Monsters - The True Hydras!

Okay, so there was a very good response to my sea hydra idea. Everyone who commented said that they liked the idea.

So, here are my thoughts once more…Hydrablazer is one of the few 11* arkadion that are a part of the HI realm right now. However, it is much weaker than all of the others. I have talked with people who own Hydrablazer and people who have battled Hydrablazer, and we all agree that it is underwhelming and borderline useless in PvP. One popular solution was to change a move or two. This is an alternate suggestion…that involves new monsters!

Currently, there are many counterparts and collections. The starters and wyrms are great examples…then there’s Destructor+Guardiron, Coldheart+Fireheart, Vegitiger+Voltiger, Goldenhorn+Subzeratops, Snowja+Flamogun, etc…you get the idea. So, why not make a Hydra class?

Before you say that these are OP…Shadowstalker is SUPER tanky and has scapegoat. Triphoon is SUPER tanky and has FANTASTIC attack and damage AND Regenerate AND Fang Break. Plus, people will naturally put em together…but…dracobane. Hellooo? Oh, and knockback? Pfft.

Also, keep in mind that stats and damage can differ greatly. I have not set anything for stats, so that can be adjusted to balance these monsters too.

11* Hydrablazer

Hydraburst - Single target, 2000 damage, +150% for each Hydra monster in friendly team, costs 200TU

Hydraburn - AoE, 1500 damage to all, burns enemies for a total of 1000 damage over 200 TU, costs 250 TU

Chain Blaze - Two targets, splash damage to similar elements, 2250 damage, costs 200 TU

Fiery Passion - Targets all team mates, increases ATK and MAG 10% for 500TU, costs 250TU

11* Hydroserpent

Hydraburst - Single target, 2000 damage, +150% for each Hydra monster in friendly team, costs 200TU

Hydrafreeze - AoE, 1750 damage to all, slows enemies 45% for 500TU, costs 250TU

Constrict - Paralyzes one foe for 200TU, increases damage taken from enemies by 10%, costs 150TU

Tidal Wave - AoE, 2250 damage, costs 200TU

11* Hydrarock

Hydraburst - Single target, 2000 damage, +150% for each Hydra monster in friendly team, costs 200 TU

Hydrasmash - Single target, 3000 damage, recoil 15%, costs 250TU

Terror Tremor - AoE, reduces all opponents DEF and RES 10% for 500TU, costs 250TU

Hydraquake - AoE, 2750 damage, recoil 20%, costs 250 TU

11* Hydragale

Tornado - AoE, 2500 damage, costs 250TU

Hydrawind - AoE, 1250 damage, costs 100TU

Hydratwister - Single target, 3000 damage, 250TU

12* Hydrastorm  (Hydragale+Hydroserpent)

Hydraburst - AoE, 2000 damage, +100% if Magmahydra is out, costs 200TU

Hydrabeam - Single target, 4000 damage, recoil 500 damage, costs 250TU

Hurricane - AoE, 2000 damage, costs 160TU

Serpent Tempest - AoE, 1000 direct damage to targets, no stats involved, costs 250 TU

Serpent’s Will - Passive, boosts team’s health by 200. 

12* Magmahydra (Hydrablazer+Hydrarock)

Hydraburst - AoE, 2000 damage, +100%  if Hydrastorm is out, costs 200TU

Hydrabeam - Single target, 4000 damage, recoil 500 damage, costs 250TU

Meteor Storm - AoE, 2500 damage, costs 200TU

Magma Wave - AoE, 1500 damage, stuns opponents 100TU if hit by water, costs 150 TU

Serpent’s Rage - Death Revenge, opponent active team takes 1000 burn damage over 200 TU

Just curious but what exactly are its stats and moveset that makes hydrablazer useless?

Don’t remember much tbh. Haven’t faced one in a while. If I recall, its stats are fine. But I believe that its moves include a call move, a simple chain move, and a poison eat move.

…compare that to Triphoon and Shadowstalker…yeah.

Ok well I have no idea how good hydrablazer is but maybe a good idea to wait until its released as an OM so we can get a few more voices on whether its weak or not? I mean its probably once of those monsters like minoblast where you cant exactly shove it into any team comp and expect it to work. But idk, cant say much till I get one

We beta testers are better players than to say it isn’t good for a reason like that. 

It’s not a good monster. 

I suppose that warrants an explanation.

Here are its moves: 

Call Earth

Payback

Chain Fang

Poison Eat

Holyvoid

Call Earth is useless, right off the bat. Payback we already see from Stegospike. It’s not exceptionally useful. 

Chain Fang is your standard Chain attack. It does about 2k damage in chain fashion with PvP stats. Then we have Poison Eat. It’s best used with plague - poison the whole team. It does 876 damage to the whole field and +75% for poisoned enemies. So that’s not even double. 

With poison, it comes out to about the damage Shadowstalker does with its chain attack. Is it really worth the poison? Triphoon does 700-800 more than that with its AoE (sure it takes damage, but it doesn’t need poison). Gearwolf does 200-300 more than that without poison. Arkwing does ABOUT that without poison. 

Then we have Holyvoid… well, that has strategic implications for sure. But does that make it a great monster?

Well now I see why its so useless :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeppers. This makes it much more fun to use…and more useful. It’s a necessary rebalance, so…

…plus, wouldn’t a hydra-class be sweet? :smiley:

I really like the idea of the hydra class hear tib, I guess actually for the fusion of magmahydra and hydrastorm could be similar to that of dreadnought in DIB which would be 12 star in this game for sure elementless as well.

Moves could include:

Dragon Rage: AoE does 2000 damage to all opponents 250TU
Last will: same affect as in the game already
Hydra’s Fury: Targets single opponent does 3000 damage 200TU
No guard: same affect as in the game already
Hydra’s Slash: targets 2 enemies does 2500 damage 250TU

Hope you like it it might seem OP but would be cool :slight_smile:

Right, I thought of something like that but like you said, it would be OP. A fusion of two 12-stars…ehhh…We already get a 12* Omegawyrm from 4 9* dragons…What would we get from 4 11* hydras? Ya know?

Haha yeah I see your point there but I really like the idea overall though :slight_smile:

9001* monster ahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

CJT - Why thank you. n.n

Dajara - Lol. Just a tad bit OP, hmm? :stuck_out_tongue:

Pffft I’ve had worse theories.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Wow only 9 votes

This is a pretty good idea, and it will be pretty cool if it gets implemented

Aw shucks. Thankies n.n