Devs death roulette isn't descripted right

It says it instantly kills one random monsters but it doesn’t go through shields and monsters with hold ground will stay with 1 hp.

The most interesting thing is it negates revenge :heart_eyes:

It should say deals lethal damage not instantly kills

There’s huge inconsistency with this across the monsters…

Atlantyrant’s Epidemic says “deals lethal damage” when it instantly kills them. Maggatoid similarly says “deal lethal damage”, when in fact it instantly kills them.

Then we have monsters like Vigziarid with Transient Bash that says “deals lethal damage” and it’s not even a guaranteed one-shot, it’s just very high damage.

Twighoul’s Guardian Execute says “immediately kills the target” when in fact it does very high piercing damage. I remember in UC it deals ~45k damage so when protectors have more HP then it doesn’t kill them and Twighoul doesn’t get another turn immediately.

I wish things were always worded the same (@Dev_VKC) :

• “immediately kills the target” = they die no matter what (e.g. blight bomb)
  • “lethal damage” = guaranteed one-shot against everything, but not piercing (definition of lethal is “sufficient to cause death”) (e.g. death/payback revenge)
  • “massive damage” = enough to one-shot most 1.5x buffed monsters (e.g. morphean bomb)
  • “very high damage” = enough to one-shot most unbuffed monsters (e.g. survivor, desperate moves - this is most things)
  • “high damage” = not enough to one-shot most things, but can deal most of the health off unbuffed enemies (e.g. zealous attack, hellfire mortar all)
  • “medium damage” = reasonable damage but nothing high (e.g. reckless attack, hit all)
  • “low damage” = anything that hits less than a basic “hit all” move (e.g. neko punch, poison touch)
  • “minimum damage” = something that hits less than a non-critical move (e.g. less than survivor or sleep killer when not charged - very rare)
  • “critical damage” = used a generic term to describe when a move is doing higher damage or if it doesn’t fit into one of the above categories very well
2 Likes

Just added at least one example to all the categories in my above post

Thank you a lot for the feedback.
There are some old texts, we will start to edit them to make them consistent with the new ones.