'Random' moves

Not gonna lie, a lot of random moves seem far from random. Have you ever noticed how any time death revenge occurs and emerald is on the field he is always the first to go? I kid you not he was hit with 2 DRs in the same battle, 1st time he had a shield. Neither were payback either. Is there a weird algorithm that determines certain monsters are more likely to suffer or it it just really bad luck for Emmy?

2 Likes

I have seen that with delugazar. If he is on the field he get hit by sleep or death revenge probaly like 9/10 times. I am still pretty sure the ai choose what enemy to hit with it.

It’s probs due to the powerful nature of the mons

Sweepers get hit first like 90% of the time. If it’s a charged sweeper you bet your bottom its going down. HG monsters almost never catch it. Unless you’re using it against the AI. In which case multiple DR will hit the same HG monster.

1 Like

Death Revenge typically does not hit the monster I would ideally want it to. I know more about this topic than anyone else, please don’t attempt to argue

The one that pisses me off is when AI kami or rexo use sudden death and I have aegis on the field, it has never not hit me. The way it’s meant to work as far as I’m aware is IF it hits my team then aegis will 100% block it but it should still be 50/50 if it hits my team but aegis has never not been hit by it

Thats certainly a bug

@NMEGaryOak Gary the gambler :joy:

Well at least I’m not insane then. Everyone gets this crap

If they just made it so that protect movies and passives protected against DR they wouldn’t have had to nerf DR.

Or it could be conformational bias.

No way to tell until someone does a statistical analysis.

I’ve done one by playing the game. 100% of the time it hits emerald or chronox

Chronox or Warca.

I actually did statistical analysis on some of these random moves. There are definitely some hidden factors at play which influence the targeting. I’ve always wondered whether they’re intentional or bugs due to the way the targeting works mechanically.

One thing I can comfortably reproduce is stuff to do with OoO leaving stun absorb / stun immune monsters awake. It especially does this if the stun absorber has been stunned. I first noticed this when using Galliodragon (96% speed stun flash) and Stratustrike (82% speed OoO). If the opponent had a SE protector stun absorber then a lot of the time it would be the monster that is left awake. Similarly, common FL monsters which were left awake were TTs, Bitterbeast and TKs. If you use a OoO front line I’m sure you’ll notice it happening to you too!

I deleted my analysis and can’t remember stuff about death revenge. However, I remember that too would target specific things in your/their team… like if more than one DR gets triggered then there’s a higher chance of them hitting the same target than you’d expect. I think that camouflage monsters might be hit by them more too. It seems like OoO likes to keep stun defence monsters awake and DR likes to kill camouflage monsters lol no clue why but it’s probably advantageous for users of those things.

1 Like

Thanks KD. If they were gonna keep this game alive longer it would probably be worth the effort to get the numbers. But your comment lends credence to the theory that OOO leaves purifiers alive since SE stun absorbers are usually purifiers.

Purifiers… kinda. Like I said it seems to be to do with stun passives. Stun absorb, stun immune and stun counter… they all like to stay awake. So when those monsters have something like purify too, that’s when you’re in trouble.

Well that makes sense. I’ll corroborate that. And unfortunately those absorbers come with purify. A good 1-1 ruined.

No, a statistical analysis is where you do the same thing a couple thousand times. Let’s see your set of 10000 Datapoints saying what exactly got hit every time. “Playing the game” and noting what gets hit is not a statistical analysis in any sense of the word.

Dude it was a joke…

Actually it is. Stats are stats and if you’re pulling data from them then it’s an analysis.

It might not be an accurate one if the pool is small, but it’s still analysis

2 Likes