ZigZaGame Timeline

What do you think is the timeline/canon story of Hunter Island and Neo Monsters? They are clearly connected in some way, but how is unclear. Any ideas?

As I remember, Hunter Island was pretty wasteland-ish? maybe it was one of the islands in Neo Monsters before it was ultimately decimated by the first ones in Neo, hence why the original first ones (Zephys, Arborus, Dahag, Vulcarex, Esapid, Deucalion, and Tiamat) got knocked into weaker forms.

I think that Neo’s islands were originally HI’s Ark Island.There is a cold island, a forest island, a desert island, a plains island, etc. They line up with the various HI regions. I think that Neo takes place in the far future of HI, where the island is blown apart, maybe by Tiamat.

1 Like

I don’t know how to explain the existence of other First Ones.

Also, this is just about HI, but if you search Tiamat, she is a primordial goddess of chaos and salt water. Deucalion is a Noah figure, or vice versa. He built an ark to save humans from a great flood. In game, Deucalion resides in a dungeon literally called ‘ark’. The quest to beat him is called Guardian of the Ark’. The point is, Tiamat is the goddess of saltwater, and Deucalion is a Greek hero who built an Ark to protect from a flood of saltwater.

Also, you have Arkadians that you capture with Ark stones on Ark Island to fight two final bosses in a place called Ark. There is a reason I love this game.

Oh, also, mythologically, Dahag is a monstrous bone dragon who has venomous creatues in his stomach that will crawl out at the end of the world. The Nezeim Wastetlands was formed by poison seeping out of Dahag’s body.

This game is SO good!!!

Yeah, I’ve always seen it written as “Dahhak” or “Dahaka” but Dahag is nevertheless a spooky skeletal underworld monster.

Deucalion is technically the first human. So it makes sense he’s a First One!

Tiamat also appears in the first Final Fantasy and re-appears in some sequels and remakes. Though he’s more like a hydra than anything:

On the other hand, Zephys is the Greek god of wind (Zephyr) and Vulcarex is a… volcanic T-Rex, while Esapidon is a chilly cobra. Those ones don’t really make sense as first ones to me, but do you know who REALLY deserves the title of first one?

That’s right, the mighty and brawny Arborus. God (Arborus) bless him.

Yeah. I have no Idea where they got Esapid.

Maybe Esapid came from the Snow Snake?