt to handle sleep in general but I think more and more we’ll see poison in PvP.

Movements:

These are all with respect to the changes in version 2.14.

Asmodia moves from F -> C in general and F -> S- in PvP and second form tier 1 -> tier 2, such an incredible buff here by removing restrictions and making bow out incredible for killing. Two 70TU sweeping moves, roaring entrance and support for poison + countering sleep. It does it all but lacks damage with whip which does hold it back a little.
Nauticruiser moves from C -> B in general and D -> C in PvP, hold ground on each Nautipod greatly improves the chance of this being successful (they survive to their turn better and heal themselves). The energy archetype is definitely possible to build around in link storm too, which gives this high potential.
Sarcrosphinx moves from B -> A in PvP, added stun immunity is always good for PvP.
Reapolantern moves from D -> B in general and F -> A in PvP, with decent killing potential in PvE and a cheap toxic entrance in PvP this has gone from practically useless to a reasonable include in some teams.
Saberdragon moves from C -> B in general and C -> A in PvP, really hard to assess fully. This one got an overhaul so it has the two most important immunities, a killer move and a huge damage increase to electrocute. In theory it counters lots of things (sleep, shields, stealth, tokens) and can become a sweeper with dual immunities and no killer weakness, as well as being built around with enrage to make electrocute one-shot but it’s hard to know how often it will come together. In most PvP battles I can’t see this doing a lot outside the front line unless it meets an ideal scenario it counters.
Pegassiah moves from S- -> S in general and D -> C in PvP, healing entrance is lovely for stalling enemy momentum and saving HG monsters from a poison tick.
Titanwolf moves from S- -> S in general, a couple of bronzeshells always helps slow an AI team very nicely.
Gaiakaizer moves from D -> B in PvP, triple entrance is seriously good support for any throw team and while the moveset is restrictive it’s a great cannibalise target.
Ventokaizer moves from S- -> S+ in general and D -> A in PvP, shocking entrance on a SE and not only that it’s the one we all get guaranteed when we join the game!
Blightwyrm moves from D -> A in PvP, another cheap toxic entrance and it can actually purify your team immediately so the effect only gets enemies. The issue is removing it but as link shadow poison support in PvP this has potential.
Pontibear moves from C -> A in general and B -> S in PvP, link survivor+ is a huge upgrade and makes this an excellent all-round sweeper for link holy teams.
Devilborg moves from C -> A in general and E -> S- in PvP, finally a buff that’s really pushed this into being excellent. Very similar to Pontibear now this is basically the link shadow version that has a damage move swapped for a synergy move. Should be brilliant for new players using link shadow teams in PvE.
Nectareon moves from A -> S- in general and S -> S+ in PvP, a very cost efficient toxic entrance monster with brilliant aggression that’s ideal for supporting poison teams. Ironically the Lemon nerf was a buff to this!
Captain canine moves from C -> S- in general and D -> A in PvP, I’ve always been super critical of this but now its moveset works! The reliance on stun holds it back in PvP but it’s a decent sweeper overall.
Snowhulk moves from F -> C in general and F -> S- in PvP, the worst SE in the game just became something serious! Insane snowball damage makes it useful in some PvE battles while the good speed + shield entrance means it’s very reliable and good for PvP. Even if it is killed before it can snowball it has regenerate to potentially have another chance. Revival synergy potential and purify sometimes coming up pushes this even higher.
Ogremaster moves from F -> B in general and F -> S- in PvP, another I’ve always been critical of has been turned into the mythic killer with a lot of relevant support moves and decent offence for a SE.
Phantomaiden moves from A -> S- in PvP, decent poison team support with potential OoO synergy (albeit risky) and good collection of offensive moves. It’s not top notch but clearly a good sweeper.
Apedemek moves from E -> B in general and F -> A in PvP, reclassed as a stun absorber with only sleep killer weakness and a very interesting moveset I can see this working a lot better. It looks like a functioning monster which has major upside in some scenarios and gives value over time with its moves. Probably needs a bit of give turn support to work well.

7 Likes