Devs, can you please clarify these moves

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD

Can you please clarify Excessive Force passive vs Overconfident Strike vs Venom Power?

Excessive force as i understand it ignores barriers, hold ground, and the enemy defense stat. So, it can deal high damage on buffed enemies.

But it actually says it ignores hold ground and “protect once”.

So excessive force passive description on BB in English version is very inaccurate.

Overconfident Strike and Venom Power dont mention ignoring enemy defense stats. But, do those moves work the same way and ignore defense stat like excessive force does? So will they do the same damage to a buffed monster or a nkt buffed monster?

No offense to those knowledgeable in the community, but i would like to hear actual confirmation from Devs clarifying these moves and the differences between them.

Thanks Devs.

Well peng doesn’t do much more to buffed as anything else in my arsenal. So I doubt it

Pengs move is contingent on enemy kills. BB is contingent his own kills. So BB bloodthirst does incredible damage instantly.

The real test would be how much damage Peng AoE does on normal enemy and then on buffed enemy.

I tested Peng and BB AoE against the superbuffed enemies and they do roughly the same damage against each (about 1200-1400 when there is no type advantage).

Well at this point you could’ve sent pm instead.

In my experience the “ignores hg and shield” all have the same effect. They’re not different from each other and therefore the moves have base damage (multiplied if charged moves). Meaning they will always deal the same amount of damage no matter how buff of weak the enemy is. Go test peng in pvp. take a note of the damage dealt and then go to super buffed monsters, and the damage will most likely be the same, except it might scale between -500 to 500+ damage

But i want the community to see their response as well

Buffed enemies usually have higher hp stats as well so even if def is ignored, hp stat will let it live longer despite the damage, that’s why BB only works till 1k in UC

All the moves that mention this do the same thing. Here’s a simplified version of the damage calculation:

Damage dealt = move power * user’s ATK stat * opponent’s toughness * elemental modifier

Move power is a pre-set factor, e.g. dreamhunt = 0.02 when not charged, 3.15 when charged

User’s attack is obvious, but to clarify it takes into account their buffed attack (e.g. buffed monsters or if you use attack boost)

Opponent’s toughness is the complicated bit. Put simply it’s [user’s base attack / defender’s buffed defence]. You can think of it as your attack / their defence. It is a factor between 0.5-2, it never goes above or below that.

Elemental modifier is 1 in most cases, 2/3 when weak against and 3/2 when strong against.

Excessive force / piercing sets the “opponent’s toughness” factor to 2, meaning you ignore their defence and typically deal more damage than your normally would. When you’re using a monster with 5000 attack and attacking a monster with 4000 defence the factor is normally 1.25, so increasing it to 2 is a 1.6x damage increase. Against enemies with higher defence it’s an even bigger damage buff.

Hopefully that clears everything up! I’m not a Dev but I’ve been investigating this stuff so am fairly confident I know what’s going on. Just bear in mind I’ve simplified things a bit here, there’s slightly more to it.

3 Likes