Turn passives. Are they fair?

I was thinking about passives like Decay Aura and Rune Power, is that right that they activate at EVERY turn? I’d see them more fair id they would activate only on the player turn and not opponent turn.

3 Likes

nah I think it’s great that they activate every turn

I totally disagree, basically Decay Aura gives to Focal Users free wins.

And Runedragon should not get HP during opponent turn.

I think that Decay Aura users deserve to lose to focal for using a lame GF FL in the first place

5 Likes

That’s not a “logical” opinion

I agree the Decay Aura situation is too extreme, but if you consider the fact it destroys shields, Stealth, Overwatch and Hold Ground, I think it’s fair that there’s something (in this case, Focalforce) which utterly trounces it with very low chances of recovery.

Not to mention, it’s also possibly countered by Razorstorm since, if the conditions are met, its Reckoning passive means an instant Team Turn.

Ideally, Violet’s passive would be less impactful and her counters milder, but the Devs made this particular design choice and I think it’s unique enough to be allowed.

3 Likes

Runedragon needs the passive to tick on every turn, otherwise he’s very bad. It’s definitely intended because you can’t just disable his confident strike with a medium damage hit or by poisoning him, which makes him unique.

As far as Focalforce and Violet are concerned, I think the current state is a bit too ridiculous. Especially when facing an awakened Focal. Does a roaring entrance monster get a turn before Focal when it enters? I haven’t had a chance to test that but if Focal gets the turn first, it’s definitely too ridiculous.

4 Likes

I don’t agree, he can thick only on player’s turn, so you will have tick each time your monsters get a turn.

Ex: you have Rune, Angelion, Prismegasus, Gremoris in as your active monsters; your Rune get his passive working in each of your monsters turn, no matter who. Just don’t tick during the opponent monsters turn.

Then this wouldn’t differ from evertale

Rune power makes sense cos it’s the only way it can sustain itself for confident strike but decay aura is a bit too much :joy:.

PS : @Exu has already made a solid opinion I see

3 Likes

What ever happens Rune Power should be left alone. It’s fine as it is.

2 Likes

I’m inclined to agree with the majority; Rune Power is very fair considering how Runedragon doesn’t have Hold Ground or any other defensive passive.

You don’t get it guys, are both turn passives, so or they are both fine or they are both not working well.

PS: Rune can sustain his HP during his allies turns, if I have 3 turns in a row he should not gain a dime.

Why not ? Just coz u can take 3 immediate turns doesn’t mean 3 enemy monsters need to die !

1 Like

Point of views prof, I find it deeply unfair.
There is plenty of monsters with confident strike that they don’t gain HP every turn.

1 Like

Imho Rune Power is fine as it is now.
Every Confident Strike monster has a way to keep his health high:
Sunflower has Harden Carapace and can be G.F. Healed,
Valzareign has Shield Entrance and Instant Shield Ally,
Jingledragon has Second Wind, Devour and Hold Ground,
Lionheart has Natural Selection, Vengeful Recovery, Instant Shield Ally, From the Brink and Hold Ground (and it’s still subpar lmao)
etc. etc.

Runedragon’s way to keep his health high is Rune Power, and it’s still weak to Poison because the passive activates before the poison tick.
As far as I’m concerned, his passive could’ve well been “heals himself to full every turn”, since Runedragon is so frail it dies in one hit 90% of the times.

Everyone got it don’t worry. If people disagree with you it doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t “get” what you wanted to say.

I don’t believe there’s anything else wrong in Violet’s passive than possibly the interaction with Focalforce. So imo we should focus on what can be done to those two. However the Devs already confirmed this interaction is intentional so I don’t think there’s much to be done unless it has a negative impact on too many users.

As far as Runedragon goes, even if the discussion isn’t about how balanced Runedragon is, in my eyes he’s always been a well balanced monster with decent options, he’s rarely a dead weight! He has a weakness to sleep killer and apart from Rune Power, no other defensive traits, which makes him easy enough to deal with.

5 Likes

Don’t forget his merge ss, that basically doubles his skills :sweat_smile:

I’ve never seen anyone pull that off.

2 Likes

I was about to say just this. It’s a really fun concept but very hard to pull off against other people.