Death revenge gone?

Death revenge doesn’t work for me anymore when I kill my own teammates. Used to do it with rebirth and backstab and it would kill a member of the other team but it doesn’t now. Can anyone confirm if they got rid of that ability with update? If they did that’s pretty messed up, it was a smart useful tactic

Death revenge only works when a monster with DR is killed by a monster from the enemy team now. It was changed when the new update came out.

1 Like

Worst. Update. Ever.

No, it was broken. It was a way to essentially charge a sweeper for free, with you getting the beneficial end of a 1 to 1 trade.

Ding dong the death revenge is dead!

What’s wrong with that though? 95% of the time I’m facing a computer team with significantly more monsters than my team. It would be nice to have a strategy that benefits my team since it’s my game. I’d understand taking away from pvp but all together is wrong

Because the point of the game is to kill enemy monsters. Killing your own monsters to kill an enemy monster whilst charging your backstabbing/cannibalizing monster so that it can then kill more enemy monsters is antithetical to the purpose of the game. You shouldn’t be triple rewarded for suicide.

If the point of the game is to kill enemy monsters then shouldn’t I be allowed to kill enemy monsters no matter the method?

DR will rise again

No. I don’t think you should be able to kill your own monster and get to kill an enemy for it. Especially when it bypasses protect and can charge a move like double blood crave.

And ya, I also think backstab triggering retribution is cheap. Retribution means pay back. Paying the enemy back for what? Sitting there idly while you commit suicide? Ya, that’s some warranted retribution right there.

Sacrificing your player for a better position in the game is a pretty common technique for strategic games

What do you think about rebirth triggering death revenge? It doesn’t anymore post update

If you mean backstab monster to bring in one you need more for the situation, then sure. Or if you mean sacrifice a protector to preserve your sweeper, sure. Or if you mean use bloodcrave/survivor/wreckless attack to take down an enemy at the expense of the user, sure.

But if you mean killing a teammate to trigger an unblockable move, nope. Cant get on board with that one, fam.

And Oak, we’ve discussed this lol.

And that is still a part of the game. However, you no longer get to keep a material advantage while you do it. Which I feel is healthy for the game, as now that sacrifice is actually a sacrifice, rather than a simple improving of your position 100% of the time.

That’s fair. I wasn’t really talking about using it to trigger bloodthirst or moves like that. More of just using it to specifically kill one of their players. To me it’s a move that kills one of their players just like bloodcrave. Personally I don’t think it should be taken away but now I see where you’re coming from

My whole fl was destroyed after the update. I used to run a sabber,dr,dr protector. A key part of it was taking out 2 enemy monsters but isn’t possible now. What’s interesting is that with that fl I only got 40 wins. Now I use talo,bitter,night,tt and I am currently at 62 wins. Although sad about those 18 pots I wasted on Saber and gaiawolf. But yeah fl come, they go. Learn to change. I did.

Ah saber talo apollo, what an easy line up to kill

I think you should only be able To use it once per battle, not completely take it away. That way people don’t abuse the move like in the past. It should be allowed in UC lol because when you get to the higher levels where you need 4-5 kills for Bloodfury to actually one shot monsters it comes in handy. Either way, just have to make adjustments

Yea there are times when it’s needed like in game of hordes when I’m battling 16 on 50…

1 Like