BUFF ALL MY MONSTERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! (Massive buff thread only for people with time to spare reading A LOT)

IMG_20200807_101208

4 Likes

I guess jingle could have shield entrance as passive and it is good to go

Just remembered… We need insomnia on Shivadragon :joy:

You are literally asking for complete shutdown of sleep

Bahamuzar needs a buff

The only buff I can think of is making Summon Swarm LINK so that he doesn’t sit 250 seconds inert on the field. 160 seconds are more manageable, plus LINK Earth is the most viable element for Throw teams.

3 Likes

Yeb , Jingledragon needs buff

Let’s buff/nerf all monsters. My suggestion: every monster/ mythic will have the same skills like a bronzeshell. Problem solved. Thread closed forever :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I own most of these monsters and on the whole they’re fine. @MementoMori A lot of the time in your buff suggestions (not just in this thread) you’re asking for TU to be lowered or piercing added. These things will speed up the battles too much if they keep being done.

Sarcrosphinx:
Easily one-shots everything with hellfire mortar double, even one-shots most buffed monsters. Poison immunity would be nice and the most obvious route to buff (but it’s fine how it is for now). Load all restriction removed would be totally OP.

Lionheart:
WAY too many buffs suggested here, but I do think he needs something. I like the idea of lowering the TU of “from the brink” from 100 to 70 (as a standard rate for all monsters with this skill). Also, I think Lionheart would be great with overconfident strike. With that he needs no other changes.

Jingledragon:
Not every monster needs to be super strong and I see this get used quite a bit in special rules PvP. A change to full attack stats would be nice though, making dual confident strike powerful enough in PvE and when not 100% HP in PvP.

Capybaragon:
Awesome monster for PvP. Swallow TU is ridiculous though, so all it needs is reducing that to 100/130TU.

Torazou:
If all those suggestions were done Torazou would be an easy S+ monster that people would create nerf threads about. Let’s see what happens to defensive mode then judge it. It’s mostly fine how it is.

Timberlord:
A decent monster that lots of people have been using effectively lately. 50TU hit all is very useful for shields/stealth and otherwise deals decent enough damage. The only thing I’d change is quick devour into “quick devour all” (50/70TU, heals by the same amount as throw all). That gives it a bit of support for the team and an option for if you don’t want to hit the enemies.

Jawshank:
Totally agree this needs buffing. The original design never had the protector counter. It was all about roaring entrance and double zealous attack, with some healing. Me and Unown came up with a new design recently…
(-) Aquacide (100TU) [fish killer, whatever it will be called]
(-) Double zealous attack (160TU)
(-) Cannibalise (130TU)
(-) Blood drain (130TU) [bloodshed damage, heals user by 100% damage dealt]
SS: Instant accelerate (1TU)
Passives: Roaring entrance, Blood frenzy [whenever this monster gets a kill its TU is reduced by 30]
To clarify: 2 kills with zealous attack = -60TU. If potted and accelerated it can potentially be fun, chaining things together faster if it can find targets to kill.

Solariel:
Totally fine how it is. No need for piercing on ultimate sacrifice.

Polareon:
Finishing snap wouldn’t be great when nightmare’s grip is still 100TU. Personally I wouldn’t go for finishing snap at all. I think all it needs is nightmare’s grip down to 50TU and a defence increase.

To summarise…
No buff needed: Sarcrosphinx, Torazou, Solariel
Minor buff needed: Jingledragon (full atk stats), Capybaragon (swallow TU 200->100/130), Timberlord (quick devour all), Polareon (nightmare’s grip TU 100->50, defence increase)
Major buff needed: Lionheart (overconfident strike), Jawshank (redesign above)

4 Likes

What about bahamuzar worst throw legend gets outclassed by an SE (gnashjaw)

Gryph: I want it too

Gryph isn’t limited

:shushing_face:
Shhh… I want Gryph to get a buff

1 Like

Definitely not outclassed by Gnashjaw. Gnashjaw dies easily and catapult is 160TU with damage that isn’t impressive. Swift dual catapult was a lovely addition to Bahamuzar, making him actually very unique among monsters as having really high piercing damage from the first turn with practically no setup required. With decent defence, high health, poison immunity and shield entrance it’s pretty hard to stop and he can do something like summon swarm then be killed off afterwards with backstab/cannibalise if you want to use him competitively. He’s not great, but he has his place and not every monster needs a piercing double kill on their first turn AND good moves to follow that up.

1 Like

9 monsters in total
Lionheart (both TU reduction and Piercing added because it needs a big buff which everybody agrees with it)
Capy (TU Reduction which prettty much everybody agrees with it)
Torazou (TU Reduction because i think it will be fair but is just my opinion)
Solariel (Piercing added to anD tier monsters which sacrifice itself but can kill a HG monster…)
Polareon (piercing added because it fits the design REALLY well due to nightmare grip leaving shields untouched)

Please read what i wrote on the bottom of the post and you will see I’m suggesting several options and the reasons why i don’t mean they are all needed :grin:

That’s a pretty cool idea but i think Stealthbane is as well my idea behind buffing this monster is giving something to don when it runs out of rocks other than a 250 TU useless move (it’s pretty easy for it to run out of rocks because it’s low TU throw move which mean in 100 sec it’s forced tu used the high TU move if no teammate have died)

Perhaps Ichthycide?

I agree with all your suggestions (especially Quick Devour All) but Lionheart’s and Solariel.

From the Brink shouldn’t be 50 TU, but Overconfident Strike should only go to 7★ Lionheart.
For Solariel, she needs at least his SS’ cost decreased to 14.

The Jawshank suggestion is also intriguing. What if it had Zealous Attack All, with the same damage/recoil ratio as Survivor All?

It is a shark on a motorcycle, he has no business killing fish. If anything he should have headhunter instead. (crits vs humanoids)

1 Like

@Randolph you better not be @eNjiin :triumph:

1 Like

Human on a motorcycle ===> commits vehicular manslaughter

Fish on a motorcycle ===> commits vehicular fishslaughter

That’s the most logical conclusion.

1 Like

Sharks eat fish in nature. It’s the main source of food for most shark I think