Buffs vs 30+ monsters

Okay so this little fight started in the “harder super challange battle” thread, where some of us said we would prefer no buffs but a team made of many monsters and some others said it would be too easy.
In my opinion buffs are boring, just people with specific strategies can do something against them, no matter what strategy i come up with or how many luck i have, i wont pass 100 in UC or complete SOTF (atleast for now).
The events are getting really boring now, the only events i really enjoy are super challange and IC, the rest is just the same.
The thing i loved about the game when i started was the challange but know its either too easy or impossible without some specific monsters.

Making a event with 2 user created teams combined with a little buff would be fine or maybe a event where you can only use epics or lower. The thing is, we need something new in a intermedium level (not too hard or not too easy)
Other thing would be dividing the game in f2p and p2p in all events, (only in pve).

My point is that there are many things to make this game more fun and challanging. At the end its just my opinion

Although i’m also still having a tough time in the UC, i really like it, the buffs are far more challenging than more monsters, it actually doesnt matter if a team consits of 20 or 30 monsters, once you get your sweeper moves going, you sweep through 20 mons as easy as through 30 mons. For me in UC its not about competing at the ultra high levels, its about improving from event to event. And the last thing i need right now is another island challenge with the exact same tactics and mons as the last 3 times. The event idea is really cool but i think they should change something right now.

They need to do something. I am bored of UC because the first couple fights are easy and then the rest are so burtally hard that I have absolutly no chance at beating them. It isn’t a challenge, it’s completely unwinnable. So it takes all the fun out of the game. When the only way for some people is to roll 16 dice and hope they all turn up as a 6 makes the game not a game, but a dull mess.

The concept of a bigger team is that sweepers can’t last forever unless they have some sort of way to heal. So you still get the satisfaction of one shotting things, but you have to one shot a LOT of things for a long time without getting any of your guys killed. With a 16 monster limit it would be really hard to do that as once per battle effects would have less impact and healers would be limited. Biters would have to be dealt with somehow, but it would be a test of how well/long you can keep your sweepers alive. Rather than how lucky you are with the egg wheel.

Sotf takes the fun of the battles and slowly kills it by buffing little by little. At first it is fun, but by the end you are dying of boredom and frusturation.

Are people even still doing SOTF? I couldn’t be bothered to waste tickets after I got the event mon. Sure, I probably could have got to 150 but after two days of grinding to level 30, I really couldn’t be bothered to go any further.

Legend potions are worth the effort to some people.

Another option for event types would be limiting what you’re allowed to use.  Can think of four ways to do this, but I’m sure there are many more:

- 1) Limit cost (e.g. max 75 or something)

- 2) Type restrictions (e.g. can only use holy monsters)

- 3) Limit number of monsters (e.g. max 4 for a team)

- 4) Restrictions on monster level (e.g. epics and below only)

Alternatively, you could run events with 1-2 monsters each time having insane buffs relative to others (e.g. Leobolt gets + 4000 attack for the event).

I reached level 85 in sotf only for gems,but I had to stop online story,side missions and ultra evolutions because oh this too big amount of tickets needed

haha i started the stronger scb thread, didnt think i start such a big discussion :smiley:

Wait for top tier players, then the discussion starts

increasing difficulty always benefits people that are lucky on the egg wheel or “Support” the game :smiley: unless you don’t use the monsters that you own like in Island Challenge ( and even that is based on luck cause of random drafting ).

limitting cost - i can drop a team full of legends that work well together n take down almost any team - you are stuck with maybe 2 good legends and are forced to combine that with super epics.

limitting type, let’s say holy - I have sanctilion and can make an insanely strong holy assisted lineup. if you dont have it you’re pretty much done playing as it is the most viable holy lineup along with omega and tiamazus

Limit numbers of monsters - see the first point that I mentioned. I can put 4 insane legends and you’re stuck with 2 OK legends and 2 mediocre ones.

Restriction on level - I have all epics and super epics in the game allowing me to built the best epic/super epic team there is. all top players do - go lucky wheel (or should I say egg basket) people.

You felt the need for me to comment so there you go. Also dividing F2P and P2P is something they will NEVER and I repeat NEVER do cause it messes with their marketing strategy and the game does not have a big enough player base to support it in the first place.

