I just got slaughtered by one of the coolest teams I've come across. Care to share some of your PvP stories? (Part 2)

You wanna know why the community seems divided. I’ve even came across people that like to troll. When they know they got you beat they like to play around and not use the final hit they’ll skip and just play around and finish you with a rockoid. But I’ve always kept my composure so when I had the opportunity to play him again I trolled him with lemon and he ended up disconnecting

I rarely play PvP but when I do, I get at least one guy that BM’s me for 30 seconds at the end of a battle. It started happening a lot more since I became a mod. It’s probably some forum user/clan member that recognized me and wanted to make a “statement”.

I get that I’ve got a lot of fans now that I’m a Neo Monsters celebrity :wink:

9 Likes

Love that :joy: Be the player everyone screenshots :wink:

Piercing, some poison, repulse and knockback don’t have to be on the monster left in play. Those are to get around the overwatch which gets granted on the monsters. Tbh duel is more about the overwatch than it is the monsters being pushed out of play.

Besides, these are soft counters, not hard counters. Point is, there’s a huge number of things which work against it so the chance that your opponent has one which is the opponent left in play is quite high… high enough that it’s not as reliable to pull off as it may appear and certainly not un-counterable.

If duel didn’t bypass camouflage it would be a far worse OoO because its spin on the design opens up lots of new things that mess it up. The upgrade to bypass them is what gives it the edge to make it a slightly stronger OoO.

2 Likes

Ah I see your point on the overwatch bypass. I also don’t think Camo is the answer. But I still think think there are not enough counters. Getting around the overwatch is one thing, but Duel can be used in so many different ways. There needs to be more counters or a slight nerf. Raw Duel is probably the best option imo

But why is using it with protectors a problem? It shuts off raw bloodthirst so Scyberithe becomes unable to deal with protectors itself and we have so many counters to protectors now that there’s inherent risks about running a protector in the FL. I honestly think the best way to run duel is without a protector teammate so this doesn’t target the move with a nerf properly.

I think GT protectors make it incredibly powerful. Don and x showed that. It’s very difficult to stop Duel when it’s such high speed and there’s a protector.

Once Duel activates, you’re on the back foot. Ok you might have a soft counter, FL. A good protector generally renders the soft counters useless because they’ll be swept out before they can target the monsters they need to. Soft counters are also easily targeted by using GT effectively.

If there’s a GT protector you refuse to hit it. What do they do in that time? They get 1 kill with Scyberithe then get stuck. After the time has passed any of the soft counters work as they normally would. Using a protector means they’re severely limited in their own counters to protectors so Scyberithe is more likely to get stuck much worse if you’re running a protector yourself. Also, if it just so happens your monster left in play is a harder counter then it doesn’t matter whether a protector is there.

Duel should put the opponent on the backfoot by design but there’s plenty of problems it can run into and using it with a protector (even a GT protector) creates its own problems while making it more reliable to pull off the move in the first place. I honestly think it’s fine in every setup it gets used in. I haven’t seen anything too overpowering with it yet. I also think it’s pretty important to consider that you mainly play Scyberithe for that move. It’s flashy and looks impactful but Scyberithe after that is weaker than what we’d normally play. It’s easy to look at the flashy move and go “wow, this is strong” and ignore what it does after that or how bad it can be when duel doesn’t go well.

1 Like

Autograph Plzzz :pleading_face:
IMG_20210504_203343

2 Likes

If you don’t hit the protector then you’re just letting the time pass, which is usually the goal of duel anyway.

I think if more people had it, the community would be very vocal. I just don’t think the soft counters are enough or effective enough.

I’m not saying duel is impossible, it just needs a little more counters or a slight restriction somehow that’s not too damaging.

See that’s where we differ. I think the overwatch is the strongest and most important component. A protector allows you to pass time more reliably but at the cost of doing less when the time does pass.

This is another case where I honestly think your opinion would be different if you played with it a lot yourself.

I’ve played against it enough :sweat_smile:

Clearly not, our opinions differ :wink: :wink:

It’s all good, we just have different views on it. I hope duel doesn’t get changed unless a broken combo emerges.

I’ll give you my two cents as a big user of this strat.

Duel + GT protector is incredibly powerful indeed but opens up to new counters like true hit and assassinate.

@Killerdog is not always possible not to hit the protector, and if you do then you have to deal with your monsters going a 380 TU which will allow me to take control of the game.

Imo RAW duel can be a good thing but need to be followed by a rework of Scyberithe moveset.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

Reworked Scyberithe would be:

Same stats.
Same passives.

Moveset:

RAW Duel
Timecrush
RAW Bloodthirst or Bloodfury
Power Slash

SS: Swift death sentence

4 Likes

Hentai mythics effect #1

5 Likes

Lemon that was a joke followed by a statement saying I’m done with the debate. I’m surprised you replied with a facepalm :S

That looks much stronger to me. Swift death sentence doesn’t really exist any more, that’s what the 1TU moves used to be called so I’m assuming it’s 1TU.

I’ve seen a few Scyberithe users asking for timecrush, some quite desperately. That speaks volumes for the current limitations of Scyberithe.

It was a comedic facepalm :joy:

1 Like