Devs, why encourage luck?

I’ll write it again. Dear devs, why encourage luck (in a strategic game i would add)? I’m not talking about eggs, dupes or what else (let’s say this is a separate discussion). I’m talking about gameplay. I’m talking about, lucky death roulettes, lucky death revenge, lucky sleepy entrance, lucky sleep all (iper lucky Soulstealer sleep all) and lucky sleep in general (If i forgot something, please tell me).

Death revenge => If it is a REVENGE why it should kill one of 4 monsters, and not the monster that killed? That reasoning should work for sleep revenge too. Not for poison revenge because poison revenge doesn’t kill or took a monster off the game for 300 secs. That would prevent to run those lovely death revenge team too. I’m telling you that if you desperate all 4 death revenge, death revenge should hit 4 times Nightrider. If that happens do you think someone will run a full death revenge team?

Death roulette => I don’t get why this move should exist. It just encourages luck in a system that doesn’t need luck to exist. I’ll say here that a “range of damage” it’s necessary (have always same damage, and same matches would be boring, but that is the only “lucky” parameter this game needs) but a cheap kill without risk no (yes, no risk, cause you use death roulette when you haven’t nothing to lose, you don’t use it when you have the lead and the control of the match. Never seen someone who stun/sleep locked using death roulette). I made a strategy, i’m about to win and i should lose for a lucky death roulette? Yes, sometime that happens atm

Sleep => I’ll talk of sleep in general. I know that you devs will never change it. I know that run sleep teams is difficult and you have to be a very good player to run it, sleep lock and keep the sleep lock. I know that a bane can wreck the strategy. Someone told me about sleep that “you can use it, but you don’t have to rely on it”. atm it isn’t that way. With Ss in FL and decent setted goldtail and Meta you can sleep lock to heaven all the players that doesn’t have a bane. But that isn’t what i wanted to say. What i don’t like it’s again “luck factor”. I know you devs need to build a different strategies but why build a luck based one? I’m not talking about Meta and Goldtail (they are pretty much certainties). If you run them decently you know what you are doing. I’m talking about sleep all and the worst thing: sleepy entrance, the totally luck based part of sleep. Well to be honest i don’t really know how you devs could have build a totally non-luck based sleep strat.

Btw we have a certain balance in pvp. But with time you could work on minimize (range of damage apart) luck factor in pvp. Death roulette should get priority. What i would love is a gameplay based totally on strategy with that little luck factor required to make it funny and unpredictable at 100%. That would make people work more on their teams and we would have more fun playing the game.

All strategy games have a element of luck in them

Sleep could be made into non-luck based with a few easy examples:

Sleep grenade (sacrifice last monster)

Sleep mortar (load mortar, let one sleep)

Sleep confident ‘strike’ (if monster has -> 80% HP sleep will succeed)

Sleep ‘whisper’ (if monster is stealthed, sleep will succeed)

And many more to think of. 

But that won’t happen. That would involve WAY too much work.

Yeah but all the games have skill like death roulette too? Or a move that if you are really lucky could totally wreck you?

Death roulette is just annoying I lost a match during the last pvp only because it hit the right monster every time. The opponent was a terrible player ( full DR team) and never should have win.

Death rulette is at your own risk, remember you are also risking your monsters.
Sleep as jack has said many times is hard to set up.
But i totally agree on death revenge

I totaly agree with sleep and death revenge, but I think death revenge should be some sort of attack,so it can be protected.
I mean imagine monster No x attacks No z and kills him,in revenge,now No x should removed,but if there was protecting monster on the battle field,this monster should removed,I think in this way,it should be better to plan a attack.
Srash

Wouldn’t that defeat the purpose of nebel/Cosmo clones? If four get hit by and Aoe attack then they would hit the same monster. That would nerf them even more, which is something they don’t need at the moment. Furthermore, some UC teams rely on the DR randomness to work. If anything add a max # of DR clause to Pvp.

I would love for a monster to have a skill along the lines of “death revenge protection teammate” where you could give yourself / teammates protection.

I like the idea of death revenge hitting the monster that killed it but I also think If there is a protector on the field that it should hit that. You know a protector doing its job and protecting other monsters, protectors block roulette so they should block revenge

I replied to this statement in the first message.

" I’ll say here that a “range of damage” it’s necessary (have always same damage, and same matches would be boring, but that is the only “lucky” parameter this game needs) but a cheap kill without risk no (yes, no risk, cause you use death roulette when you haven’t nothing to lose, you don’t use it when you have the lead and the control of the match. Never seen someone who stun/sleep locked using death roulette)."

I think that nebel/cosmo should be totally reworked. Death revenge shouldn’t be a strat imho.

Totally right. Btw the protector should use protect teammates first

The problem is that making sleep a certain thing would make it too strong. That’s why i said i that i don’t know how to change it. But i think that something should be done for sleepy entrances cause it’s all about luck. Don’t like this.

Yeah if protector hasn’t used protect teammates then that shouldn’t block it. If they have then protector should 100% block it. Aegis should 100% block it and all the other auto protects should have the same rate to block it as they do to block an attack

Well there are some cases in which you are right, but some times you are forced to do it on FL with zib for example, in that case you will be risking your own monsters.
Dont know what else to say, what do you suggest insted of removing it?

should make it so passives don’t activate by teammates only if killed by an enemy