Hackers banned

Which hackers are gonna be banned ? The people with unlimited money or what ?

Mainly those who shared the same hack files I think.
Those people had unlimited money, do you refer to those who jail break the phone or timers? :slight_smile:

all hackers will be banned from PvP in the next update. Sincerely, Admin

Keyword: all.

yea ! Idk I’m confused about all that I think all hackers should be banned but how would they know !..?

They can write code that can look for hacking - or, rather, irregularities that result from hacking. It’s not exactly an easy thing to do, even through writing code. There are lots of ways around almost anything you can do to stop it. But they seem to have their methods…

One approach to finding hackers could be: if they beat Don Stun in a pvp battle, they will be declared a hacker and will be banned from pvp.

My personal opinion is that if they can stop new hackers, that should be sufficient. The current hackers do not present a serious problem to the enjoyment of the game. They are just typically an opponent with the best arks in pvp that do not know how to use them. Once hacking is stopped, they will quickly become outclassed and move on to another game.

True, in this case, timers is a more serious issue…

Hackers still have a huge amount of gold and diamonds, so if anything in the future requires those things, those hackers will be able to jump all over it. 

Hackers enjoy the hacking of the game, not the continued playing of the game. Initially, I met a lot of players with a kami that did not appear on the leaderboard. Now, I very rarely come up against them. They are not as much interested in spending the gold as the thrill in obtaining it. I agree that timers are currently a bigger problem now for the non-timers. However, they are playing within the confines of the game as currently programmed. They typically like the game and use timing to obtain a competitive advantage. When timing is eliminated, there gold reserve will be a much bigger problem. However, there is nothing that can be done about them since they in no way cheated.

Hackers likely will still play again as soon as new things come around. All? Probably not. Many probably will.

As for timing, it’s an exploit. Something can be done about it. If I made a game and players played the game in a way I didn’t intend and wouldn’t allow, then of course I would do something about it. I’d say: you got all that stuff through an exploit, and so you’re not going to have it anymore. Play my game how I intended, legitimately, then you can have it.

Within the confines of the game? Where do you draw the line? I can think of a bunch of situations that could be considered ‘within the confines of the game’ but still would be absolutely unacceptable and something would need to be done about it… (a glitch in the game that reveals account information about other players, and a player logs into their accounts and steals their stuff. That was within the confines of the game, right?)

I’m not entirely sure why a glitch like that would occur… but that was just one example.

Ashley, I agree with your opinions about egg timers except that the devs did not intend to make egg timing impossible. Anytime you have a roulette wheel with any user control over when it stops, timers will use it as a competitive advantage. The devs only created a continuing problem by putting gold as a reward in the eggs. Otherwise, when egg timing was discontinued, the playing field would quickly become level for all players.

Hacker’s thrill is in the original hacking and then spreading the knowledge to non hackers. The problem is always the spreaded knowledge to players that are more interested in playing the game instead of hacking it. If hacking is not immediately dealt with, the long term stability of the game is severely compromised. This is where the devs were severely negligent in not immediately trying to curtail the hacking with an immediate update. I sincerely hope they can identify players that used hacking but I feel that will only have limited success.

I have enjoyed DIB and HI. If they don’t solve the hacking problem, I will probably still enjoy their next game.

Hey Ash,I’m just curious, can you suggest a possible solution to deal with reserved gold from timers?
Since there are players spend a lot of real money to obtain them and also players are really luck that won 5000 many times…

Ashley, I agree with your opinions about egg timers except that the devs did not intend to make egg timing impossible. Anytime you have a roulette wheel with any user control over when it stops, timers will use it as a competitive advantage. The devs only created a continuing problem by putting gold as a reward in the eggs. Otherwise, when egg timing was discontinued, the playing field would quickly become level for all players.

Given that they COULD have (and believe me, I would have) completely randomized the wheel and only did spinning for visual aesthetics, this is a somewhat valid point. I’ve spoken many times in the past against that 5,000 gold in there… 

However, even though they may not have intend to make it impossible, they surely didn’t intend for it to be easy enough to where you can consistently get 5,000 gold over and over again. That’s why I’ll still call it an exploit, as it is unintended behavior. I’m quite convinced the developers did not want players being able to time the eggs at all… because if they can, then 5,000 gold can be obtained repeatedly as a consequence of that. 

Hey Ash,I’m just curious, can you suggest a possible solution to deal with reserved gold from timers? 

Since there are players spend a lot of real money to obtain them and also players are really luck that won 5000 many times…

Won 5,000 gold many times from luck? Well, maybe a few times. I’d say just figure out a specific upper limit and if anyone has more than that, bring it down to the limit. Not sure how well actual purchases of IAPs is known through code… I haven’t worked much in that area yet.

Jasnology, the only solution that I see is to terminate the gold standard in favor of the platinum standard. After the update, eggs will can only be bought with platinum. The cost of platinum with gold would be like 1000 good coins for every platinum coin. Egg timers with accumulated gold would be advised to spend it before the update. Timers with 50 minespiders would not affect players as much as getting the new arks released after the update.

I thought about something similar to that, but with the problem of ‘extreme’ timers, they either have like 30 frizion or 500 million gold… In case of OM or buying power, they still withstand huge advantage even if the update get released…

Jasnology, in that case, the only solution I see is to ask the hackers to destroy the timers. They might like the challenge. :slight_smile:

1 Like