šŸ† Neo Monsters tier list (see first post) šŸ†

Update

Notes:

We recently had an update to version 2.14 which you can see here. This post will cover the movement with regards to these changes. There were A LOT of changes in this update. Most of the monsters which havenā€™t moved Iā€™ve noted here.

Persephia got its damage buff improved which is definitely an upgrade for use and the assisted dusk will become strong but itā€™s not significant enough to cause a tier change.
Lemon got nerfed a little but the main thing is its combo removal with Necta. I said Iā€™d move it up a tier but now I wonā€™t.
Uraniumedhus got its combo potential improved but I think the main power comes from the 50TU radioactive fallout.
Spikiestornado got a huge upgrade to the moveset but itā€™s held back way too much by the team building.
Fluffydra got a lovely addition of healing entrance so it now does everything holy wants to do but ultimately it still lacks power and reliability so it remains low on the lists and probably just a good addition to link holy teams or when you want a huge damage monster.
Volcaiga was probably the best monster for being given lava entrance as a general counter to sleep, stealth and shields. This matters most in PvP, where it was already S+. I expect to be seeing it some more!
Nereida, Serazael, Bonetalon each got improvements that make their moveset work better in modern times and basically just maintain their tier.
Heavenshorn got a nice looking buff on paper but it lacks the killing power of SEs in higher tiers.

Last update went through a lot of legendaries, giving them counters to sleep. This update seemed to focus on super epics, again giving more counters to sleep but also revamping some of the most poorly rated ones. Poison has been upgraded enormously with there now being a huge selection of viable monsters that can poison the whole field. This was clearly as an attempt to handle sleep in general but I think more and more weā€™ll see poison in PvP.

Movements:

These are all with respect to the changes in version 2.14.

Asmodia moves from F -> C in general and F -> S- in PvP and second form tier 1 -> tier 2, such an incredible buff here by removing restrictions and making bow out incredible for killing. Two 70TU sweeping moves, roaring entrance and support for poison + countering sleep. It does it all but lacks damage with whip which does hold it back a little.
Nauticruiser moves from C -> B in general and D -> C in PvP, hold ground on each Nautipod greatly improves the chance of this being successful (they survive to their turn better and heal themselves). The energy archetype is definitely possible to build around in link storm too, which gives this high potential.
Sarcrosphinx moves from B -> A in PvP, added stun immunity is always good for PvP.
Reapolantern moves from D -> B in general and F -> A in PvP, with decent killing potential in PvE and a cheap toxic entrance in PvP this has gone from practically useless to a reasonable include in some teams.
Saberdragon moves from C -> B in general and C -> A in PvP, really hard to assess fully. This one got an overhaul so it has the two most important immunities, a killer move and a huge damage increase to electrocute. In theory it counters lots of things (sleep, shields, stealth, tokens) and can become a sweeper with dual immunities and no killer weakness, as well as being built around with enrage to make electrocute one-shot but itā€™s hard to know how often it will come together. In most PvP battles I canā€™t see this doing a lot outside the front line unless it meets an ideal scenario it counters.
Pegassiah moves from S- -> S in general and D -> C in PvP, healing entrance is lovely for stalling enemy momentum and saving HG monsters from a poison tick.
Titanwolf moves from S- -> S in general, a couple of bronzeshells always helps slow an AI team very nicely.
Gaiakaizer moves from D -> B in PvP, triple entrance is seriously good support for any throw team and while the moveset is restrictive itā€™s a great cannibalise target.
Ventokaizer moves from S- -> S+ in general and D -> A in PvP, shocking entrance on a SE and not only that itā€™s the one we all get guaranteed when we join the game!
Blightwyrm moves from D -> A in PvP, another cheap toxic entrance and it can actually purify your team immediately so the effect only gets enemies. The issue is removing it but as link shadow poison support in PvP this has potential.
Pontibear moves from C -> A in general and B -> S in PvP, link survivor+ is a huge upgrade and makes this an excellent all-round sweeper for link holy teams.
Devilborg moves from C -> A in general and E -> S- in PvP, finally a buff thatā€™s really pushed this into being excellent. Very similar to Pontibear now this is basically the link shadow version that has a damage move swapped for a synergy move. Should be brilliant for new players using link shadow teams in PvE.
Nectareon moves from A -> S- in general and S -> S+ in PvP, a very cost efficient toxic entrance monster with brilliant aggression thatā€™s ideal for supporting poison teams. Ironically the Lemon nerf was a buff to this!
Captain canine moves from C -> S- in general and D -> A in PvP, Iā€™ve always been super critical of this but now its moveset works! The reliance on stun holds it back in PvP but itā€™s a decent sweeper overall.
Snowhulk moves from F -> C in general and F -> S- in PvP, the worst SE in the game just became something serious! Insane snowball damage makes it useful in some PvE battles while the good speed + shield entrance means itā€™s very reliable and good for PvP. Even if it is killed before it can snowball it has regenerate to potentially have another chance. Revival synergy potential and purify sometimes coming up pushes this even higher.
Ogremaster moves from F -> B in general and F -> S- in PvP, another Iā€™ve always been critical of has been turned into the mythic killer with a lot of relevant support moves and decent offence for a SE.
Phantomaiden moves from A -> S- in PvP, decent poison team support with potential OoO synergy (albeit risky) and good collection of offensive moves. Itā€™s not top notch but clearly a good sweeper.
Apedemek moves from E -> B in general and F -> A in PvP, reclassed as a stun absorber with only sleep killer weakness and a very interesting moveset I can see this working a lot better. It looks like a functioning monster which has major upside in some scenarios and gives value over time with its moves. Probably needs a bit of give turn support to work well.

