Update Ver. 2.2 has been released

You’re nuts dude. They up the Slayerbane TU by 20, and then nerf repent by quite a bit, and all the sudden you’re saying he got buffed.

Magma didn’t get buffed, it’s now much easier to manage. It comes in and does the insanely powerful SS for 1-2 kills then will get a turn a little while later and start sweeping. However, hit it down to low health and then it must repent. Hit it down again to 50% health or less and it is basically forced to kill itself.

It’s been focused to be far more what it’s about… quick killing but all on a timer with its health. If you leave it to use the blood move then it will kill lots but you can easily knock it down and force it to use the other with 1/2 recoil. It’s remained strong but is much more manageable.

Previously if it went on low health you could repeatedly use finishing snap until you could knock and enemy onto low health and get a finishing snap kill on it to repent and start trying to sweep again.

1 Like

Like i said, so now he can only sweep 8-10 of your monsters instead of the whole team. Cool.

Oh and its not 2x repent. Its 2x repent per monster. So he can heal the HG protector thats guarding him.

And his speed is the most OP part of him and his most potent move is DSB and they made it faster.

It’s 1x repent. “Cannot be used on the same monster twice”

Unless the protector has kill it can’t be repented

Ah i see. So then its 6-7 kills. That makes me feel a little better.

I withdraw all previous posts then and will go eat a nice feathery crow sandwich.

Magma should now get up to 8 kills or so, excluding finishing snap kills. That’s if it is left completely untouched.

If you hit Magma down to hold ground or very low health after the initial SS then not only do you delay it from killing anything more but the maximum number of kills it can get drops by 3 or so. Hit it again after it repents and you can massively reduce the number of kills it can get down so it only gets 3-4 or maybe just 2 (the initial SS).

Basically now what’s important is hitting it onto low health if it has the Berserk Smash charged. As long as it can’t finishing snap something then it will probably be forced to use up lots of health trying to get another kill so can’t even sweep many (1-2) once it gets a kill.

Whether Magma is successful depends on if it can remove the enemy team’s damage potential with that SS use at the beginning. If it can’t it will probably not do that much after the SS.

You didn’t even bother to read the patchnotes past the slayerbane thing did you?

I’m all for a mortar meta. More mortar mons need to be released as they are only like 6-8 mons currently.

Hopefully any new mortar mons get added to the regular egg. I would be pretty salty rolling 300 for a mortar legend just for it to be added into the regular egg.

Geartyrant being added still hurts me to this day. For the record, i’m not saying it shouldn’t have been added.

True they are all over the place in the meta.

Wraithhost has the worst set of skills. 2 gimmicky healing skills where one places him half health if hes at holding ground and the second depends on his life total where if you drop him to 50 health its a dead skill.

2 conditional attacks where his confident strike is the weakest among all legendaries and survive is another conditional attack where it needs 300 seconds to be active and still could not one shoot tanky tragets like tt and protectors.

And to make matter worse he has a conditional secret skill 400 seconds.

Sarcrosphinx on the other hand is a support monster that has two skills to load motor seriously. I totally think load all should be usable without having to load motor.

I also think motor monsters in general should be able to attack without having to load motor.

Example:
Chrono breaker motor would deal high damage to a chrono user but if you load a motor it would deal high damage to any monster cancelling the condition. So it be one shot ability for 180 seconds which is fair.

So chrono breaker would be something like delugazar chrono skill but if motor is used it one shots everything else.

I read them. Apparently i misread them lol. I thought it said 2x per monster. Not 1x per monster. Hence my outrage.

Still think the speed and TU boost is bull but at least repent is now 1x use.

I just think remove magma hg and he would be mangable. Hes still going to be a 2x monster if he gets a turn and possibly more if not dealt with. His repent would be more used on protectors to keep him alive which is fair in overall.

1 Like

Does repent purify it?

We’re in a meta that is predominantly poison. Yet I don’t see replies such as “poison is does well against it”. Because from my experience it does.

Poison requires a full setup. You atleast need 2-3 poison monsters to make a poison team.

jesus christ can we stop about magma? hes a strong legendary that needs to be focused down asap when you see it in pvp. honestly with the amount of shields and stealth skills available, his secret skill is totally managable. theres a reason why we’re able to see our opponent’s next monster.

1 Like

Wraithhost is awesome… a wide variety of good damage moves all with reasonably low TU and both HG and stun immunity. Mix it with the right monsters and it’s very good.

Load all being usable without needing to load first will completely break what the mortar monsters do. They’re all high speed but have to load before they can do anything. With Sarcro he could load them all immediately and they do crazy stuff.

Yeah he’s great, there’s no doubt about it. This update removed his ability to keep sweeping indefinitely so that’s really good. Removing hold ground will ruin it.

Totally agree, he’s fine now! There are other monsters which come in and get a turn fast then wreck some havoc. Magma was doing too much before but now he’s less well-rounded and the game is better for it.

2 Likes

Just bane and GT would do fine. No need for the extravagant cobra+terror shenanigans.

Anyway, magma is not op. I found its SS dumb at first but then notice it’s the only good thing about it.

Would you see players use magma without it? No. Its randomness is a big drawback.

I dont even get how that will break the game.
So something like gyo and delugazar can one shot without any setup or team combination but a full motor team setup around one monster will break the game lol. And if hes gone your left with handicaped monsters hmm defiantly will break the game.

Not to mention am pretty sure no one in the game owns that many motor legendaries to make a full team around them, cuz they are trash and they will break the game lol.

Load all, with gryph and bunker and they’re gonna destroy your front at 76% speed. And continuously do huge damage every 50 (42tu), even faster with sarcos ss

1 Like

Don’t think you have fought a good mortar team yet