Fan Art

Thank you Kookaburra, that means a lot! :slight_smile:

Thank you man!  That means a lot!

A08BfTYBTwN_7818533.jpg

It was supposed to be raptorex. I did it by memory (I was at school) so I unfortunately drew the incorrect shape for the head and forgot to include belly plates. 

And yes, I edited it a little to look prettier. I don’t have a scanner anymore, and the iPod I use has a terrible camera. :>

Constructive criticism, please?

1 Like

It looks awesome : O

Thank you, Mr.Kat. ‘7’

Dude! THAT IS AMAZING!

Thanks, PREDleader! ^v^

Do you guys think the head is kind of… say, not proportional to the body?  And the left arm kind of looks stiff.

I do wish people would post more art. I absolutely adore looking at other peoples’ art and styles. 

The head does need to be a bit bigger but that isn’t a big deal, and the left arm looks fine to me.

Hm…

Well, alright. Thanks for your input, I’ll try to watch the head size next time.

Say, what kind of drawing do you guys like? Traditional or digital? And do you prefer a tablet/mouse/trackpad/finger/etc (if you prefer digital) or pencil/pen/paint/etc (if you prefer traditional)?

I prefer digital, I have a tablet that I use to draw.  However normally for digital art you draw what you want on paper first then scan it.

Ah, really? I didn’t know that. When I do digital art, I usually just draw the entire thing with a mouse. Or my finger. Unfortunately I don’t have a tablet, I don’t even know how to use one.

I really love drawing in pen, as you can see. I surprisingly make less mistakes, but when I do, it’s frustrating because you might have to restart the entire picture. 

Yeah, normally I do just draw stuff straight from the computer, however recently I started drawing out my stuff on paper and then coloring it on the computer.

So I’m doing a fan art based on Skullrex.  Not yet done, just wanted your guy’s opinion on this.

Really, I couldn’t really find much fault. Your shading and lines are quite crisp and clean – amazing. Maybe a little, little, little bit shaky on the line, but still great. Shaky lines, in my opinion, aren’t too big of a problem.

Also, the lines along the mouth are for the teeth, right? Teeth are slightly round, I think, so maybe the lines can curve a little? Well, just a little of uncertain advice. The chin, however, looks more suitable for plasmorex. If you examine the original picture, skullrex has a more, well, slender chin.

Overall, great, great, great. I keep going back to stare at the shading haha. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the actual picture, in my opinion. After all, it’s fan art, not some replica of the actual thing. We all have different styles, and I love yours.

Well thank you for spotting the chin and the teeth, I didn’t notice it! :smiley:

No problem, man. I’m looking forward to the finished masterpiece. ;>

I do my best work with pencil. I don’t even have a computer ATM. The only thing I an use is my iPhone and my stuff won’t be edited digitally. Ill try to post something when I can get the game but it normally takes me a long to get the drawing right.

Ah, I see. I’m looking forward to seeing one of your drawings, Disortri c:

I couldn’t sleep last night and saw this monster in a photo. Some of the detail work sucks because I had terrible lighting.

whalesprite_zps32c2e53e.png heres a little rockfin sprite i made