Guide for New Players to UC

Hi guys, I’ve been playing for about 3 months now, and am really enjoying this game (currently rank 75). Have spent probably $200 on the game for 5 legendaries. One event which I find really great and that I really enjoy is the UC, however I find that without the sleep legendaries/geartyrant/emeraldeus, it is extremely tough to advance past between level 80-100.

My current team consists of puff, rhyno, twin knockback and octoboss on the frontline, followed by stunners, then four 400s megabombs, so if all goes well, I get all four going off, with se protector coming in next to absorb stun, purify etc… then I follow with other mons, won’t go into more detail because I’m not trying to specifically get help for my team, otherwise I would go to rate/build my team thread. Bottom line is, even when all this works as intended, which is pretty rare, I can never get past between level 80-100.

I have been a regular reader on this board,monitoring threads to try and improve my knowledge of the game and improve my teams for all events in game, hence the set up of my current team. I have tried other strategies, including using twin death sentence monsters etc., however I never seem to be able to get these monsters set up as they are killed so quickly. I have obviously read Hidan’s beginners guide, however the strategies mentioned there mainly revolve around the before mentioned legendaries or a last biter, which does nothing for a large number of players.

Basically, I was hoping that a more experienced player then me would be able to put together a guide of sorts for strategies which can be implemented without using the before mentioned legendaries. I know it’s asking for a lot, and realistically, such a guide may still only be able to get players like me to say lvl 120, or even 150 if I am extremely lucky, however getting an insight into the thought process behind the creation of effective UC teams would allow players like me to then go from there and tweak as we add more monsters, and then begin to come up with our strategies using new monsters and incorporating additional legendaries as we acquire them. I know I’m asking for a lot as such a guide would require someone’s time, however it would be awesome to just get a helping hand and platform from which players like myself can build.

Cheers for reading, feel free to lock/delete this thread if it’s a wasted post or whatever, but just thought I’d put my thoughts out there.

Can you post your team?

I’ve done bomb setups before, found that there’s two major flaws-
1- hold ground guys need at least two bombs to kill
2- death revenge.

Hey fireblake, is this for your viewing or to assist me with my team. Happy to post it either way, but I just do not want to be seen as making this thread purely for my own gain, wanted it to serve as a request to an experienced player to maybe put something together for us UC players that are finding our feet. Anyway, will post my team in the next message, but just wanted to make sure that if you are offering feedback, that while I will be stoked by your input and take any and all help on board, I didn’t make this post to serve only my own purposes.
Here you go fireblake. Nothing special by any means that is for sure, but it is my best effort to date hahaha.

Exactly the issues I have encountered, but all other strategies I try seem to be flawed too. Still love the difficulty of the UC though, really makes you think, and even though I’m not very good at the moment, hopefully I can improve in future iterations of the event.

Hey fireblake, is this for your viewing or to assist me with my team. Happy to post it either way, but I just do not want to be seen as making this thread purely for my own gain, wanted it to serve as a request to an experienced player to maybe put something together for us players that are finding our feet. Anyway, will post my team in the next message, but just wanted to make sure that if you are offering feedback, that while I will be stoked by your input and take any and all help on board, I didn’t make this post to serve only my own purposes.
Here you go fireblake. Nothing special by any means that is for sure, but it is my best effort to date hahaha.

Exactly the issues I have encountered, but all other strategies I try seem to be flawed too. Still love the difficulty of the UC though, really makes you think, and even though I’m not very good at the moment, hopefully I can improve in future iterations of the event.

I made that setup before its better you put the 2 bombers in front-1on1 guy-and a sleep bomb protector-and stun absorber protector in 5th slot… put the death roulette in mid…
And pray that you wont encounter robin and a twin killer :smile:

Thank you, appreciate the help. Should I be getting rid of the stunners then and running with something different, seeing as if I am going sleep bombs/one-on-one, it may not be necessary?

And yeah twin killers were the main reason I stopped utilising my twin death sentencer’s/one-on-one.

Use the twin death sentence monster.it can easily eliminate to powerful buffed monsters.Also they are the only SE monsters that have bloodthirst.stun the enemy monsters(make sure there are no stun absorbers)and give the death sentence.my midgame strategy is also death sentence.a also there should be a protector in the field.

Keep the stun bombers. Much better if you have Last biter or DD’S…
Just post your team on Help me build my team topic… there are too many nice guys here who are wiling to help…
Sorry for not much of help…
I still lack of strategy :smile:
Good Luck and enjoy the great game

Set up stun or sleep into the TDS so you can death sentence. Then use sleep or stun (whichever you didn’t use) when their Tu gets low so your bloodthirsters can keep sweeping. You want a stealthing protector for them to come in Midgame so AoEs don’t wipe them out.

The way I made it up to 600 was a FL of death revenge leading into knockback/unwanted friend into stun/sleep bombs into deathmark/sleep lock with a SE protector. The main thing with higher levels is that you dont want to lead with the monsters you plan to sweep with. Let the AI use their moves to wipe out/knock back death revenge and other monsters, potentially taking out any stun absorbers, then either stun bombing or sleep bombing into your main monsters. there are probably a lot of ways to climb fairly high, but this is the method i found easiest. a lot of luck is involved too, death revenge hitting the right monsters, not having a robin or twinkiller, bane dragon is annoying if youre relying on sleep methods, there are a lot of things that go into it, its basically trial and error, find out what works and what doesnt. 

Hey guys, as much as I appreciate all the help, and definitely plan to take it all on board, I think everyone is missing the point of my post. Please don’t take this as me not appreciating the help, I really do, but I only mentioned part of my team in a bid to show everyone that myself and other players around the world like me, have put in the effort to construct a good team for UC, but just lack the knowledge of how to really fully utilise our monsters. As such, I was requesting help (not demanding as I know that what I am asking is a lot) from an experienced player to write a general guide of sorts for different strategies which could be used by us mostly inexperienced players who do not have access to the legendaries which can take players past the gatekeepers etc.

I am not asking everything to be handed to us on a silver platter, as all the experienced players would have had to learn these techniques for themselves, but just some fundamental techniques and a platform that we can build from and begin to devise our own effective strategies.

Anyway guys, thanks again to everyone who has posted with suggestions, I will be taking them all on board.

The issue here is Jake does not have those monsters you described. He is looking for strategies to run with what he currently has available. Thus, explaining to him how to use Emeraldeus isn’t useful, despite your good intentions.

I will stand by my word that without any legends, the only other way to reliably get from 101->201 is through use of last biter, Twin Death Sentencers and Robinator and Kamiwyrm for you. Bloodcravers, provided you have enough healing and protection, will still only get you to 121 due to the extreme recoil damage, despite being able to oneshot earlier and for longer than bloodthirst. That was what I used to climb to 201 the first time before I got Rexo (which is still my only UC sweeper).

agree!

There is one more way to hit level 200 which i did it without using any death sentence, last biters, sleep team …etc…The core members that clear lvl 200 were actually epic and super epic class of monsters…Believe u just got to figure out a way how to do it, tough time call for tough measures…there are simply more than a way to skin a cat…After level 200, it is not possible to do it anymore without the key monsters at least for me…><"

PS : I figure it out by reading one of RoA Aznvasions previous post and reckon why not swap certain legendary monsters in with a couple of epics and supe epics to carry out the deed…and it works…so in a way have to say thank you to RoA Aznvasions for unknowingly help me reach lvl 200 first time in UC…><"