Besides let’s say they make such an event… imagine how long the fights will take? in for ******* ever I swear if you have to do 30 fights of those you were wishing you could play survival of the fittest.

Their highest priority should be on bringing PvP live. it will make players interact with eachother in game and AI can only do so much. a human player can adapt an AI has a set move its going to do which can be taken advantage of.

even if you are generally not a PvP type of guy it will still be more fun to build a strategy against a human player then a computer - see it like a game of chess. would you rather play against someone you know or just against a screen?

once PvP is live AND stable - they will be able to build way more cool events from here on out which is I feel is what they are banking on.

imagine a 2on2 event ~ they could match P2P with a F2P partner at random to make teams more balanced.

Imagine clan fights top 10 clans get rewards (ofcourse all the good players will divide themselves over 1-2 clans probably J4P4Nese (Edited: for whatever reason that was seen as a curse word) VS the rest) but there’s still 8 spots left for the taking where you can earn rewards.

Imagine round robin battles ( join random battle with 5 randomly evenly matched players based on tiers - last man standing wins)…

would all the suggestions above not be way more fun than fighting 30 AI monsters in a row? In my opinion they would. I feel the developers are planning to surprise us at the one year anniversary with bringing PvP live and they are probably working around the clock to make the deadline. Especially cause we saw last UC that hackers joined the party they have to make sure - PvP is Bug free - the game is hack (we are actively banning hackers and cheaters) (we are actively banning hackers and cheaters) free - its playable for everyone. That is not an easy task coding-wise setting up multiplayer things is always difficult no matter in which language you code (trust me i’m a software developer I know what i’m talking about ).

Anyway sit tight and hold your horses. I’m sure the developers will bring something soon that everyone can enjoy. it’s not like they don’t listen to their F2P player base. they aired the Island challenge which is equal chances for everyone. and even a semi-noob team would be able to kill the first 30 floors in SOTF and get the super epic monster.

Increasing the number of monsters just increases the challenge in a different way then buffing it does. It would make different legends viable to progress in the event.

It might but you want this as a whole new event? Coding into the game that a team can have more than 16 monsters is very difficult if you wanna keep everything else the same because team parameters are more than likely setup with a single source code line. they’d have to start dividing that up making a huge mess. and it would not be the same if you’d just follow it up with 2 fights back to back, at least not the wanted effect you wish you had because your Bloodfury etc and everything you set up to go for the win will be resetted.

next to coding the actually event and coming up with rewards for it and a different setting than what we already have it will take time off the DEV team which they more than likely do not have right now.

Granted that coding for this kind of thing to happen where you vs more monsters will be difficult for the devs but it’ll definitely be a change from the same old buffing that goes on in events like the UC. Especially with the way they set up the new ticket system for UC, you just get to like level 90 (in my case) too quickly and hit a wall, that needs to be changed 

Instead of just 30 monsters it’s probably better to create an event of an infinite wave of monsters n build a ranking based upon who can defeat the most n give rewards at certain number of takedowns…

But alas their main focus is PvP right now probably usually when the devs go silent it means they are hard at work to finish something so let’s wait n see.

I like that idea hidan, it can go such that as the wave goes on you are faced with increase in rarity as you progress. For example, going from epics to super epics and then to legends after you have defeated a certain number of a rarity. just food for thought at this point tbh

Ooooh Hidan, i love the idea of CLANS and CLANWARS so much :heart_eyes:

That is something the game needs, for getting more community feeling ingame, you know?

+1 to the infinite waves idea, and clans would be nice. All for diversification of game play and increasing social engagement.

Okay hidan, you got me i was waiting for you.
You and me having a discussion is just super normal now.
I do love almost all your ideas but you have to admit some of my ideas are also good and not too hard to make.

That would be a real cool PVE special event. Instead of 150 floors they could do 150 monsters, with increasing difficulty, at least a bit of buffing and changing strategies.

Also how about would you split the p2p players? There are some that have spent less than $10, some less than $50, most less than $1000 and a few easily over that. It isn’t exactly fair justice to cut out the f2p players if a fair amount of players I’m sure have only spent very little, such as to refill gems for offline story or buy one gem to be able to roll one last festival when they are already at 4 gems (I’ve done this a few times).