Why modify Bastia

Yup being able to sacrifice herself to bring in a deathgazer is really OP

2 Likes

and donā€™t forget you got extra 6 rockoid for it lel
they really need experienced player that often play this game (pvp/pve) to review monsters before releaseā€¦
idk if some of the devs actually play this game

That cannot be unfortunatelyā€¦ We players do not have a fair vision of monsters.
For example imo mythics should be stronger than legendaries because hidden behind a paywall, for other players mythics and legendaries should be mainly balanced on the same level.
This create a big discrepancy which playing players cannot sort out because they will favorize their own strategies in one way or another.
Look at Bastia herself, she apparently got nerfed, but for certain players this nerf is totally not worth, because they reason like this ā€œBastia is too difficult to kill, so should be nerfed to deathā€ when the answer is ā€œBastia is a Mythic so to kill her you need mythicsā€.
But as I said before there is no way to make happy everyone, but certainly players does prefer more a Mythic with huge attack rather than one with huge defense.

1 Like

One dayā€¦One dayā€¦They will hear you on this one.

She is still the strongest monster in the game.

Bastia is for the bastiards :rofl:

1 Like

Compasiate every player with bastia
#saynotonerfswithoutcompasiation

1 Like

U own Bastia :unamused:

itā€™s just a coincidence :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy if they give gems to the players that own Bastia (awaken=160, 2 shard=120, 1 shard=80, 0 shard=40)

1 Like

I think this is an excellent point. I made a very similar one in Line chat when talking to someone who wanted the defence nerfed. If you look through the mythics there are actually plenty with piercing damage that can one-shot Bastia. I have no doubt there will be many more in the future too. Right now most people are still playing with mostly legendaries, but in a year or two we might all be playing lots more mythics and Bastia should be balanced for that.

Lowering the defence on Angelion made sense because various monsters like Chromera couldnā€™t one-shot it, despite being a monster youā€™d think should counter it. With Bastia the options are limited too, but not when it comes to mythics.

2 Likes

Waifu*

Lol I donā€™t think who was able to awake Bastia spent 160 gemsā€¦itā€™s like 100% chance of finding Bastia in a roll.

Iā€™ll pay for the whole enchilada not this knock-off brand. Honestly Iā€™m more upset with the devs shady business practices donā€™t sell ppl something and then come to their house to break it later, as you can see they wrote the nerf in tiny hard to read txt hoping people would miss it and buy anyways.

I think itā€™s a bad point. The idea that only mythics should one shot it. Plenty of legends should be able to one shot it the same way plenty of Super Epics can one shot legends.

This needs to be consistent for all monster tiers. Obviously plenty of legends should not be able to one shot it as well. Let it work the same way Super Epics work against legends.

2 Likes

If they made mythics easier to hatch then I would agree with you. Iā€™ve hatched quite a few packs and only have one shard for all of my mythics. I think what Saitama said is spot on. There are a handful of common Super Epics that one shot quite a few legends.

There are a bunch of legendaries that can one-shot it with moves, just not the usual stuff weā€™re used to killing other legendaries with. You donā€™t see people questioning why Armadiatorā€™s hellfire mortar all doesnā€™t one-shot tanky legendaries, why most killer moves on SEs are useless against legendaries or why moves like survivor and poison eater are not strong enough on SEs.

Itā€™s not that ONLY mythics should be able to kill Bastia, just that we shouldnā€™t expect every mythic to be easy to kill with our usual legendaries. Iā€™m happy to accept that something like Freezecobraā€™s detox strike, which Iā€™m used to one-shotting practically everything, canā€™t one-shot the tankier mythics.

If the noisiest people in the community always had their way everything in the game would be one-shot, piercing and all monsters would have roaring entrance. Making defence matter is important. Bastia being super tanky fits the healer design and weā€™ll surely have more things that kill it as time progresses.

3 Likes

U have some spoiler . Iā€™m intrigued

1 Like

lets just agree to disagree, everyone will stick with their beliefs
no one is 100% correct

Right now game is going in mythic power creep direction ! This will definitely chase out f2p and fishes eventually.

So in a year we will know if game is gonna die or find more whales with this strategy .

Why they introduced waifus is to cater to the expected ā€œwhale baseā€ . To be brutally honest , monster designs appeal mostly to kids and Pokemon fans ( us ) . And whales are usually game-addicted adults with lots of extra money to spend on a gacha.