Having trouble with PVP?

So I’ve just thrown my hat into the PvP arena and came up with the following line-up:

• Raioh
  • Volcawolf
  • Goldenhorn
  • Frillzeon
  • Gremknight
  • Rooknight
  • Mossgolem
  • Vegitiger
  • Shisaguard
  • Shadowlance
  • Luxknight
  • Omegawyrm
  • Angelon
  • Raijin
  • Don Penguini

I’ve played two matches (in Rookie, so it’s probably very different to Expert/Master) and have been using Army Flame to start and No Guard with Rooknight and Mossgolem, followed by a Penguini showdown if required at the end.

Any thoughts on where I could improve this? I’ve got all the arks bar Minespider, Charcalynx and Astroleon.

Thx for the fast reply.

So far I played that I have a mix of durable monsters and damage dealers always coming to my hand to provide protection, heal for the damage makers. I figured it is good to start with a strong holy unit like Luxknight or Angelon at the beginning to counter the usual opening of many people with a Barricadus and other Shadow like units. I also like having Infernowyrm pretty much at the beginning because he is dealing lots of damage and Volcawolf at the end because of Vengeance. Besides of that I’m pretty flexible to the order or which monsters to keep in or not. Personally I think that my main problem is atm the Time Unit management, I try to use the attacks which make the most sense depending against which monsters I’m fighting at that moment.

Once more my Monsters with their grades:

• Infernowyrm ( B )

• Luxknight ( C )

• Barricadus ( A )

• Coldheart ( C )

• Plasmorex ( S )

• Subzeratops ( S )

• Typhonwyrm ( A )

• Mossgolem ( S )

• Nilox ( B )

• Nilomoth ( C )

• Angelon ( B )

• Raptorex ( A )

• Arkwing ( S )

• Volcawolf ( S )

• Don Penguini ( C )

Reserve:

• Goldenhorn ( C )

• Pyrowyrm ( C )

• Hydrowyrm ( E )

• Ventowyrm ( E )

• Anubis ( S )

• Thunderback ( A )

• Felimancer ( C )

• Frillzeon ( C )

• Rooknight ( C )

• Leviathan ( E )

Best regards

I’m really short on time, so I’ll give some quick tips and let Yon take care of the rest…

…like REALLY short on time, gotta run real soon.

First of all, don’t underestimate the power of low-star monsters. Stun skin monsters are very valuable in the PvP world. One suggestion could be to place a Goldenhorn and then a stun skin right before Infernowyrm+Frillzeon+Vulcawolf…so you have a tank to protect damage, stun enemies, and then no+resist (if possible) and then Army flame to KO 3…then you still have Infernowyrm to deal more damage. 

Also, I would put Angelon much closer to Don Penguini so that you have the ability to sacrifice if need be.

Also, Rooknight is weak…but he’s very useful. Try him in between Barricadus and another monster. It’s moves are pretty much built to be next to a strategic monster and a tank. I will let Yon explain in detail…but basically, Rooknight can make even a Barricadus be a strong monster. Lolol.

I’ve run a few setups with rooknight, and when Tib says he’s weak he means, don’t let him get hit or he’s a goner. =P The best setup I’ve found to get the most mileage out of him is something similar to this: 

stunner > tank > either rookknight or secondary damager > either rookknight or secondary damager(the opposite of the first)>  tank

The first thing I will note is that second tank is not in there to be no defensed… unless you are absolutely sure you can kill off enough arks to make it really worthwhile, I saw maybe 2 times where I did this so it doesn’t happen often.

I prefer stunner > tnk > secondary > rook > tank

As soon as I see the stunner will die I try and make sure that my tank and my secondary are low on TU, so when rook comes in and no defenses I can start plowing away. The second tank is to make sure that the only damage they can take is from AOE sources (so they are more likely to live))

I love rook, but you really have to make the opportunity happen for him.

Hey there!

I think it’s good you believe that the TU management is where you need the most work, it really is a pretty big part of PVP. Some people think it’s just kill everything as fast as you can, which isn’t always the case. You can get in extra attacks by manipulating the TU in several ways some examples:

Sleep, stun, skipping turns (I wont get to much into this but if you skip a turn your ARK goes behind your opponent’s next ark, this can be very powerful but also super risky if done wrong)

My tip on that is keep practicing and try to judge as best you can, you’ll get it no time units (< had too).

