Azra

Give those monsters to me and I’ll use them

Oh look another post crying about a nerf sorry bruh i didn’t mean to make you this angry :man_shrugging:t5:

You make me speechless :clap: :clap: :clap:

I know right? :wink: love you bro ;*

I love this community.
Azra is a solid monster but has many counters.
It is well balanced.
You can’t expect your team to counter everything.
You can’t expect your 5th slot to be the first monster that enters the field in every battle.

It would be the same to say nerf the speed of Gallio because I don’t run stun protection in FL.

@NMEGaryOak ModeratorOak you can lock this. Thanks.

As much as I agree with you @Heros

There has been no violation of forum policy on this thread.

The thread shall stay open.

It’s good to see Zardecil bring up a rock-paper-scissors analogy. Every front line you make has pros and cons. There will be some FLs which you thrash, others where it’s close and some which you can’t handle at all. We can’t go bashing particular monsters or FL strategies simply because it beats ours or even if we don’t have a team to counter them. If there are a number of counters that exist then all is good. There will be many people who within 10s of starting a battle with you will look at your front line and curse because they know it’s a counter to their own.

I created a PvP team back in December which very few people seemed to have a FL counter for. As similar FLs have become more common now I’m running into counters over and over. This doesn’t mean my team has got any worse or theirs have got any better… it’s just people moving around the web of rock-paper-scissors.

3 Likes

Thank you for clarification.
Your continued support to this forum is highly appreciated.
It’s great to see there is a moderator out there with actually common sense.
Keep it on!

1 Like

Lets just stop blowing the zib/fox matter out of proportion, okay? Both Zib and Azra are limited, meaning not everyone has access to them. Since zib is limited, you can’t consider him a legitimate counter since he’s not easily accessible. But even though Azra is hard to get, that is no excuse for him to be as strong as he is. I HATE that argument. An astronaut with multiple tears in his suit is in serious trouble, but that doesn’t make a second astronaut with only a single tear in any less danger.

You constantly talk about Azra having counters, but I don’t buy it. Yes, there are some fronts that can beat him, but very few. And the fronts that can are basically required if I want to stand a chance. Hence the vicious cycle Zard described. Yes Azra isn’t unbeatable, but it’s still overpowered. No monster should require such extreme and strict accommodation from your team in order to thwart him.

Replace any other S/S+ legend with azra I’m your post and get the same result.
Thanks.
Have a nice day.

Just to name a few counters that don’t require limited legends.
Drako (mist), Kong (throw - w/o protector), robin (with protector), lavamane (dr), any sleep stuff and a few more. I think that’s enough.
Not gonna mention Deo, TK TK TT (replace deo with any other unlimited quick monster)

Uhhhh… no.

• Penguinator can be shut down by chrono killers, anything with stealth, or just not having targets. On top of that, he’s just slow, so anything could happen that prevents him from making his mark.
  • The shockers are thwarted by absorbers + Leo, which of course are highly common, plus gravity field can give them an absolutely miserable time.
  • Aegisdragon exposes the team to assassinate, gets man handled by shadowyrm, gets harrased by chrono killers, and also hates gravity field.
  • Mechaviathan, chrono killers, time freeze, and just being slow.

All S+ tier monsters with plenty of legitimate counters. Notice that all of these counters having something in common: they’re general weaknesses. Each of them are countered by a multitude of different monsters that do it in the same way. Azra’s “counters”, on the other hand, are individual monsters; Kong, lava and robin. Az forces highly specific strats in order to be beat, while the aforementioned 4 allow many combos to stop them, thus healthy parts of the meta(with a very possible exception for mecha). Az is NOT healthy. Also, sleep counters Azra? Codswallop. Pretty much all sleep mons are either way too slow to make an impact against him, or rely on sheer luck to truly be a threat.

1 Like

The super fast instant kbn is the main problem I think. Like you run bane 5th and meet zhu/azarazel and it’s instantly knocked back. You run bane 6th and they don’t use instant kbn so you still haven’t countered. There’s only one other monster in game with instant kbn and he comes in very slow

1 Like

I was talking about their performance in the team not as stand alone monsters. Of course you’re gonna have bad time with a team with no setup.
Stand alone azra means cannibalise self.
However, I’ve said everything I had to say.
I respect your nonsense opinion. Let’s tweak all the monsters in the game but keep Deo as he is.

Nerf Azra and you will never see him again is all I wanna say.

1 Like

I think there should be counters to entrance strategies. Even though azra isn’t faster as zib, don’t remember if lavamane is.

I like the fast kbn move, its something we needed to counter motor or any canibalaize into 5th strategy.

However:

1. Shouldnt be on such a limited monster. A UC SE should have it, so if it impact the meta - it will impact big, and not in such small doses.

2. Shouldnt be 1 tu, as this move is awesome enough at high speed. Letting him having a 2nd move (and a god damn 50 tu canibalaize into double bloodcrave) is to much. He simply does to much harm way to fast.

1 Like

When the counter to entrance control is actually an entrance control monster himself, that does more with the act of bringing in the 5th monster than any other monster in the game. Even Zib.

Yea I’m all for a fast kbn monster but like you said it should be a SE for everyone to obtain it shouldn’t be on a limited monster that disrupts your front and then can sweep with double kills in 51tu

1 Like

Um, when did we start talking about solo vs. group performance? What you just said makes no sense in the context of this discussion.

I just read “tears” as “tears (crying)” and was honestly about to Google “why is it bad for astronauts to cry in their space suits” LOL

5 Likes

It actually is bad for them to cry in their spacesuits.