Bonus moves op for quest.......

Ok to review in a whole

I’m not stuck on a particular quest, essentially the problem I have is that it’s pretty much the rule governing all bosses to chain bonus actions like crazy whilst having too much attack power

I find element advantage to be useless due to the fact that bosses will often kill in one hit, it’s a luck of the draw if it decides to take you out or not

Grinding helps, as well as ‘bane’ attacks but again you can get in so many hits before the boss chain attacks again. Flash bomb as well as stun chance attacks help in my opinion but not enough to push back the boss for long unless you spam them like crazy and get enough stuns

My own partial strategy has been to go in with a void ability (one that caters for the boss type) and use it on my strongest party members

With a cap on bonus actions, the bosses can’t destroy your entire team in one turn. You’re going to get some chances at using your own abilities. So here are some that might be useful:

Flash Bomb - build up some stun on those bosses so you can do some big damage. 

Haste - more speed = more often you can get a hit in.

No Guard - want to do massive damage? Use flash bomb, build up some stun, then use no guard and get some massive hits in. You would have died anyway when the boss gets a turn, so no guard wouldn’t hurt.

Void spells - nullify some boss damage. 

Volatile - use a monster like puffoxin, so when you die the boss takes big damage. 

Plague - slow the boss down.

Weakness - okay, this is not an ability. But make a team of enemies that are strong against that boss.

Guardian - tanks can take a lot of hits. Let them take all the bonus actions.

Timestrike - major damage after the enemy uses a high TU attack.

Stun Skin - stun and kill off bonus actions when your monster dies.

Heavy Hitters - again, not an ability, but if you’re facing one boss, then put monsters that do major damage to one enemy as opposed to enemies that do moderate damage to the whole field.

Last Stand - useful if you get a chance. Good when paired with a stunner if you can pull it off. Use flash bomb on the second to last monster, then go crazy with last stand. You’ll get quite a few hits in.

And by the way, you’ll also need high level monsters. If you find you absolutely can’t win, try leveling your monsters some more. Maybe the quest is meant for a stronger team than you currently have.

1 Like

I have no problem with boss bonus actions; I had the leviathan mission in mind.

Keep in mind that I think almost all bosses have AoE; so guardian is almost useless against bosses in my opinion.

But otherwise, I 1+ ashley’s post.

1 Like

Ok guys…

I just thought of a strategy. It requires some luck.

I’m not sure if this is gonna work, as I never tried it out but can anybody try it out for me?

So first you use the move doom (after 350 tu the monster dies)

Then you follow up with 4-10 monsters with flash bomb (maybe 10 is overkill XD)

Can anybody confirm this?

1 Like

Doom doesn’t work on bosses, sorry. ^^;

1 Like

Deadpool said that it works on everything except first ones.

?

Aren’t those the bosses?

Pretty sure they don’t work on things like that Arkwing, and it’s not a First One. 

1 Like

I may be wrong.  I thought they worked?   I know I got one of the bosses on a doom, I can guarantee that

It could’ve changed; I will try it if I get a chance.

1 Like

Those kinds of abilities worked on bosses in beta testing at one point, though Ryan should have changed that. I haven’t tested the extent to which he changed it. 

1 Like

How the game develops is all in the developers hands (imagine that). If he wants to cater to the majority, and the majority say, “too many bonus actions,” bonus actions get nerfed. If he wants to cater to beta-testers and the more hardcore audience, bonus actions stay the same? I’m not sure, all I know is you either cater to the majority to improve your fan base or cater to your fan-base to improve loyalty, either way it’s the developers decision.

I do feel that insulting somebody for voicing their opinion is lame, and if no one expressed their dissatisfaction with the game it won’t improve. It is important to note that expressing SATISFACTION, while important, will not change the game, for better or worse, but please do not let that prevent you from doing so.

No one is insulting anyone, voicing our opinions and possibly disagreeing with yours is not an insult.

I agree with Shen; no one has insulted anyone so far, at least to my eye. Hopefully it will never come to that on these forums.

Personally, I’m fine with the bonus actions. I sense that this will always be a debated topic, so…

Just my two cents. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we are not trying to insult you by saying we think that the way things are is fine, we most certainly aren’t going to resort to petty insults to convince you of our beliefs. But if you cannot respect another’s opinion (whether you agree or not) then i am sorry, but it is not going to cause fighting. 

1 Like

How the game develops is all in the developers hands (imagine that). If he wants to cater to the majority, and the majority say, “too many bonus actions,” bonus actions get nerfed. If he wants to cater to beta-testers and the more hardcore audience, bonus actions stay the same? I’m not sure, all I know is you either cater to the majority to improve your fan base or cater to your fan-base to improve loyalty, either way it’s the developers decision. 

I do feel that insulting somebody for voicing their opinion is lame, and if no one expressed their dissatisfaction with the game it won’t improve. It is important to note that expressing SATISFACTION, while important, will not change the game, for better or worse, but please do not let that prevent you from doing so.

If the majority thinks that the game is less fun because there are too many bonus actions, that really is an issue. The game IS supposed to be enjoyable, ultimately. I, and others, have been trying to help you find ways to enjoy the game even with the large bonus actions by explaining certain strategies that can help you win.

And that makes it more fun. Doesn’t it feel like more of an accomplishment if you win a really hard fight by using strategy? You may argue that there’s no strategy being used, but I would argue from my own experience that you can definitely win those fights through using strategy.

​But if this doesn’t help and the game can’t be enjoyed by the majority even still, then, unfortunately, changes do need to be made. As I said, the game needs to be enjoyable to players.

​I just hope that if changes are made, they won’t make the game too easy.

1 Like

When I said insults, I meant there are a few posters that responded defensively, and their wording was very passive agressive. My apologies, I should have explained it in greater detail so as not to cause such confusion.

As far as my opinions on the matter (which I have not yet expressed), I don’t mind the extra actions yet. I can see where both sides of the argument are coming from though, and am excited to see how this plays out in the developers eyes.

I understand mastacre; I see what you mean about passive aggressiveness. Sorry for that.

The devs did cap some bonus actions upon request, as the others have said. So I’m assuming if enough people want it they may cap it again, but capping the same thing twice is sort of… hm.

1 Like

If they cap it again, they need to compensate in some way so that it doesn’t become too easy. 

1 Like

Cap bonus actions but give them more life. It may make it more difficult in the long run, but players would get to input more and feel like they are actually doing something. That’s the worst part of turn-based games, the waiting. Especially nowadays when people have gotten used to instant gratification. If you’re trying to teach people patience, video game apps is the wrong way to go. You could make the game more difficult while increasing player enjoyment by improving the downtime players have to make decisions.

That was a lot of different theory and opinion all at once lol.
Basically, I think there are ways to please both crowds, and, like I said, I’m interested to see how the developers try to do that.
Also, no worries kookie. People aren’t often aware of how they are being percieved, more so here as it’s difficult to empathize with text.