My thoughts on the latest balance changes.

I figured that I may as well beat @Lucrayzor to the punch and write up my thoughts on the changes. Regarding the monster buffs, I really like them as it breathes some new light into some criminally underused monsters, most notably the commonly hatched legends such as the Auto Poisoners, the Shocking Entrance monsters, and the 400sec Novablasters. Additionally, all the First Ones sans Atrahasis got some new tools to play with, especially Terragar who got quite the buff. Several other legendaries were also buffed including Prismpaw, Skeleviathan and Baublebasher, which is pretty lit all things considered. As for the Super Epics, some of them received a bone as well with Chimeraxus being the clear winner imo. Lava Entrance sounds like a nice way to deal with some pesky shields.

And on the topic of shields, there comes the nerfs that came with this update. Personally, I’m glad that there weren’t as many nerfs as I expected, and they only affected the strats that people have complained about. AP Spam and Cani frontlines are now essentially dead in the water, the LDGT loop has been broken, and Bastia received a decent nerf but still maintains a solid amount of usability. Additionally, sleep strats took a beating as well, leaving poison the clear winner of this change.

Overall, this update was better than I expected, though there are a couple things that I would’ve liked to see cough Mulasem buff cough. At the end of the day, I’m just glad that they didn’t touch Voidress; otherwise heads would start rolling. I’ll let this be the topic to discuss your thoughts on the latest changes.

5 Likes

Fun part is I can’t seem to find a single opponent in PvP right now. My bet is on that 80 % don’t have a working team right now than the possibility of update delay

1 Like

I can’t access it right now…can somebody please post the Cani and AP spam nerfs…LoL AP got hit twice…nuked once already, love to see the recent nuke.

3 Likes

Cani had Underdog’s TU increased to 160, the cost is now 16 instead of 14 and the starter’s have their Assisted Attack All move nerf to Attack All.

As for AP spam; Twighoul’s Guardian Execute can no longer be redirected, Goldoid’s Regenerate passive has been reduced from 50% to 35%, Dusi’s Confident Strike became RAW, the original Auto Poison trio now got True Hit, which had its TU reduced to 130, and Musashoid now costs 7 points instead of 6.

4 Likes

Awww! That’s the big hit to all ap spammers…

1 Like

I like most of the nerfs to be honest. They should have nerfed Duscy’s defense though. No need for the confident strike second wind switch up.

Love the Goldoid nerf, and guardian execute buff is good as well.

I just don’t like the auto posion buff. I don’t know why people kept complaining about them…they are very strong and annoying monsters already. The fact my Auto posioners get targeted as a priority shows that people fear the power of posion.

Honestly, posion is OP. At least Cobra and Scorpiogiest dont enter posioned anymore. That was a dumb thing, so glad they nerfed that.

Cani nerfs are perfect. Was incredible he wasn’t 16 cost from the get go. Massive oversight, now corrected.

Overall. Nice update.

P.S. Can somebody double check that Skeleviathan is not weak to payback revenge now? He shouldn’t be because petrify revenge is different enough IMO

1 Like

At least deeragon isn’t an overcosted titanomoth anymore although titanomoth is still better

1 Like

Btw has anyone tested the damage of poison burst?

Just test it on test ur teams lol . I’m going to try out every of my mons that got buff… specially Omega and Meta

Can explain explain how the new sleep entrance works with poison

Yeah. If a monster is poisoned, it cant be put to sleep.

Ok

My nectareon one shotted a fully awakened voidress (new meta :grin::grin::grin:)

2 Likes

That sounds old, I think what that means is sleep revenge will hit a monster not poisoned?

For the update im a bit concerned how future UC will become with sleep immune terror and cyclo among with other poison buffs that sound super threatening to a sleep lock

2 Likes

nonono.ap not die. cani aoe died.

1 Like

Great update, my only criticism is that they did not change Tezca. He still remains a benchwarmer for me. Wish he was more viable to use

Should blame those crazy whackos who suggested sleep immunity to cyclo n terror . Some people don’t think twice apparently

2 Likes

That is totally fine in my eyes.

I wonder will anyone still run cani aoe spam?