Neo Monsters Friend System

Hi guys,

I see many conspiracy theories around this thing every time, people saying “X player is checking the friend list to avoid playing top players”.

I didn’t think was true until this ranking, I have two fellow DMGs playing for the top spot, and looks like @NMEduck conveniently stopped playing whenever Ragnar and Destroyer were around.

I don’t discuss Duck’s skills which are surely amazing but it that a coincidence that he pulled off a 44 winstreak and looked stopping playing when Top Players were playing?

Besides that, Ragnar has sent to Duck a friend request, which never been accepted and Duck asked him to send the request.
So this is convenient because Duck by letting the request hang up can see when Ragnar is active, and Ragnar cannot see when Duck is active.

Too many coincidences make me suspicious.

@Dev_VKC can we please fix this?

Hiding the last active time will be a solution.

I know this impacts a lot the sharing monster system in PvE, but if this is happening we need to find a solution.

3 Likes

I’ve Been saying this for ages, it’s so dumb they allow something of this ridiculousness to be around, especially when people openly say that they use it to que snipe or avoid top players

1 Like

Actually, I tried sniping ragnar with a counter team multiple times in the past two days until I heard he switched teams but wasn’t able to face him.

As for destroyer, he messaged me on the first day of ranked wondering when I’d be playing because he didn’t want to face me so I think that’s a moot point. Most of the top players that would be my usual competition aren’t playing anyway due to the holidays so it shouldn’t be a surprise I could get over a 95% winrate for the first two days.

Honestly I didn’t realize I could use it to check the time ragnar last played without him being able to know mine until he pointed it out to me. He kept bugging me on discord asking what my IGN was so I told him to send me a friend request, which I intend to leave in my inbox untouched until the game’s servers shut down.

That’s definitely a good idea. They can hide it just during ranked so it has minimal impact on pve.

3 Likes

Great point.

Aside that, even if you did those things the fault is not yours until game permit you to do so.

If this is implemented I dibs 1st person to become @LemonSqueezy friend :heart:

1 Like

Said it before, I’ll say it again. Players should be able to hide any data that can trace back to them from players. The exception being add friend and report buttons built into the battle log.

4 Likes

:joy:

As for the others saying I’ve been avoiding top players, here’s a list of the ones I can remember facing:
lemon 0-1
TOG meliodas 3-0 rip
janne 1-0
keets 0-1
joaco 1-0
nyorainz 0-1
coltraz (using 999wrld’s acc) 0-1
tondeusencarton 1-0
TNC chaos 1-0
neofink 2-0
yumi 2-0 (he gave up on the first turn both times :skull:)
the real kingstun 1-0
some chinese whale 1-0
one of those carnival guys 2-0

There are some more players I crushed that I’m probably forgetting.

4 Likes

I’ll still know it’s you by the wild teams :wink:

1 Like

This is why I deleted almost all in-game friends, your friend points aren’t worth you knowing what I’m doing when I’m doing it lol

2 Likes

Me too! :joy:

1 Like

Hahahaha thanks!

Unfortunately I still get GG BROOOO from people :joy::roll_eyes:

Oh btw

3 Likes

LOL

I first heard of this idea from DMG players so…

I’m sure I can find the receipts if you need them

2 Likes

didn’t a player get removed from top 1 recently for matchmaking exploitation…?

and y’all basically admitting to do the same.

9 Likes

This all is so pathetic. It’s a competition where the winner has built a team that can beat most other teams, so the number 1 spot is deserved and justified. What’s the point of avoiding the toughest opponents to reach number 1? If anything, that makes winning incredibly hollow.

I can’t understand people who do this bullshit just to win.

6 Likes

I guess ends matter more than means for some people.

2 Likes

Completely agree.

1 Like

I once beat Duck. So ntg matters.