This is already a trend

Not having something does not mean that you cannot talk about it as long as you support logical reasoning.

2 Likes

This fl is why i didnā€™t get top 50 last season, it was everywhere and still is

Remember when 50% boost its to much? :joy:

I am sure most of the player meet maeve. But when we Saw ā€œPvp Event report Season 45ā€ why she is less popular then Cattmander lol. Dev seem really try to protect myth girl. :sweat_smile:.

The only way counter maeve its stun ,and canish.
ironically , I seem some thread ask to nerf stun and retribution lol.

3 Likes

Los escudos no deberĆ­an ser instantaneos

2 Likes

ironically , I seem some thread ask to nerf stun and retribution lol.

Yes. I thought it was a very good statement.

I think nerf Stun will make it more difficult to beat the Mythic team. Itā€™s a very simple story, but for example, arranging Mythic with a small tuļ¼ˆe.x. Cynthia, Kirina, Naā€™turgoul,Don Rillaļ¼‰ is enough to make a team. All we have to do is line up strong monsters. Strategicity is lost. Strategicity is born because it is necessary to take measures against stuns ,sleep, Lock rock and so on. Many users want to undermine these, and when that happens, Iā€™m guessing that the game will be less strategic and simply line up Mythic.

There are three things to be aware of.

First, trying to create diversity by limiting something means that we have already lost diversity. (That is, diversity is lost at the time of restriction)

Second, something is always in fashion. No matter what the environment, certain fashionable monsters (Strategies) will be born.

Finally, these are the subjective statements of many. For example, at one point some people criticized lining up dolphins. But Meave does the same. (Flutterdrake is lined up) Or A.S. is doing the same. Those who criticize dolphins also need to criticize them. However, I didnā€™t see much. People donā€™t think from a birdā€™s-eye view, they just think and say what they care about. (I donā€™t want to say good or bad, I say it as a fact)

4 Likes

I strongly agree that stun is an integral part of the game and if we say, removed it, weā€™d have a lot of other problems and the game would not be as fun.

However, there are two big things to consider:

1. There is lots of design space for other things which could fill the same role as stun does. For example, Tyrfina is brilliant for putting a stop to when the enemy team has been killing through your monsters. There are other entrance monsters which can also turn around a battle.

2. Right now stun is at the point where it actually limits diversity. Having stun in the game keeps it healthy, but when stun plays too much of a factor in battles it means monsters weak to stun canā€™t be played as much. So we need to have it handled a bit more and then leave it at that.

3 Likes

Your Spanish has gotten much better @squinty1880 great job

3 Likes

Yes agreešŸ”„. Sometimes I Saw meta team . with less stun protection. I am really want punish them with novadrake and cybereon

And about Series monster, I am really hope Dev never make dolphin ,Gf ,focus monster, maeve insect team ,linker in crusial banner. It will change meta and it Will ended by nerf or limit listšŸ¤¦šŸ»

1 Like

fd maeve is good and very hard to beat thatā€™s not why sheā€™s used a lot, personally Iā€™ve been using her since long before she became popular and Iā€™ve always liked her because of her relevant exchange created I use it without any other fd it allowed me to put more Monsterpowerful while using his invocation to increase my number of monsters knowing that a fd hurts a lot

Thanks to the mod that was responsible for removing attack, in this healthy community debate

2 Likes

What happened?? :flushed:

1 Like

I just want to add a slightly different perspective to the Maeve debate.

It wasnā€™t long ago, threads much larger than this one were being created regarding Rock lock. For those who donā€™t know, Rocklock is the process of forcing 3 rockoids onto your opponents side of the field and then bypassing them to defeat your sad opponent.

Before I go any further, I just want to say that both Rocklock and Maeve are dear to me for reasons I wonā€™t explain. But Rocklock is certainly the larger evil.

Maeve is such a strong counter to Rocklock. In fact, I havenā€™t seen a Rocklock team for a while and thatā€™s mainly because Maeve shifted the meta. I know a regular Rocklock user and she says that Maeve is the only counter she really struggles with.

