[DEV] Do something about the Crescendo moves!!!

With the recent buff to Crescendo moves it has become a nightmare to deal with Polaboss. I have lost numerous battles only due to that monster.

Life drain + hold ground + second wind (1tu) + low TU high damage Crescendo strike is such a pain in the a**. Whose idea was to buff this move?
(ノ°益°)ノ

The other Crescendo monsters are also not easy to deal either. But still manageable.

Either remove the unwanted buff or increase the TU of Crescendo moves drastically.

I love the buff and I’m not using a single cresendo monster in my team. I beat them Everytime though.

3 Likes

I believe this buff was one of the most wanted ones.

4 Likes

He’s not invincible. Stun, sleep, and piercing moves will all shut him down without issue. In fact, if you stun him even poison is fine for taking him out quickly.

1 Like

I disagree.

I’m glad for the crescendo buff BUT Polaboss should be nerfed at least second wind is too much, life drain is already giving him a huge boost.

Guys you maybe don’t remember but poison him is not the solution because he has detox.

3 Likes

Polaboss may not be unmanageable for lot of you. But he is annoying just like the pre nerfed Grovodeus. He is the total opposite of Nova as far as HP is concerned, Nova sweeps at 50tu and lose HP while Polaboss sweeps at 50tu and gain HP (if it get accelerated then it gets worse).

There are times when you won’t have stun or piercing move monsters and this thing is behind protectors. It’s like dealing with a last bite monster which is not alone.

1 Like

What if Polaboss’s SS was switched to Raw Second Wind?

Sounds like a good idea but most ppl will run it with tardigrenade if they have it.

I’ve been desperately hoping for devs to buff crescendo for a long time, but even I have to admit they went quite overboard with it. I believe the scaling is about triple what it used to be, and honestly I feel like double would’ve been far more reasonable. Could become deadly in half the time as before, massive improvement but very much still manageable. What we have now is frankly kinda ridiculous, crescendo moves become legitimately dangerous after a measly 2-3 uses. I don’t think it would be a bad idea to tone it back down just a touch.

There’s no way we’re raising the tu though, low tu is crescendo’s calling card. It makes them good at messing with shields stealth and hg, a unique advantage over most other moves. There’s also the psychological factor, the fact that they constantly get turns and hit you at a much faster rate than other monsters, even if each hit isn’t as strong, can be pretty intimidating, plus it makes them more prevalent in general, more likely to get their turn at just the right moment to be able to use one of their other more pivotal moves. Making it cost more while still scaling like crazy would result in just another generic kill move.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why people are unhappy with Polaboss’ secret skill. Second wind is basically pointless on it since it heals every time it does damage! You should be happy if someone has that secret skill turned on because they’re wasting cost in their team.

With regards to crescendo, I would like to see them stay like this for a few months and see if they’re manageable or whether they’ll take over the meta. It doesn’t necessarily matter if they’re strong now, only if they’re definitely way too strong.

1 Like

I still disagree on reducing the crescendo buff.

You need 4 hit to kill a legendary monster 4 x 50 = 200TU!!!

Then it becames dangerous. But you have to keep it alive for 200TU like other monsters after one move SO polaboss is the problem because it stay alive thx to life drain but leo or shiva(hp sharing reduce the life of the team so big downside)?

I don’t see leo or shiva make more than 2 kills in a game.

1 Like

Oho you haven’t played my team then

1 Like

nope

I forgot that leo has life flip…so let’s resume crescendo + healing:

leo lifeflip 50/100 TU? but no hold ground…

shivadragon hold ground and hp sharing (drains hp from the team)

excalibur hold ground + solo healing after 200 TU

Polaboss…hold ground, detox , life drain, second wind where is the downside for him?

Because you heal off from HG each time you crescendo strike. Second wind is idiotic on polaboss

1 Like

Can avoid Finishing snap, desperate strike/wave, AoE by Excessive force monsters and getting killed by some piercing move if on full HP. But I understand your point, it’s not as useful as on Nova, Jingle etc. But it gives the monster a greater chance to survive and continue sweeping.

1 Like

You can avoid most of those situations. The 1 time pola is killed like that compared to the 100 times it isn’t. Hence waste of cost

Just keep poisoning pola when he gets charged. It either forces a 100 tu move or they run the risk of him dying. It does suck how much he heals per attack now with the faster charging for the lower leagues especially

2 Likes

So is what the general consensus is to remove Hold Ground from Polaboss? Because to be honest without Hold Ground the Second Wind thing is not a big deal and I think most of the issue is with having to two shot a monster that has a 50tu sweeping move that also heals it and forces you to keep having to use 2 moves to kill it before it gets to move, this seems to be where the issue lies, not with Second Wind.

1 Like

No, the consensus is that the monster is completely alright

4 Likes

Removing HG will be horrible. Completely contradicts the design of the monster. If he can’t heal of HG it’s pointless to have the healing passive.

1 Like