Death Effects not firing

So I am nearing what I assume is the end of the story.  I have a mission to hunt 3 Leviathans near Yelan.

Those guys are VERY annoying, with non-stop bonus actions wiping out half my party each time they get a turn.

So I decided to vent a little bit and load up every Ark I had with a death revenge effect, no matter how low level they were.

The first Leviathan attacked with a single target strike and killed a Seaspine.  He took the 24 damage from Payback.  But there was no poison effect indicated for Volatile.

The Leviathans proceeded to kill every revenge effect unit I had loaded up, and none of them triggered.  These included multiple of each:

Chopperbug

Seaspine

Prickster

Blockadus

GremKnight

Orcow

Plasmodious

Cryoling

Some were supposed to trigger when hit, many were supposed to trigger when killed.   Other than the initial Seaspine thorn armor effect… NOTHING happened to the Leviathans.  I happen to have one Leviathan, so I know they aren’t immune to dozens of effects by nature.  So is this a bug, or an un announced special “boss mode” bonus for them like the insane bonus turns must be (damn things don’t even shine as S class)

EDIT:  Tried again with a different arrangement, and included a few Skullwraith this time.  I was able to use a move myself which should poison them, and no poison happened.  I also used the death roulette, and it hit one of them to no effect.  So there seems to be a “bosses are immune to X effects” which should REALLY be documented.  At least for Death Roulette and Doom, which so far have almost universally been useless against bosses.

Yes, it makes sense for auto-kill moves not to work on them, but that doesn’t preclude the need to document it SOMEWHERE for the user to know for sure.

My only suggestion: ignore these guys and move onto the main story

You gotta level up Hard in order to get those guys down

There are some arks that literally cannot be poisoned for some reason. Gremknight is one of them I think.

Bosses have been coded to not be affected by things like Doom, nor can they be put to sleep. Unfortunately they also cannot be poisoned.

Gremknight is a different issue. Arkadians with Stun Skin also cannot be poisoned.

The second is definitely a bug, but the first may have been designed this way.

even if they get killed, volatile effects don’t kick in until after bonus actions are over

the leviathans can wipe out an entire 20 line-up in 3 turns

You can’t rely on volatile

Except maybe Puffoxin

did you try several puffoxin? they have a insta-kill volatile and are easy to get

Yeah the first was on purpose, the second not so much. But their TU is still longer :smiley:

Yup like what’s been mentioned, some bosses are immune to volatile/poison/doom.

Stun skinners like Gremknight are also immune to volatile/poison.

Not firing? Try reloading