Legend Dupes and Problems Overall

I know there are threads about this. I am just chiming in.  Very sick of getting dupes when I pay. Blizzard even corrected it in Hearthstone. This game is much much more expensive. For example, I have bought two packs, and have had 4 dupes, not counting my gems. I have opened the “pack” and often gotten nothing. The cost is extreme, and when someone pays, Pays, with money, there should be guarantees. I spent 120 bucks and did not get a new legend. That is dumb. If a gem is worth a dollar as the game makes it, you should have multiple legends not just one, honestly. This has happened since I started playing the game. If you play the game for free, or spend money, it should reward you, the reward structure of this game is punishing. I will continue to play, but if you the devs want the game to live and thrive, it is time to change your structure on the payment side. I will admit I have spent almost 600 bones on this game, I have tons of repeat legends.   I spent the money because I have it and I thought it was a good game. I never went big into the game, only did pve.  Now I am not so sure. I do not think it is a good payment structure. I think things need to change, please chime in if you feel so inclined. Anything that bothers can go here.

I know it suck to get dupe when you pay money but that can’t change. It’s that way to balance Get game. If they change that than f2p player will be at a huge disadvantage. The only advice I have for you is to spent money on monsters you really want or when it’s a lot of limited leg monsters available in a festival that you don’t have that way you have a better chance at getting a new monster

Z19. I agree with you overall. As I said I have the money to spend. The problem is the reward system, and actutally the buy system. This is a very punishing system. I play hearthstone, since 2013…BLIZZARD finally changed the system on legends, it actually hurt me, I have all cards in the game until koft…i feel as has been discussed in other threads the dupe andpayment structure needs to change amd the F2P.

I feel like this game only encourages two types of players:

1. Completely free players
  2. Huge spenders

1 - These players try their best to get all the free gems they can and save them up to use in festivals where they can get 3 packs for the 100% chance legendary or 6 packs for the new legend guaranteed. Over time they’ll slowly gather legendaries and can build their strategies around them. Careful use of gems means they can get a few of the new legendaries they really want.

2 - Buying gems on a regular basis ultimately means you won’t have trouble getting most of the normal legendaries that are always in the egg. So it’s possible to spend some money to get this, but most likely people who spend in the long run would be doing it to get the limited legendaries. To get those it costs A LOT of money. 6 packs for a guaranteed one is a huge expense and that’s pretty much what you need to do whenever there’s a brand new legendary. The most efficient way to get the limited ones are in festivals (x1.5 chance) with featured legendaries at 5x chance. But even in these if you buy 6 packs it’s little more than 2 limited legendaries on average which means to get a significant benefit from your spending you’ll need to spend a lot, consistently.

Honestly, with games like this I’m happy that the fact it needs extreme spending means free players can often be very competitive. However, it makes little sense to me why they wouldn’t encourage small spending from a larger group of players and to give those big spenders a more guaranteed and respectable benefit from spending the amount they do. I know that in practice there are many people spending simply because they enjoy the game and they don’t expect to get proper worth out of their money but for me it doesn’t look right to have the design of the game being so anti-spending.

P.S. I am very grateful to see them add a guaranteed limited legendary from the 6th pack in all different eggs. I think this is a very respectful move by the developers. I hope they continue to make small changes that work for their income, the game design and generally make it a nicer game for people to play and spend money on.

One mistake currently is the chance of dupe in 12th/18th etc. If two legends are featured in the egg and you hatch one of them in 6th, you should be guaranteed to hatch the other in 12th. Spending for 12 packs is already a lot, you would have to be very rich to take advantage of such a deal every egg. 12/18/24 packs for a dupe is not worth it.

it’s the worst feeling :joy:

That’s the thing. They can’t change the payment/ reward system. If they made it to where if you pay your guaranteed to not get dupe than anybody who p2w will have an huge advantage

That’s the thing. They can’t change the payment/ reward system. If they made it to where if you pay your guaranteed to not get dupe than anybody who p2w will have an huge advantage

I’m a small spender and I have success rolling monsters. The key is to save gem and only roll during festival. You just gotta roll during the right time. Ppl problem is they roll every chance they get when that’s the wrong way to do it unless you have a lot of money

What the hell… who has the money to spend 12th egg packs ? :joy:

Only $600

No, $320.

Save the money, during anniversary you either roll 18 packs or 0 packs.

This needs to change… income may be greater if you have more small spenders in the formula. What is gonna happen when the big spenders get tired of getting dups and nothing out from 3, 6 or more packs. It’s really expensive for getting nothing… those guys will leave sonner or later… it is better to change things so smalls spenders get something good and big spenders get greater stuff.

Also… what about those F2P who saved gems for 2 or 3 months and then roll them and get dups or no legends at all… it’s frustrating and seems not to reward those dedicated players that play event by event up to finish or doing their best.

Believe me… I’ve done both, save gems and spend and my lucky hasn’t been good at all. I feel I deserve something better as many others would feel the same.

As I said. You have to choose wisely when to roll.

Done… at the end depends on odds that sometimes doesn’t look to be really balanced…

It’s balance. Why you think they say every 3 pack or every 6 pack you guaranteed a leg monsters. So u might have to roll a lot but at least your guaranteed a new leg

No, it’s not. Because many dups I’ve gotten and I still miss a lot of legs from the general pool.

That’s impossible. Whenever there a festival there already one or two NEW LEG. SO IF they say every 6 pack you can get one of them than u gone get one.

I agree on that… but only one out from 6 packs? Not good. For the record, from last 12 packs I’ve rolled, I gotten just the 2 limited and about 10 dups… not nice. Also several packs with no legends… just epics and SE.

Dupes aren’t valuable. That’s the problem.

If they were worth something, then people wouldn’t have issues with the egg system.

Luis has a point.(please excuse misspellings and grammer working a 13 hour shift), But please allow me to digress , as consumers you spend money…theoreticaly when you feel something gives you value, you spend money or time, either is an investment.

So what we are talking about is a return on investment. So let us as a group use the nomenclature known as ROI, for the discussion in this thread.

I think Zardacil hit the nail by saying, and not Zards words, but you gain nothing from dupes. And what Luis said holds true. Let us use me as an example, because I was honest about how much I have spent. So…I am not anywhere near the largest spenders, but I spend because I believe in the game. Long and short, spenders will be alienated because they get dupes, which when the money stops, the game is dead.

Zardicil is correct on the dupe problem has to be fixed. And it will cause F2P problems down the line when they get dupes.

Please excuse my spelling and bad grammer