Do you like this special rule?

• Hell Yeah
  • Absolutely not

0 voters

And why?

definetly better than no rule at all, at least I had to pick some old dusty mons from bench

1 Like

I personally like this special rule but from an unbiased standpoint, I think this rule is garbage.

Special rules should inspire creativity and create a different meta like when stun was banned. All this rule does is arbitrarily limit teambuilding.

I enjoy this special rule is because all I had to do was spend 30 seconds replacing musashoid and tridakhan with houdinoid and nightlord respectively. My special rule team functions almost exactly the same as it did during ranked so I have an edge against the ppl who actually had to do something to get around the restrictions.

1 Like

Yeah. We already have a teambuilding restriction (which I endorse but it’s not the point), a special rule should instead spice things up.

Further restricting teams will obviously make new strats appear, but the process is tedious and can be frustrating to those who don’t have the right monsters.

The ideal rule should be something like a field effect in Whale’s Treasure (obviously not to that extent, but the concept is the same).

It should be funky stuff, like giving Tholid to all monsters of a certain type, halving the HP of all monsters, countdown battles (after a certain amount of turns the battle automatically ends), etc. etc…

I like the look of it on paper, but not so much what it actually does to team building. Like others have said, it doesn’t promote any particular theme enough and just creates some awkward complications in picking monsters for some of your slots. I can imagine for players with smaller collections it feels especially awkward.

Overall, I’d say it’s fine but mediocre.

4 Likes

I can’t use my link fire team because i dont have enoughh good water monsters, and without my LF i am nothing😭

2 Likes

This just about sums it up for me.

I mean you guys get to pick old dusty mons waiting there to be used but me and some other guys don’t even have rusty mons, I had to sacrifice a lot of my monsters to keep up with the rule.

I actually made a thread about this

Most of my potted monsters are green n I have like 2 usable fire monsters . I don’t like the rule but it’s fun to win with my awkward team .