Onto the portion you probably were most hoping for, apart from the quick suggestions that Tib made which does seem to hit you and Ng88, Let’s see about fun stuff and rosters. You could look into the army flame option(I’ll be addressing it with Ng88s lineup below if you want to see what that looks like) Tib put up, but since he’s not in your current line up I’ll look at other options for you.

• Luxknight ( C )

• Barricadus ( A )

• Arkwing ( S )

• Plasmorex ( S ) (I might recommend gremknight in plasmo’s place, plasma is pretty easy to one shot, and grem can knockback tanks, or water element to give inferno more time to get in damage, plasma does do some solid damage, I think his utility/lifeexpecatnacy is a little lacking)

• Goldenhorn ( C ) (in)

• Infernowyrm ( B )

• Nilomoth ( C )

• Coldheart ( C ) 

• Typhonwyrm ( A )

• Mossgolem ( S )

• Subzeratops ( S )

• Volcawolf ( S )

• Angelon ( B )

• Raioh/Kentucky (?) (in)                 

• Don Penguini ( C )

Notes:

I personally have had great experience with lux and arkwing up front, beastbane is crazy good and can knock out all sorts in 1 shot, tackyon can wreck an Early omegawyrm pretty fast, lux as you mention very solid hitter against dark ARKs. And barry… well everyone knows barry, moving on. Gremknight can help ensure the stability of inferno with golden horn as I mention(water elemt would be bad for an opponent to have) and if all else fails HASTE away, and if he dies that’s ok too, one of their ARK’s will be stunned for a good bit. Nilo hould help keep inferno up a bit more, but he does do solid damage, so I’d keep that in mind as risky heal is… well risky. Cold heart with beast bane will be good if you get a shot at charco, or a vegi but I pretty much put him there n case he dies typhonwyrm will benefit from last furry. I’ve got fun tips for Moss golem I’ve mentioned plenty of places, but it was fun trying to figure him out so I’ll leave it out of here and skip straight to the end. Subzero slow is great late game especially since she can take a beating, Vulca with veng of course but the real fun starts when vulca goes down.

Showdown Don - I wont go to much into this but. Haste>ally Stun>Aoe

Below is what I subbed out, hope this helps and of course check out the following post for more detail on armyflame, rook work =D Hope you find it useful.

Reserve:

• Nilox ( B ) (out)

• Raptorex ( A ) (out)

• Pyrowyrm ( C )

• Hydrowyrm ( E )

• Ventowyrm ( E )

• Anubis ( S )

• Thunderback ( A )

• Felimancer ( C )

• Frillzeon ( C )

• Rooknight ( C )

• Leviathan ( E )

You my friend are using some very fun things =D I hope you like the recommendations, just keep in mind combo decks rely on key pieces and without them it gets a little hairy, don’t let that stop you though you’re using some of the most (in my opinion) fun stuff out there. My changes are based on you having everything except what you mention and keeping the core of your deck.

• Pegasion (aoe, if you get bonus action with ally stun on aoe again, if not knock this guy back after you aoe)
  • Raioh (ally stun)
  • Goldenhorn (aoe w/ally stun)
  • Frillzeon
  • Volcawolf  (with pegasion in the lineup Infernowyrm becomes a possibility, you can use devour 1 time to keep peg from messing with don after you knock her back, and give more life into inferno to keep your fire flowing)
  • Gremknight (love this guy)
  • Mossgolem
  • Rooknight
  • Vegitiger
  • Barricadus (with him here the potential to get more damage in with either vegi or omega gets pretty nice, this is just a great buffer before the end)
  • Luxknight (I like lux here as buffer to go after barry if vegi dies, If not kill destructor before omega comes out(doable with vegi to)
  • Omegawyrm
  • Angelon
  • Raijin
  • Don Penguini

I pretty much detailed most of my thoughts, moss+3allies+nodefense is pretty wicked, so is vegi, but I let you decide how you handle that little combo.

I hope all the suggestions help out, it nice to offer up different advice today. If ya’ll have any questions just stop in

Tib I miss you!!! LOL I know you’re busy mate.

Destructor
Arkwing
Snowja
Shisaguard
Goldenhorn
Bloodclaw
Infernowyrm
Barricadus
Minespider
Rooknight
Subzeratops
Vegitiger
Angelon
Omegawyrm
Don Penguini

I saw you recommend this team on page 3 to someone. I have been using it except I used volcawolf instead of destructor because I don’t have it but I can’t seem to win one match with this setup. Is there any changes you would make?

