Lineup tweaking

Heya, folks!!

I’m in need of a lineup change.
I’ve gotten to the point I feel like I don’t have the brains to power through this, so I’m hoping I could get a bit of advice from the pvp experts.

For a while I felt I had been doing pretty well, but lately it feels like I’m getting beat a lot more.

I’m currently using:
Shadowstalker
Chopperbug
Gremknight
Vortexor
Triphoon
Octoneer
Cryowyrm
Chillqueen
Gigarock
Cyberwyrm
Angelon
Goldenhorn
Omegawyrm
Halopard
Vegitiger

Available OM’s:
Terrorfish
Roidguard
Titanwyrm
Infernowyrm
Pegasion
Meowzard
Frillzeon
Megalorex

I had resorted to using the SS to scapegoat the Bug, haste Vortexor with Grem, and either banish or army depending on circumstances.
It’s a little cheap for my tastes, so I’m looking to try something different. I’ve been using it so long I’m struggling with anything new.
I’m hoping to find a spot for them as support, rather than stun.
Feeling a little like I’m underutilizing SS.
I’m also trying to find a spot for Raioh, but I don’t know what to pull, or if I should. I still feel haste, and stopping BA’s is pretty important.
Been debating whether or not to use Magma and Typhon, they seem to be taken out pretty quickly. At least Magma does. I’m sad I’m missing a few key arks like Scorp and Moss, but I’m trying to make do.

If y’all have suggestions, or even a complete overhaul, I’m willing to listen.
Really, any advice would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Yeah, although I don’t have SS, I feel that the old scapegoat chopper move did get old.
It is also not that effective after vortexor.
Most lineups will have vortexor as a starter so chances are you will be banished anyway.
The guys that won’t have it, should not pose a big threat anyway since they are likely to be new in the game without important OM arks.

I use Magma, but i’m starting to wonder its advantage now with so many water arks. I have only two fire arks though, so that’s the main reason Im still using it.

I think you should plan a way to use your SS properly, as a reinforced tank. That can ba a nightmare to kill. Place it more in the middle and have the right arks around it (like halopard or mossgolem)

Anyway, you have plenty of nice arks, just play around with it and have some fun.

Yeah a also don’t put vegitiger last. Gigarock would be much more beneficial.

Also put SS where triphoon is, u can scapegoat ur self and let Cyrowyrm do some damage.

Like crystal said, play around with it. My line up is weird but it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Or you can put SS with a support and chillqueen and haste and buff then dream hunt to your hearts desire :wink: I would suggest angelon/SS/chillqueen/chopper/cryo somewhere in the middle of your lineup

Heya, folks!!

I’m in need of a lineup change.
I’ve gotten to the point I feel like I don’t have the brains to power through this, so I’m hoping I could get a bit of advice from the pvp experts.

For a while I felt I had been doing pretty well, but lately it feels like I’m getting beat a lot more.

I’m currently using:
Shadowstalker
Chopperbug
Gremknight
Vortexor
Triphoon
Octoneer
Cryowyrm
Chillqueen
Gigarock
Cyberwyrm
Angelon
Goldenhorn
Omegawyrm
Halopard
Vegitiger

Available OM’s:
Terrorfish
Roidguard
Titanwyrm
Infernowyrm
Pegasion
Meowzard
Frillzeon
Megalorex

I had resorted to using the SS to scapegoat the Bug, haste Vortexor with Grem, and either banish or army depending on circumstances.
It’s a little cheap for my tastes, so I’m looking to try something different. I’ve been using it so long I’m struggling with anything new.
I’m hoping to find a spot for them as support, rather than stun.
Feeling a little like I’m underutilizing SS.
I’m also trying to find a spot for Raioh, but I don’t know what to pull, or if I should. I still feel haste, and stopping BA’s is pretty important.
Been debating whether or not to use Magma and Typhon, they seem to be taken out pretty quickly. At least Magma does. I’m sad I’m missing a few key arks like Scorp and Moss, but I’m trying to make do.

If y’all have suggestions, or even a complete overhaul, I’m willing to listen.
Really, any advice would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

Seems like your lineup is mostly outdated strategy.

Here’s a good lineup that you could use

Vortexor

Triphoon

Cyberwyrm (this is the starting three i have been suggesting to everyone, it virtually has no weaknesses, except for destructor)

Raioh (haste+stun gift)

Shadowstalker

Chillqueen

Cryowyrm

Octoneer

Osiriswyrm

Goldenhorn

Vegitiger

Halopard

Typhonwyrm

Gigarock

Omegawyrm

I haven’t tested this, however i think it should work. You are vulnerable to destructor in the front and back, so if you see one, kill it immediately.

Yea, I’m starting to feel the same way. Part of why I’m trying a new direction. I’ll try relocating SS. If I can’t get it far back enough for Halo’s reinforce, I’ll try Bug’s bolster. Something about the atk boost is leaning me that way. I’d like to try keeping it near Chillqueen. Thanks for the tips!

I pulled Magma and GHorn pretty soon after Cryo came out, but I threw GHorn back in for guardian and last will. It helps quite a bit when anther fire ark comes in (feudspear is pretty underrated), so I try and pair it with Giga, or Vegi. Magma seems like it struggles for me unless vengeance pays off. At least if GHorn goes, it has a nice boost.
I might try adding him back in, but he may warm the bench for a while.

Appreciated! :slight_smile:

I’ve had trouble with Giga in the back, actually.
8/10 times, my opponent has one in the back too, so it’s a little iffy to really get him going.
In the middle there, he’s got a pretty good chance of a nice run. Osiris and Scorp are usually at either end of an enemy lineup, but I occasionally hit another Vegi in the middle.
But thanks for the suggestion! I’ll give it a shot. :smiley:

Haha, yup. I completely agree.

That starting three is an excellent idea, and would probably explain why I’m seeing it everywhere. :wink:
That, and some starts against a Scorp/Giga combo kinda suck. Badly. I’ll adjust to that right now.
Any ideas where I could stick a Bug if I felt I could use bolster?

Regrettably, I don’t have Osiris. Wish I did. Scorp, too.
Any alternate suggestions?

I like where you stuck Halo. Seems the two on either side are important to the meta.
I’ll let you know how it works! Thanks!

I don’t like Gigarock at the back either. There is always another one there or vegitiger and it ends up being useless.
Seeing that people still insists in using it, I stick my Magma right back there, just before the last ark, which in my opinion is the right spot for Omega. There usually no water arks at the back so it won’t be a big problem.

From personal experience, Omega can really make the difference as the last ark. You don’t depend on anything else for it to do high damage. I can count on my fingers the number of times I lost against don penguini or even gigarock, but an Omega with a Bonus Action has beaten me so many times, even when I thought I would clearly win. It will vitually ohko most arks, so withou a BA is good, if you are lucky and get one or two, awesome.

Some people use halopard next to Omega. That’s another issue I’ve been wondering about.
Usually your halopard will be killed before it makes a move, unless your opponent is not managing TU and it comes in at the right time.
If it gets ko’d right away you just wasted an ark.

Just wanted to report back that this starting 3 was indeed an excellent suggestion. I’ve been toying with it for the past week.
It’s still relevant after Golg was released, which I wasn’t expecting.
Thanks again for the help!

I’ve been struggling with where Halo should be.
I’ve had it at the end to help with my Guard setup, I’ll occasionally send Guard back to it with Peg, but it does get killed almost everytime.

Would you think sticking it in the middle somewhere would pay of better? Maybe after a Raioh or Bug to guarentee I can get Reinforce to go? I’m less inclined to push for Offering, but Haste and Reinforce go a long, long way.

Alrighty, since I’m on the leaderboard now, I’m sharing my lineup again. :slight_smile:

Hoping to see if anyone had any recommendations. I’m still struggling with Halopard.

SS
Riaoh
Vortexor
Bug
MS
ChillQueen
Cryowyrm
Kamiwyrm
Octoneer
Cyberwyrm
Scorpionix
Golgemios
Vegitiger
Triphoon
Omegawyrm

DropDoc gave me the idea for the first 5, I’m loving the lineup.

I decided against using Garudahawk. Even though it’s an excellent Ark, it’s a bit squishy and I don’t run a wind trio.

I tried Ironheart, but with Scorp and Octo out, I need to limit the metal in my team.

I can’t for the life of me find a good home for Halopard. I really, really want to use it still. I’m debating pulling Chillqueen, but it works well with SS, slows stuff down for MS, and has Purify.

Kami is a recent addition, and I’m still trying to find a good place for it. Cryo and Octo benefit nicely from Charisma, but I wanted to try it near the end with Omega and Triphoon.
Now that I’m thinking, does Charisma still affect an Ark that was buffed by Last Will?

They do not stack, if I remember correctly.

Good to know!

Do you know how they’d interact?
Would the latest one overwrite the current? Is it based off which one is higher?

I had a similar question about Reinforce and Bolster. If you use both on something and they don’t stack, does the atk bonus of Bolster stick around?

The newer should replace the former, but I haven’t tested it.

