Why reduce the rewards of pve events. . .

That passive doesn’t count attack stat, otherwise in UC you’d be sent to mars with their explosion

3 Likes

Well that is kinda OP then. If that’s the way it works it will do more damage than the cat and the dino. Wow.

It wont

1 Like

I think they’re trying to improve Fire FL chances which will come along with canis nerf

1 Like

Does it or doesn’t it factor in attack stats? If it doesn’t then it should right? Because like Bonanoe pointed out the wording is 'Big damage" as opposed to “medium damage”

1 Like

That makes sense but he is still very strong with big dmg to all and no way to protect yourself from it except shield/stealth

Stealth won’t work because it’s a passive.

1 Like

Right I forgot so he’s even worst than I thought

Yeah he will be annoying. Imagine combining it with a replicating cat and Auro. Might as well have the dino incoming as well.

Of course they are releasing OP rocks to force meta i think

image

1 Like

The floor and consolation rewards look the same as before… and the streak stuff wasn’t around before. Can someone explain to me what I’m missing?

Same here, maybe I’m just blind but I don’t see any major reductions of the rewards.

Ohh ok, now I’ve gotten into the game and seen that the consolation prizes are no more. Lovely :unamused:

This ain’t it @Dev_VKC. Taking away the consolation prizes removes not only the nuance of this event, but the incentive to seek out challenge and get to know the characters. Now we’re back to what ST originally was before consolation, where the only right way to do it is a mindless dash for the top, avoiding trainer battles at all costs because they do nothing for you. And yeah the rewards are pretty pitiful too.

4 Likes

Looking at the difference between before and now it is only a drop by 6 gems and 1 legendary potion. It’s not anything to make a big deal about. However, the legendary potion removal seems very unnecessary and it’s never nice to see a drop of any kind.

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD I came up with an idea for an interesting way to get extra rewards for this…

Firstly, change the 30 win streak reward from 2 gems -> legendary potion. Also, reduce the gems for beating floors 1, 4, 8 and 11 each by one. The event will now give a maximum of 27 gems, which will become 39 gems after the addition below (same as the old 39 gems we had before).

The idea:

  • At the end of each floor we can choose to face the “floor champion” rather than pick one of the three doors.
  • The first person to do this becomes the champion for that floor for the rest of the event and gets 1 gem.
  • The game will not select them as champion for that floor if they’re already a champion of a lower floor. It picks the first unique person to beat it.
  • The floor champion’s team is buffed a bit more than the normal buff. Beating it grants the player 1 gem.
  • The first time this is added the floor champions will be preset battles, but after that it will use the champions from the previous time the event was out.
  • (Inevitably there will be multiple people facing the champion battle before the first person has done it. They will all face the preset battle until the first person has finished it, then all subsequent people will face that new champion)

I hope this idea or something like it can be added to make the event a bit more fun again. I like that you’re playing with the concept but chasing down the trainers was enjoyable (for all those with access to the map) and it would be good to have an extra dimension to the event like this before.

1 Like

For clarity and an easy side by side comparison of the old rewards with the new ones.

Old Rewards:



Showdown Tower 0.5 rewards:

OLD REWARDS:
39 gems
2 legend pots
3 rare gems

NEW REWARDS:
33 gems
1 legend pot
3 rare gems

6 less gems and 1 less legend pot is a big deal. Especially the legend pot.
Not to mention that it’s probably harder to get all the win streak rewards than the old consolation prizes. This is not a small nerf.

Thanks for correcting me from 38 to 39, I’ve changed my numbers above!

I would disagree that the gems were easier before. The trainers were challenging to beat and a lot of the consolation prizes required beating trainers on the 11th and 12th floors. Also, without following the map I wrote on the forum it would be extremely difficult to find all the trainers.

Now the gems are given out in a much simpler way, meaning everyone has access to them and not just forum users.

For weaker players who cannot get past floor 10/11 they can realistically get a win streak of 10 or 15. This will net them 18-19 gems with the new system. With the old system they’d get 3 gems, it’s very unlikely they would complete any consolation prizes.

For medium players who can get through all 12 floors but some trainers were too hard they can probably get a win streak of 20 or 25, maybe 30. This will net them 26-29 gems. With the old system they’d get 19 gems (if they can’t do trainers on 11th and 12th floors) or a little more if they can do some.

It’s only the stronger players who could find and do all the trainers who see a drop in the gems they get.

Hence, what this new system does is make a fairer system for all (forum user or not) that rewards the weaker players much more than before at the cost of a bit less for top players. I thoroughly encourage changes to events like this and believe Showdown Tower is better by giving out the rewards more evenly rather than locking them all behind hidden trainer locations. I did enjoy the aspect of hunting down the trainers but the imbalance of rewards between completion and beating trainers was ridiculous.

However, with all that said we have yet to see what the difficulty is like now we’re facing other people’s teams. It may be very tough for weaker players to get through this event.

I’m presuming the difficulty to face users teams will be harder than previous trainer battles on the twelth floor. Some user teams will be very hard no doubt. Yes I agree it’s better for new players I like the simplicity as well. Was always stressful trying to make sure we don’t miss a trainer battle to get all the consolation prizes. But still I doubt I will get the 60 battle win streak, I’m gonna get less rewards with this update.

If I manage to get a 40 game win streak that means 8 gems less than before. Otherwise I’ll be getting 10 less gems.

I just don’t understand why they would remove the legend pot…

Thank you for the feedback guys.
Our intention for the change of this event is exactly like what Killerdog said, we want to make the rewards fairer and more intuitive to every range of the players.
We will take everyone’s suggestions into account and keep improving our events and contents.

Thank you.

4 Likes

How is removing a legend pot fairer? That was always an accessible reward and not part of the more difficult consolation prizes. An unnecessary nerf. We have more legends than ever before we need them more than ever. Same with the reduced gems.