Hello hello =D

I know the exact team you are speaking of here was my thought on it (I don’t have destructor either) http://www.hunterislandforum.com/index.php/topic/1142-having-trouble-with-pvp/?p=18027

But if you notice, the initial team included vulcawolf but was subbed out when Tib was told the requestor was in master league. That’s when he added Destructor instead.

The team is very very fun to play but also requires you know how to deal with every enemy that pops up, and understand any death revenge effects. There are plenty of bane skills, and interesting utilities to be had.

I was running chopperbug up front and I think I subbed out inferno for grem, because I wanted the no defense from rook to be more effective. But if you are wanting to run something similar to that team n master I might suggest the following since you don’t have destructor.

Raioh
Arkwing (use the tail move if he gets stun gifted before anything else)
Snowja
Shisaguard
Goldenhorn
Bloodclaw
Gremknight
Barricadus
Minespider
Rooknight
Subzeratops
Vegitiger
Angelon
Omegawyrm
Don Penguini

Biggest thing is understanding each of the ARKs and their weaknesses (including your own)

First time I used snowja xeno attack I killed 3 arks from full health in one hit each. Next battle it was only doing like 400 which I don’t get why. I understand like if there another water one it’ll hit 0 but didn’t understand why it was slot lower than before

Yeah I’m quite new to pvp so I’m still learning a lot about it and today is first time I have used most of these arks so I don’t really no how to use them or fully understand there attacks. Maybe it’s bit to advanced for me but seems pointless not using them when there some of the strongest available

xeno will wreck fire, it will not work as well on metal(metalslash for them) or wind. And yeah make sure water isn’t around. Holy also is a little resistant to it, but they are a little resistant to everything. And just keep in mind that tanky arks are meant to be tanky even xeno take 2-3 hits sometimes. It also depends on the stars (not directly mind you) but the lower the stars the less stats. So like against an omega I think it take 2-3 hits as well but against say… rooknight/meowzard it usually will one hit.

Xeno with no defense on will do significantly more damage but isn’t worth it most the time…in my opinion

Do you think the team is good then? Like is there better teams and that’s why I can’t win or have I got a very good team just playing it wrong or maybe needs a little bit of changing?

It’s all subjective really. there is no best team but there are good matches and bad ones. It’s easier to use a team you come up with that you understand the best than using something else. That’s usually why I ask how  a person plays because if they are a brute force kind of player the most likely would not have the patience or enjoy a stunner team, which consequently would mean they may not play it as well.

Yonfire is very correct. It’s all about match-ups as well as what you do as the battle goes on. Different moves are better for certain situations, etc.

Unlike the other setups, that is actually one of the teams I’ve used in master league. I’ve gotten phenomenal win streaks with them. The usage is very, very important.

But I understand that you’re new…we all were at one point~

If the uh…what’s it called…PvP Video recording feature gets added, we will definitely be making full guides for all of these. It will likely be 50+ different strategies tested out and explained by several experienced PvPers. We’re talking videos+written descriptions and all that jazz…how to use it, what teams they are good against, etc…

I’m SOOO looking forward to it. It’ll be great. We can still do this without the videos too, but meh…it will be cooler with them…so yeah…look forward to seeing some guides posted within a month or two :slight_smile:

Can anyone help with my
Can anyone help with my PVP line up.

Anything you suggest.
Here it is in order,

Plasmorex

Subzeratops

Pyrowyrm

Gaiawyrm

Ventowyrm

Barricades

Angeleon

Typhonwyrm

Magmawyrm

Frizzeon

Georex

Arkwing

Luxknight

Omegawyrm

Don

EDIT: I now have a second Omegawyrm FYI.

Interesting setup. Just curious - why put Snowja at the beginning? And why Shisaguard after it?

Somehow I don’t have much love for Bloodclaw. I know it is meant to be a heavy hitter but I can’t see its power. And it is quite fragile.

Short on time at the moment but if Tib doesn’t jump on today I’ll make time tonight to check this out.

It’s rare currently to find a water ark upfront. Xeno blade does great damage, but after the raioh goes down you have:
Mystic bane
Beast bane
Metal slash
As solid choices
But heavy hitter attacks, the two xeno’s and tackyon.
It really is a solid setup, of course destructor would be better with dracobane.

