Whale's Treasure: Monster Extinction theory

Hi guys,

We did have many reports through last Whale’s events of Sea Creatures suddenly not re-spawing anymore. So thanks to something said by my clan member @DMG_Anxag I did elaborate a theory.

Each player starts with a default number of Sea Creatures and each of them have set time to wait until can appear again. Well my theory is that there is an hidden set time for them to reproduce.

Ex: We have 50 SeaBite, spawn every 10 minutes, reproduce every hour. So if you hunt them like a mad they will not reproduce any longer because the rate of will be 6 deaths/1 newborn.
And eventually they will go extinct because of your greed… Is sad. You are heartless hunters…

6 Likes

:fearful: now i feel bad for mass hunting them just to get 2 extra gems

Yeah basically they all have a spawn limit. I think this was discussed a few times before

Rise awareness

#SaveSeaMonsters

(Get more gems) :grin:

Uhm I don’t think they have a limit, I think you need to let them replicate.

Best number of finns will be hunt 2, let 1 replicate, so you can have them until the end of the event.

Oh I suddenly get what you’re saying… you mean that by over-fishing them you make them extinct so they stop reproducing. If the Devs programmed it like that that’s hilarious!

If someone’s Seabite stops respawning early on in the event from “over-fishing” I’d be interested to see what the total number of Finns they end up with by the end of the event. If it ends up lower than someone who’s Seabite stopped respawning near the end of the event then maybe your theory has some legs to stand on… otherwise it sounds a bit far-fetched.

880 finns

660 finns = Event

50 finns = Archeloth x 5

54 finns = Seaviper x 9

116 finns = Tidewhale, SeaBite

I think it would be great if the devs made it like this.

Your Seabite and Tidalwhale have stopped appearing? Did you count how many of each?

I’m at 873 right now and think they’re about to stop. Remembering from last WT it’s possible to hit 900 (or a tiny bit over) by doing all the extra battles. I got stuck at around 870-880 with things stopping appearing and did the rest with the Archeloth and Seaviper over the last few days.

That’s what I am trying to do, make them spawn until the end to see how much I can do from it.

I was thinking about counting the number of times each one appears this time… but I didn’t bother. I usually farm the event to the max. When they first released the extra battles I got to 1000 Finns (or so). Then they put a limit on it and I’m always able to hit 900. I get almost exactly the same amount each time, no matter my pattern of farming the extra battles (just obviously doing them a lot, until they stop respawning by the end).

So you did hunt them constantly?

At times, yes. Honestly, your idea of them breeding is not something that would be coded. They would simply put a respawn limit I’m sure

But how can you explain that some players don’t even get to 800?

Poor counting, didn’t farm the two rarest extra Finns enough, the monsters haven’t actually stopped spawning, etc.

Until I see a legitimate case of someone’s battles not spawning but they weren’t able to make many Finns I personally won’t believe it. I hear all sorts of radical theories and people saying I’ve got the respawn times wrong every time WT comes out… yet when they actually give total numbers or they log the times of things it disproves them.

Sorry to be a downer but tbh I don’t want to waste my time with these things. I’ll stop posting now.

P.S. It’s very nice to see that in the first 9 days of this event you were able to get 5x Archeloth and 9x Seaviper, exactly as I’d expect the maximum to be

1 Like

I think you hunt too many archelots, I just found one. :pensive:

It’s anyone else impressed with Don’s ability to to spend the Finns as he goes :joy:

1 Like

Ahahahaha just not in a rush on spending them bro :joy: