I am thinking about making a documentary of Neo Monsters.

I genuinely love the concept of Neo Monsters at the time. having such a unique way of battling and the capturing mechanic definitely was better than most app games at the time.

But looking at the state it is currently just isn’t good to be honest. It sorta lost its charm as you progress further and further… which is why I wanna make a long video about the rise and fall of such an underrated game…

7 Likes

I’d say “the rises and falls” since this game’s progression has pretty much always been a rollercoaster.

If we’re talking about the game’s personality though… yeah im that case it really fell off

4 Likes

We must summon the content creators by my word now!!

4 Likes

I blame the waifus

1 Like

In particular, the hyper-focus on waifus instead of quality PvE content

3 Likes

Interview @Developer and ask him why the waifus

2 Likes

add clans,an online island with events,more pve content,improve the graphics even though the app is heavier,add a chat,analyze the diversity problem,add a monstrous skin and waifu skin obtainable in bond quest or something,give it a thumbs up some buff to monsters based on their type and not just their element (I don’t expect them to, but it would be nice and I felt the need to say it)

3 Likes

I agree with all of those except the graphics one, I think they’re perfectly fine as they are now. Also the monster/waifu skin would cost a LOT to them, that should be the last thing for them to try and do.

All the other things, though, would be perfect for the game, even if I would personally prefer of they focused on PvE first. There’s so many ways they could add variety to pre-existing events, mainly by increasing their replayability with some randomization/alternative missions.

4 Likes

Just interview killerdog and post that

2 Likes

It’s interesting to hear these takes from people about the state of the game. A few days ago I recorded my last video for my annual review of the new monsters and I went on about how I think the Devs have done an amazing job this last year. However, there are very relevant points raised here like waifu designs and a lack of new PvE content. I guess it really depends what you focus your attention on. All I’ll say is there hasn’t been a “fall” of the game. If you think there has been, that’s either your own enthusiasm which has fallen or you’re talking about particular aspects you subjectively see as less good than before (e.g. the art design shifting to waifu).

P.S. Totally up for that if anyone wants to. My perspective is obviously just one individual in the community, but I’m pretty much a walking history book about the game changes and the community over the years. I’d respond in whatever way you’d like to discuss things (letting you direct me).

5 Likes

[quote=“Killerdog, post:10, tema:37755”]
Totalmente preparado para eso si alguien quiere. Mi perspectiva es obviamente solo un individuo en la comunidad
[/cita]

It has nothing to do with the thread, but you always had the impression that you were a camouflaged moderator, I don’t know if this is the best time to ask, but is it so?

1 Like

That might be a good idea u and Sherlock together discussing about OOO , sharing tips , different setups , also about the rng part :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We have a guide we’re working on together. It will come out later this year when we get around to finishing it!

3 Likes