7 Likes

Bruuuhhhh Bundle works the same! Sleep immunes work the same! Purify afterwards with some teambuilding works the same! Why are you like this?!

1 Like

Would you at least admit that lemon was totally S+ tier last month after shikaotoko got top 1 using it?

2 Likes

I also think youā€™re underrating Heavenshorn. He seems solid now: his damage might not be great but heā€™s fast and has some great sweeping moves!

Besides that I agree with the update fully, tier more tier less.

There are now TONS of counters to Lemon and building around it is relatively easy but not going to be done as much as it was with Nectareon. I should point out as well that Iā€™m rating the final form and it had both shield entrance removed and unmovable addedā€¦ itā€™s definitely pushed down the power of it. Itā€™s weaker if youā€™re using it simply as an early-game tanky sleeper.

@NMEduck I honestly just want people to stop freaking out about my placing of it. I admit I was a tier off last time but thereā€™s no need for anyone to make a big deal over it.

Piercing blow damage is not useful, slayerbane damage is low and it needs two kills. Itā€™s fine but with the moveset it has itā€™s not going to be anything special so Iā€™d rather not push it higher in the tier list. If it were fighting against SEs it would be good but against legendaries/mythics it really struggles. I think it sits well in the middle tiers for PvE and PvP.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not going to happen. The Tier List basically defines the worth of the monsters we own. Of course the monsters would still be good or bad without the tier list but the list makes a monsters worth visible and since the thread itself exists since forever it has a lot of credibility. So itā€™s basically the go to place if you want to know whether you own good monsters or not. On top people want their own stuff to be good and they want the stuff they lose to to be good because everybody wants to own a good collection and nobody wants to lose to monsters who suck lol. So yeah, people will never stop freaking out. Also Tolerance of ambiguity is something this forum has always struggled with. The simple fact that itā€™s absolutely normal to disagree about a monsters rating is seen as a proof that KD isnā€™t ranking the monsters properly.

1 Like

I would like if KD took opinions of a few players who own or use awakened mythics as far as pvp is concerned .

Perhaps a weekly stream or weekly discussion of an awakened mythic plus strict rule of no trolling in that particular convo.

