Cheap retribution trick

I’m sure this would’ve been brought up in the past and I have no idea why it wouldn’t be fixed. When an opponent backstabs or canabilizes a monster it absolutely should not trigger the retribution skill of another monster on the opponent team. It’s a cheap trick that shouldn’t even be possible, I can’t see where the logic to justify it even comes from. How can you seek retribution for killing you’re own monsters ? Please change it Devs.

Already said that a few month ago, devs didnt Change anything

its like, oh i kill my Friend and then i retribute him :thinking::thinking: Not locigal at all

2 Likes

Retribution is fair. Your opponent has to kill their monsters to use it. Which is fair. It’s a trade off. Plus your opponent is helping u by killing their own team.

2 Likes

Think only 1 mon should get To use retribution though

Each retribution = 1 of your own monsters dead in one way or another

Building on what @Yakuza said, retribution doesn’t one shot everything (not even taking into account monsters with hg, shield entrance, etc). You often end up in a situation where you lost a monster and didn’t kill something in return with retribution.

Id say it’s overall balanced

3 Likes

I can see your point, mainly because of the meaning of the word “retribution”. But you can call it whatever you like, as a mechanic in the game - its very balanced (Especially after the DR nerf, as now its a fair tradeoff)

You can backstab token monsters or dead weight and allow stunners or sleepers to enter and heal you’re team with canabilize and set off revenge stuns. On top of that you can charge any retribution and with what I’ve experienced in pvp they are 1 shot kills especially with jagaurdian and demon fox (forgot his name) with their double retribution. Only monsters with really high defence/health survive. It is not fair in any measure the only reason you would support it is because you use the tactic. If they nerfed the death revenge backstab combo I don’t see why this is allowed. Alot of people rely on this cheap trick to have a good Fl changing forces them to come up with better tactics. I’m not upset about this but to me it’s just a cheap way to start sweeping.

1 Like

DR backstab combo could give you 3 kills in 2 moves and potentially charge 2 sweeperd. DR killed, double retribution got 2 kills, and usually the backstabber and the double retribution charged blood moves. 6 enemy monsters could be gone in 4 moves at the cost of 1 monster.

Now that DR is nerfed it’s much more balanced

1 Like

Yeah, this is when it was actually a bit too strong. There was no negative about killing off your monster, you still got a trade out of it. Now it’s balanced nicely.

1 Like

What actually needs to be fixed is monsters dying from poison tick at different moment after being 1 shot so a retribution monster enters with retribution active.

2 Likes

How is this different, it’s only one kill less ? Also you can get retribution charged by killing a 1 cost monster (Like the new Rockoids with hold ground) and allows you to kill 1-2 monsters off the bat. So I don’t see how the trade off makes it balance when sacrificing a 1 cost monster allows you to kill 1-2 13 cost monsters. There’s a good amount of players that abuse this especially combined with Angelion.

Because before it wasn’t a true loss on your team.

In this setup you are basically playing with 15 monsters which puts you at a disadvantage.

Before you could have Talk shield the sweeper, accelerate the team, and then get a kill via DR. That’s a huge value from one monster.

Then setting up retribution.

Now it’s just a sacrifice move and trading 1 for 2. And retribution doesn’t go thru hold ground and I find usually only gets me 1 kill unless the enemy is full assault.

15 monsters and retribution doesn’t have 70-100TU so the monsters get left open even if they do sweep your FL.

Also this. Jag is basically removed from the field after he double retributions.

1 Like

Don’t be scared to kill zib and fox because of their revenges and you’ll be good :+1:

I run a retribution FL when I’m playing meta and I can typically beat out other retribution FLs when I prioritize killing their Zibs and Fox’s

1 Like

What this basically breaks down into is in theory your sacrificing a monster of equal value to kill a monster of equal value that would be what is considered balanced. In practice you sacrifice a low cost or stun/sleep revenge monster and get two kills out of it ( 1=2 exceptions hold ground/Shield ) while charging the backstabber and the retributioner which is by definition unbalanced. You have more room to unlock SS with the 1 cost monster. Retributions can still be protected so their not necessarily left open. I would like to clarify that I just see this as a cheap way to sweep it’s not hard to counter. I just don’t like the fact that it’s possible as it isn’t logical considering the move is called retribution.

I don’t find it difficult to deal with or counter. I’ve defeated many people using this tactic easily. It just doesn’t seem sit right with me. It won’t upset me or anything if its left as is, it’s just in my opinion it should be changed so the move sounds logical.

1 Like

I have similar feelings about Gyomurai + Mechaviathan + protector. It basically says “Choose not to kill anything and I’ll kill off your most important monsters. Choose to kill something and I’ll take out the front section of your team”. This PvP the protector of choice for some has become Diamonoid with auto-protect plus and only 1 cost -_-

2 Likes

But killing won’t win battles. Control will.

1 Like

I feel you’re frustration lol, I made a team that counters it hard though so it doesn’t bother me much. Diamond rockoid is a pain in the ■■■ though.

1 Like