Ahuizard, too much?

We all know how Ahuizard is getting CRAZILY popular in PvP. Very few SEs match the aggression it can offer… 50TU raw, stun immune sweeping from its first turn and it is 54% speed. Sure, it dies super easily compared to legendaries but for 10 cost and very little setup it’s a solid include into most teams. Ahuizard and Tricranium have become so popular that something like swift knockback on Dragulus has become ridiculously good because in so many matches it literally equals a kill.

Normal throw TU is 100. Raw moves come with lower TU (unless they’re blood moves) but a drop from 100 to 50 is enormous. We recently got a mythic with 50TU raw throw and to be honest I think that’s fine. It’s a low speed monster with low defence and similarly doesn’t create a rock itself on entry. I feel like maybe raw throw should be 70TU in general and 50TU on mythics, or maybe just particular mythics where it’s balanced (like Kuromasa).

How would people feel about Ahuizard getting 70TU raw throw?

15 Likes

Agree, even 80

Mythics get 70TU raw throw and it’s a deal :wink:

Lol mythics 70, SE 80?

I just got that broken super epic a week ago maybe. It’s counter strike doesn’t get many targets but with very little setup like gaiakaizer entering before him makes it insane.
It will be OK for me if it gets a 70 TU Throw and a little speed buff to like 60% because it’s a reliable sweeper for F2Ps and new players.

1 Like

I’ll be honest with you KD, I am not a fan of low TU moves even in mythics.

What has to change is effectiveness.
The damage of Ahuizard RAW Throw is too high for a SE with no justified backsides.

It still can’t oneshot many monsters, I don’t remember which ones though but the damage should remain same because it’s the best reason of using ahuizard and sacrificing you last monster.
Also, Bloodcrave can’t be used much because of higher damage and what amount of it gets reflected back.

Well Ahuizard is definitely a S+ pvp SE.

Imo he needs

RAW Throw 70 (as per mythics too)
Bloodthirst.
Tyrannical Summon after 2 kills.
Counterstrike

No stun immune, shield entrance instead

Do you want to get it to B tier now ? Changing the whole moveset isn’t a good idea. And the best parts are RAW Throw and stun immunity which makes it a viable monster in PvP, shield entrance will be no good.

1 Like

I want to make it worth 10 cost not 13

That’s far, far too harsh. All it needs is a TU increase on RAW Throw.

1 Like

I think that nerf is going way overboard. It will be so awkward to use like that.

The setup commonly used in top PvP teams is a Boxjaw in 16th slot. Adds literally 0 cost to the team. It makes Ahuizard playable in pretty much any team. You’ll probably need to summon rocks before attacking more but bloodcrave is still an option.

2 Likes

Well KD will look more as a SE

I know, but it would be countered by both stun and poison plus needing two throw fodder at the back of your team. That pretty much pushes it out of being playable in top bracket PvP. We don’t need to kill the monster, just make it slightly less rewarding to run.

With any nerf/buff idea I reckon it’s best to hold onto the essence of the design. Here it was rapid, stun immune sweeping on a very squishy body and with slight hoops to jump through. I think there’s still a place for a SE like that, like how Scarleguard is beautifully balanced as a popular, playable monster but it has its limitations.

4 Likes

So a SE that can RAW throw + create 3 rocks for other throw teammates looks like is balanced to you?

1 Like

I agree , ahuizard is a bit too much . It’s a pseudo legendary . Only because it can be potted to +9 easily considering its already low tu and high speed

Agreed

Is the only way to balance it, high bet high reward.
Right now is just too much for a SE.

RAW shouldn’t come with a tu reduction at all.

Make it 100tu.

2 Likes

We all got ahuizard a few PVP back, which, even if he is too strong to be an SE, makesit balanced to everyone. I mean, a monster is not a problem if everyone have it (I think that’s the reason they gave it as a PVP reward in the first place).

My suggestion is to put him in the shop, so everyone can buy it.

I’m sure we’ll all agree (maybe except by one) that it’s nice to have in our hands a that good superepic

6 Likes