I have used awakened xyz last few weeks . I was hesitant at first to use him but decided to use him just to meme others . But that extra turn on entrance to stun converters doesnā€™t make huge difference if own team is balanced correctly .
Xyz has won me games against a lot of top players . Plus times up and instant knockback on a high speed monster is valuable enough . He can be used strategically to counter-stall bloomeluga .
Only drawback is like I pointed out , own team must be stacked to handle situations against stun converters .
Awakened xyz is definitely a top tier in competitive pvp but needs a good supporting team as well . And hence , my opinion is he definitely doesnā€™t deserve S tier ranking , neither a tier as disappointing as E ,which he is in currently.

Because I can safely say he is far more intimidating than those S- mythics .

7 Likes

Assigning a tier to a monster is very difficult. I took the activity of ranking players a few days back , nothing was ever as stressful as that. So, I feel itā€™s a bit rude to judge this thread or KDā€™s rankings without thinking twice .

Iā€™m sure he is ready to indulge the community in ranking monsters he doesnā€™t own . I feel players must contribute constructively rather than upsetting his difficult work .

Thank you !

Iā€™ve faced awakened XYZ and its a menace

Yes , he is now my dearest monster in PvP . He can turn the match around with proper use and ā€œskillsā€. He is that monster who cant be expected to perform well just by slapping him in any team or slot. Certainly a mythic for higher ranked players.

@ItsSherlock i heard you quit, is it true?

Canā€™t confirm

:expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

Would you have liked me to quit :smiley: ?

1 Like

Iā€™m just bored and curious

Good work! Itā€™s insane how many worthless SEs were powered up and rendered useful! Except for Lunalord.

One thing also: Apedemek is weak to Sleep Killer actually, because of Sleep Curse.

Plus, is the Ventokaizer thing recent?

I regularly talk with a bunch of players about monsters, especially those I donā€™t own. Just a few weeks back DonT and I did an ā€œoverhaulā€ of the mythics PvE list. I also read practically everything written by people in the community. I have always said I want to hear as many opinions as possible on monsters. So believe me when I say that youā€™re sorely mistaken if you think Iā€™m not doing this. The issue isnā€™t from my side, itā€™s that the vast majority of people donā€™t share opinions on 80-90% of the monsters.

Also, Iā€™m not too fond when you have people come in and say stuff like ā€œI may not play the game anymore but Iā€™m pretty sure KD is off with some of the rankingsā€. I mean come onā€¦ no constructive input, just insulting something I spend tens of hours over.

I used to have XYZ higher but I brought it down over time mainly due to pressure from the rest of the community (people calling it unplayable). However, my own opinion has changed with time. Over the 1.5 years itā€™s been out Iā€™ve seen it a lot now and used it myself (unawakened, but I can adjust accordingly). Basically yes it is very strong but it definitely does get countered at times and while team building can help get around that itā€™s mostly out of your control. Usually when I fight against it Iā€™ll stun it out of play and leave it there because the battle becomes a 4v3 and the stunning my team doesnā€™t matter (a lot of top tier monsters used in PvP are stun immune/converter or you have a stun counter on the field).

On balance, I think that it will work at times but too frequently get countered or not be useful that it doesnā€™t match up to what the other mythics do on average. When it comes to mythics theyā€™re much harder to place than other monsters. Almost all of them are very powerful and so even the lower tier mythics are strong, especially when used well or in the ideal scenario.

Good spot! I missed that.

I canā€™t remember when it was added but it was many months ago. When you first load into the game thereā€™s a daily login bonus for 7 days and Ventokaizer is rewarded on one of the days. I think the only other place we can get it now is from friend chest but I might be wrong about that.

If I can find these people irl , Iā€™d put a dunce hat on them and say happy world nature day

I have to say about XYZā€¦ instant KBN is surprisingly useful for messing up the many players who have something at the back of their team to throw / Moku. XYZ usually gets one turn at least so it can almost always use that.