I understand Maeve might need tweaking, but the one thing that cannot happen, is for her to lose her nullifying strike or itā€™s damage. Otherwise Rocklock will rise again and people moan about that instead. It is far easier to deal with Maeve, who has to pretty much do the work of 2 monsters to justify her place, when paired with Iris (which she usually is), than a Rocklock.

To balance Maeve, I think the shield is the most difficult thing. It makes all 4 FL monsters much harder to deal with. Make it only shield flutters.

Perhaps a slight defence reduction if people still feel strongly about her. Second form could have Bloodthirst instead of fury if people are seriously unhappy.

Then you will typically have Iris who wonā€™t do anything ground breaking and Maeve who maybe bags one kill at 78 speed, leaving 2 more FL mons, giving you time to deal with Maeve at 91 TU (max)

An Orca typically bags one focused kill at 76 speed (I think) but takes up one slot and has less TU, granted it is easier to kill, but the 2 monsters are fairly comparable here (after nerf).

Tl:dr Maeve prevents Rocklock. Keep her attack and nullifying strike exactly the same. Change her shielding passive if anything to only shield flutters. Gentle nerf.

Just my 2 cents. But if Maeve gets heavy nerf, expect a big Rocklock meta, which I will also be part of :partying_face: #newtoys

I was thinking about making a nerf thread but stopped halfway through because I figured it would be better for me to simply crush all the stupid poseidon and maeve setups with my chodeknight team.

Personally, I think skeleviathan should lose petrify revenge, maeve should get a speed nerf and/or a ss nerf, and poseidon should have its speed nerf reverted and be given camouflage entrance (if necessary, myst too) If anyone wants to argue against this, frankly I donā€™t care since I already know Iā€™ll be getting at least top 3 this season with the meta as it is lol

4 Likes

Petrify Revenge is so better than any other Death Revenge out there. Imho it should work like the other DR skills: deals mortal damage to the enemy, and if AND ONLY IF the enemy is killed by that damage itā€™s turned into a rock.

I donā€™t know why should it bypass HG and Shields as well as having another strong secondary effect

-

3 Likes

:eyes:

Two things:

1. I saw 3 rocklock teams last ranked PvP (from maybe 40 matches), thatā€™s a similar number as back when rocklock had a big fuss being made about it. Basically, it still exists in the meta in its small way even with Maeve around.

2. Saying an overpowered monster is justified because itā€™s needed to counter something is a horrendous reason. A single monster isnā€™t enough to suppress a strategy unless that monster is taking up an unhealthy portion of the meta (since Maeve is only used in FL). Also, it would be easy enough to create other, not overpowered, counters to that thing if itā€™s necessary.

Thereā€™s a few unnecessarily strong things about Maeve. Any combination of them should be tackled:

• nullifying strike high damage
  • too high speed
  • shields going on whole team

P.S. Itā€™s already bloodthirst on the second form.

7 Likes

I rated myself in the top 10 using rock lock on a Maebe meta

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Rock lock is definitely a lot less common nowadays since maeve teams do counter it quite a bit. I do agree that maeve holding rock lock in check isnā€™t a good justification for leaving it alone so how about we nerf both of them!

4 Likes

I didnā€™t say that though did I :man_facepalming:t2: here you goā€¦

Please donā€™t put words in players mouths.

I just said keep its nullifying strike, because itā€™s a good counter to RL, which is a bigger evil.

Maeve IS taking up an unhealthy portion of the meta. This thread literally refers to it as a trend. This season I saw over 12 different Maeve teams.

And yes it is enough to suppress a strategy ā€œeven though itā€™s in FLā€ because rocklock is also an FL based strategy.

It is merely this I disagree with. Look at the rest. But leave the nullify alone, or Rocklock will become even more prevalent again.

Iā€™m not bothered if that happens though. Iā€™m just warning the community :man_shrugging:t2: Either is fine by me

2 Likes

Nullification should punish revenge just like it does but it shouldnā€™t do any damage to monsters without revenge.

2 Likes