This is already a trend

he copied me lol. i remember facing him that season and it took like 9 turns before either of us lost a monster because we both had maeve Lunactia setups and kept on swapping each other’s strategies out.

1 Like

At that time, we were able to skip differently than we are now, so when we took the LockRock strategy, the match time was very long.

Now that we can’t skip, I think it’s a good environment where more strategicity is required.

By the way, I don’t know if the developer will nerf Meave.
You’ve come up with some ideas in this thread, but if it’s difficult to nerf Mythic, I think developers might consider nerfing Flutterdrake as well.

As I wrote above, Flutterdrake iris and Flutterdrake salvia are strong supporters, while Flutterdrake clover has strong hypnosis. Since they are SEs, it may be easier than nerfing Mythic a lot.

From my point of view, arranging Meave and Flutterdrake is the same as arranging dolphins. They are strong just by arranging them. (I don’t think this is a bad thing. Users are naturally just choosing a better method because it’s better to use them together.)

By nerfing the SE, developers may be able to avoid a strong environment by simply lining up.
@Dev_VKC

Nerfing the SE flutters would be very unfair to a lot more people, especially since they are popular monsters to use even without Maeve. Maeve being a high speed monster with nullifying kill/knockback + focus is not something that’s healthy for the game, that’s the problem and it’s what should be dealt with. It also having high defence, instant shield all and insomnia make it particularly hard for other teams to counter.

I think that there’s a lot of strong aspects of Maeve that whichever nerf route they choose to take, there will still be a lot of reasons to use her in certain teams. She just needs SOMETHING taken away because right now there’s too much.

9 Likes

Seems like you want to awaken it and it needs to stay like this :woozy_face:

The issue is that Flutterdrakes were completely fine before Maeve came around, and still are balanced by themselves. It’s not the first case of a monster/s becoming an issue because of their synergy with another monster.

A glaring example of this was Cynthia-Nefariodon, and now we see Jackolene-Vineyes, as well as Maeve-F.D.s.

Not to mention those three women are setting back the hard-earned achievements made by feminist activists in favour of equality by DECADES! No, I’m not gonna elaborate on this.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t nerf the other flutters personally. As a few people have pointed out on this thread, the main issue is speed. Yes Maeve can enable RL, but so does any other focus monster like Suiken. You can lower the speed to make it more balanced and it will still counter rocklock well because RL is generally slow to get moving. The ideal nerf is fairly clear I think. Time will tell though.

1 Like

LMFAO I had to do a double take on that

1 Like

regarding maebe just remove her defense bonus or slow down a bit

I totally agree with you!!! Best words don’t say ever

1 Like

After facing some maeve fl’s i have concluded that tgere are 2 main problems that force you to build a certain way just to bea able to do something about maeve.

1. Speed - this gets ridiculous and we all know by now what happens to teams that are too fast for their own good.
    (Twig retri, Pre nerf pos, ssr retri canishogun rhino fl, jag thay had 50 tu for haze at some point, gazer instant tt,
    Freeze pola nerf most evil one to be nerfed ever wtf and many more i can’t think of the top of my head.)

2. Defense - this becomes a problem fairly quickly, how does kattmander the fastest lightbane/darkbane of which maeve is very weak to with neko zone not kill a maeve with bond boost? Both are in fact boosted and still it doesn’t really make large enough dent quickly enough to be dealt with and shields given to everyone for free.

So in conclusion a nerf that still makes maeve viable but not as overused as dolphins or pre nerf pos, is just nerf:

1. Speed
  2. Defense buff and shields(tu limit or limit the targets)

Other than that she can still be used and also not just ruin a meta with FD maeve spam.

Tis my opinion nerds. We actually need to talk about jacolene passives if anything

1 Like

To be fair, Neko Zone Kattmander isn’t even guaranteed to OHKO Dusicyon who has the same statline, but less HP and no boosts. So that’s a Light/Darkbane problem more than a Maeve problem

Lightbane not doing great but Darkbane kills awakened myths :crazy_face:

Sounds we have to nerf kattmander too.

A legandary with max speed with low sec. Attacks

One shot dark mithics one shot dark legandarys .
Every kattmander (but not mine ) brings aurodragon to hold ground .

And now we talk to a nerf of a mithic .
Its normal thats a mitic should be stronger than a legandary and thats more than fair that kattmander doesnt one shot maeve .

We should think about a nerf to kattmander not about maeve

I think the problem is that the devs release mitics .
And now with shrine to awaken them very easily for the top players.

I think in the future is the only way to bring back balance that the max mitic in every team is = 1

Or they bring out monsters which are a level higher than mithics .

1 Like

I have killed awaken onyxia with my katt which makes this even funnier

Does it really? I always assumed the damage would be the same

It deals the same amount of damage. He’s probably just referring to onyxia which can die to a fly

2 Likes

What speed would you suggest?

Initially I was thinking 60% but the more I think about it, the more I think 50-55% would be better. As you said, Poseidon FLs were a problem and he was 63% speed. Having instant shield all and one-shot any enemy of your choice is super powerful at a high speed. I don’t know what speed exactly that becomes acceptable.

3 Likes

Stop it with the nerf

2 Likes

you barely even play pvp lol how would you know what needs a nerf or not

I been going in this season. I probably played like 15 matches. If they nerf Maeve I’m done for good, can’t never have nothing good l. They’ll lose one of their top spenders

2 Likes