As far as the bloodclaw there, his positioning in that spot is hoping that goldhorn dies first so that last will makes bloodclaw more beafy

You can’t have duplicates in PvP, so the second Omegawyrm won’t help ya in multiplayer.

I’ll try to stick to monsters that can be caught in the game…

Subzeratops
Chopperbug

Kentucky

Frillzeon

Magmawyrm
Barricades

Plasmorex

Gremknight

Arkwing
Luxknight
Omegawyrm

Raioh

Raijin

Angeleon
Don

It is very difficult to PvP without absolutely phenomenal monsters. However, try using that. It’s more of a strategic set up…but you need to know how to use it, lest you fail…let’s start with the end…Raioh->Don Penguini…long story short, opponent will be stunned after they kill raioh, then you flash bomb+Offering+SHowdown…boom. Or maybe they left both Omegawyrm and Raioh alive? Then you use stun gift, stun, stun, haste, no guard, terminate. What if they only leave Raioh? Still…stun gift, flash bomb, offering, showdown. Works, no?

Next…Barricadus+powerhouse+Gremknight. Self explanatory, really…I do think that there are better combos to be used, but this is all I can offer at the moment. you protect, speed, and bash. Make sure you note opponent TU…if they are all at 200, just kill the closest one so it’s 3 against 1 in your favor, because the other opposing monsters are recovering. Make sense?

I moved army flame so that you have a better chance of actually using it.

This probably won’t get you too far in Masters, as the league is filled with egg monsters, hackers, and charca+stunners. But you’ll do well otherwise. Good luck, and let us know if something doesn’t work~

Well, those fellas may be fragile…but they will be your saviors in the future.

Guardiron, Destructor, Ironheart, Scorpionix, Cruiserfish, and Gearhound are some of the best monsters in the game. If you don’t have a strong metal slash, you’ll die. n.n

Of course…I do approve of replacing one of them with an Octoneer, as his metal blade is much better than Snowja+Bloodclaw’s Metal Slash.

Ok so I changed my team around a bit the last time I posted here amd want some critque on it.

Goldenhorn S
Pegasion C
Bloodclaw B (often switch with plasmorex, astroleon, Vulcawolf, and a few others)
Chopperbug S
Arkwing S
Gremknight S
Subzeratops S (sometimes switch with barricadus)
Vegitiger B
Mossgolem S
Shadowstalker S
Minespider A
Angelon S
Luxknight S
Halopard A
Omegawyrm S

Hiya,

I’m looking for help forming a team. I have all monster that are in the regular game except for tremorback and the wolf due to not getting those starters to drop yet. I have been really unlucky with my gold eggs and have none of the egg monsters except for stego and subzerotops. I however have been really lucky and have s rank of all the current missions monsters. I don’t pvp much due to hackers and stun teams, but I wouldn’t mind getting a team ready for when the update hits. Any suggestions.

I found the Snowja + Shisaguard are extremely weak against Wind Arks. While Snowja can still use Slaughter (pretty inefficient though) and metal slash (situational), there’s nothing much Shisaguard can do. And its Mysticbane is extremely weak, takes 3 shots to take down a Nilomoth.

But Shisaguard’s Xenowind is really strong (THAT damage, for just 160 TU!) so I am trying to team it up with a strong Earth Ark. But other than Vegitiger, I can’t think of any other strong Earth hitter…

I replaced shishaguard with shadowstalker. Works well

Looks nice…personally, I’d replace the end with Omwgawyrm, Halopard, Angelon, and Don Penguini…but it’s up to you. You should also be careful with placing shadow monsters in the beginning. Lots of holys float around near the front. But he is pretty fast, and he’ll do fine n.n

Hiya! I’m sorry, but I’m really short on time. Can you please check the beginning of the thread for some non-egg-only teams? Pick ones with good responses, ofc. Lol…we plan on making a guide filled with several teams, written descriptions and explanations of strategy, and video guides on how to use them. n.n

Aye, it was placed there specifically because wind is not common in the beginning, save for stunners…and those stunners will not w there later, so…:stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, feel free to replace Shisaguard with a stronger monster. Some great OM will come out soon. n.n

But for now, Snowja is very good to have. Again, metal monsters are SO powerful. Just like dragons. So yeah…that’s why I always keep a metal slash and a dracobane. You’ll see what I mean after a few OM.

Good. Make sure you replace the monsters with better ones as time goes by. I highly doubt that man of the current monsters will eve be used after a few months. :stuck_out_tongue: