General Game Talk

Talk about anything related to Hunter Island! 

Just sayin’ guys, Sanders is a lot more useful than you make it out to be.

Oh, and watch for Sir Hugsalot, will you? He just wants a hug, but no one gives him one because he’s too big! :frowning:

So, I have a Yetigo and the only move it knows is crazy slam, which attacks monsters in my own party also. Got him level 3 now he is 14 and hasn’t learned a new move! I’d like to be able to use him without killing off my entire team! :stuck_out_tongue:

Monsters only learn new moves when they evolve.

Oh really?? So if you get a monster fully evolved from a golden egg then that’s it? Interesting. Bye bye Yetigo haha

Yep.  I never once used a Yetigo.  Killed a lot of them, but never used one.

Watch out for some of the ones that have Berserk in their moves

It means you can’t control them

Yetigo isn’t very good in my opinion. If you would use a berserk arkadion, use Skullrex (if you get one, that is, as they can be painfully hard to catch) but put your weak arkadions in the back. Skullrex is powerful, but it has devour which kills the last arkadion in your line up and uses it to heal itself.

If it doesn’t strike your fancy, still keep it though. It’s used in a very good recipe (nudge nudge).

I wish the monsters that are randomly summoned when some arkadions sacrifice themselves (eg Gargol) could be caught. I’ve seen three epic things come out of Gargol but could only kill them :frowning:

Other  than that, this is AMAZING!!!

Oh, and is it true that the four starters and four baby dragons all spawn in the wild?

Yes but that you will have to wait for :stuck_out_tongue:

I seem to be having trouble in the tunnels of takran. Cant get throught the other end just seem to be going up an down from level 2 and 3. Any helpers??

Are you taking the opposite stairs from where you came in?

It’s done like that on purpose

So you come in on one end, going from floor 1, floor 2, etc until you get to floor 4.

Then you head to the other side and go down floor 3, floor 2, etc.

It’s like taking an elevator from one side then walking to the other side but the floor numbers are the same.

Ah i see. Just lackin a bit if brain power lol

Ok, sorry to pick out the negatives but some bosses have WAY too many extra actions. I get it, they’re bosses but come on. 6 actions in a row is enough to wipe out several of my team. It’s not something you can fully prepare for either, just pray for the infinitely small chance that you only get ‘hit’ twice.

For me it ruins, what is, a really good game; when bosses become a race against time and luck rather than a tactical challenge

^ Indeed, 6 bonus actions in a row while spamming high damage AoE attacks ( mostly 250TU attacks )could wipe out a big part of your team. And it’s very frustrating. Plus somehow it seems that certain enemies has a big chance of unleashing BAs. For instance, gaiawyrm.

The higher the rank the monster has, the more likely the B.A. Chance is, however you should not be getting more than 4 in a row, it is capped.

There are a few monsters that can help you out in that particular situation.  Up to you to find out which ones they are…

Ok, sorry to pick out the negatives but some bosses have WAY too many extra actions. I get it, they’re bosses but come on. 6 actions in a row is enough to wipe out several of my team. It’s not something you can fully prepare for either, just pray for the infinitely small chance that you only get ‘hit’ twice.

For me it ruins, what is, a really good game; when bosses become a race against time and luck rather than a tactical challenge

As Jemnidad said above, some monsters have abilities that can help negate this advantage. It really is all about strategy :slight_smile:

If you’re referring to a void or guardian ability, they don’t work when a boss goes first. Which is also a good percentage of the time despite having a speed boost ocarina and fast monsters

Imo bosses aren’t balanced. SOME pleasantly are (First Ones battles seemingly don’t have this ‘hit you with this AOE ability as many times as I like’ A.I)

If you’re referring to a void or guardian ability, they don’t work when a boss goes first. Which is also a good percentage of the time despite having a speed boost ocarina and fast monsters

No. I’m referring to abilities that cut the bonus action chains off and let you get a turn.