I’m thinking that an osiriswyrm would be perfect between octo and Scorpionix and you could move cyberwyrm. Osiriswyrm would be great there because it would seamlessly link up your water and earth trio, and help with synergy. Octo uses plague, Osiris uses poison eat and can help guard. Scorp can use venom strike, Osiris uses poison eat. Both scorp and octo benefit from Osiris plus it works with earth trio.

Also, it’s been stated by several people that sapherion is bad, but i still think it will do great at the start of a lineup due to there being so many wind trios at the beginning nowadays after the garudahawk release

Triphoon at the back has to be a bad choice.
No destructor?
Because you don’t have it or don’t like it?
A well placed destructor can make a huge difference.
Minespider is also not effective as it once was.
I see you have SS, raioh, chopper and Ms just so it can maybe take out 3 arks, 4 if you’re lucky.
That doesn’t seem that great a deal.
Chilliqueen is another bad ark.
Sorry but I find that relying on moves that may or may not work is not a good choice and it is a very easy-to-kill ark.
Golgemios is a cool ark, but I think yours is bad placed. Wind arks are usually the first half of most lineups. You might want to have 3 earth arks when he is out too.
If you’re not the stasis type of guy, then your Kami is where it should be. Cryo can be lethal when there are two water arks beside it.

Somehow I still find that Magma is a must have ark.

I think the support arks are still important, but not for the old SS scapegoats chopper.

I also think that vortexor as a knock back ark is a waste. It needs the two wind arks as it can deal a lot of damage.

Yeah, the Osiriswyrm idea is good as it can give you the third earth ark you need for golgemios.

I have SS but don’t use it. With the new arks it became a lot easier to kill.

Just my opinion of course.

I would completely agree, though I’m missing Osiriswyrm. He’d be in there if I had him.
Been hoping that they rerelease either him or Moss sometime soon.

I’ve had mixed results with Saph. He’s definitly effective when there’s viable elements in the starting three, but I’m not running into the mass amounts of trios I was expecting. I’ll give him a shot, though.
I’d been debating throwing Mettallodius in there so Scorp can use Earthforce more often.

You’d be surprised how many water arks I find at the back. Or even just a Kami.
Mostly, he’s there because he hits really hard, and regenerates. When Halo was in the back, he was very hard to get rid of.
I’m definitly up for moving him, I just don’t know where. I’m hesitant to pull apart the first 5 to use a wind trio.

I do have a Destructor, but I decided against using him. Too much metal with MS and Scorp, and I had a hard time placing him. I don’t seem to have much trouble with opposing Destructors, with Octo and Scorp towards the back.
If you have any suggestions where to stick him though, I’ll listen.

More often than not, I find I’m taking out 4 or 5 important arks with the startup. Vortexor is useful to cycle through a team.
I can almost always get a Scramble and Bolster off as well, which wasn’t always the case with other teams I tried. I don’t feel I’m struggling using up a few spaces to get that all done.

Chillqueen I’m definitly not sold on. Hypnosis is great, when it works. I do use Chain Slow and Purify a whole lot more, though.
With Cryo and Octo able to slow things down, it’s less relevant. I could pull it for Destructor, Garuda, or Halopard pretty easily.

I like Stasis, but it’s not the method I feel like relying on. I use Timestrike on Cyber and Xeno on Kami more often it seems.
Stasis’ing someone out feels cheap when overdone.

I pulled Magma a long time ago, and haven’t really missed it. I wouldn’t know where to put it, either. Any thoughts?

I don’t use Vortexor for the Army atk anymore. I find way too many stun arks up front (Bug, Raioh, Etc.), or another Vortexor to forgo the Knockback.
I’d really miss that if I reallocated him to something else.

I’m sadly missing Osiris. But I do already have 3 Earth arks in there. ; ) I can move the Earth trio up where Chillqueen starts if I pull her. Golg towards the front should help, if I understood that right?

I’ve debated long and hard with what to do with SS. I’ve used it as a reinforced tank, a pace setter, but I like it the best abusing Scapegoat.
With Chillqueen, it was easy to spam Daydream and clean up with Purify, with Scapegoat on a Bug or Riaoh. It was also my first OM ark, so it holds a bit of sentiment. I’d miss that one too.

Hi Bjorhyn, were u playing about 8-9 hours ago? Maybe we met

Yes, yes I was!
And I remember our match explicitly. :wink:
It was the rather frustrating one where your Stego had at least 1 BA every single time it attacked. It easily had a baker’s dozen’s worth by the time it died.
I say that without fear of exaggeration or hyperbole. :slight_smile:
Every. Single. Time.

I’m trying not to take it too personally. :wink:

Luckyness is important

If you want the truth…
In a skill intensive environment, luck is the last thing to want as a factor.
BA’s were not the best idea.