Is Valzaguard worth it ?

You mean because of buffs Lochi?

Yeah the ai is buffed so most attacks will do nothing detox will one shot legends in pvp but does no damage in pve

Isn’t it a bit pointless to compare him in PVP if 90% of the game is PVE related?

Not really as not every monster is good in pve
Some monsters are just not made for pve and that’s ok take a look at the auto poisons or poison in general it sucks in pve but is op in pvp

Well, they should be as long there is no permanent PVP in sight… not to mention all those people which don’t want to play PVP at all.

Making monsters for a mode that is not available is… a bit disappointing for those who hatch one of these monsters. Again… 90% useless atm.

But that’s another topic… so I get your point

I did the test on pve because I really don’t play often in pvp…

Also, monsters are typically made to take out one another, not buffed version of themselves. So using the metric of a monster’s worth against another super buffed monster isn’t exactly a good measure of whether or not a monster is usable. If all the monsters to be released were superbuffed-viable, then that would also cause a PvP dilemma where you now have oversaturation of circumstantial mons that can one shot things in PvP (much worse than “useless” mons). Meaning that you’d be guaranteed to activate at least a few of the rare requirements to setup the one shot sweeper. There would be no point in tanks. Rather I’d be interested if Valzareign is viable in the original story mode to defeat the Grandmaster league or w.e it was and the grand four, as those opponents are only slightly buffed (iirc the final night horse only had 6.5-7k atk, where the base atk is already ~5.6k) and comprise the original purpose of the game.

Power creeps are bad, and we shouldn’t be forever releasing more powerful monsters to complete post game content more easily. Instead it should be the release of more diverse game types (where IC is the shining example) that challenge players in different ways instead of just ever increasing buffs (where people want stronger monsters to complete more quickly/easily).

Could should would. Let’s speak of today and the content the game offers currently.

Valzareign is just weak in comparison to other monsters and those who have him are mostly disappointed.

He always needed too much heal support to keep him above 70%. His heal attack is pretty useless cause it makes no damage (damage = heal amount)… he regenerates maybe about 10 - 15% with it (with 150sec Cooldown / 200sec with poison). Keep in mind it removes the poison effect as well.

He can be quite useful if you’re running a sleep team - Those pesky poison gassers at the front often leave a number of the enemy monsters poisoned by the time my sleepers come in… Valz could clean that up

I remind you that purifying one enemy will cost you 160 s… {Sigh}

I thought before he was good, now that ive read enough, im quite dissapointed with him now… (double sigh…)

we can all agree… he’s trash lol hope they’ll fix him somehow