The state of the PvP Meta - Why balance by releasing Counters does not work (at the moment)

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

YES!! :partying_face:

Sometimes I wonder if poison gas is too low TU. You purify and they just poison gas right back lol. Sleep is 70 / 59 TU so purify counters it appropriately.

2 Likes

It’s always irritated me in PvE how these have the same TU. The poison gas - purify loop is a bit silly when the AI does it.

1 Like

Yeah especially when there’s auto poison and entrance too. Poison gas should be a little higher imo.

1 Like

Is not the first “nerf fire link” thread that i already read and like always i agree
Fire Link is broken for a few stuffs for example:

Novematrona(monster what anybody can get cause she even have a guaranteed banner):
Elem Swift Acc with 25 secs for a mons with 60% speed and also give turn/stun Converter is extremely broken
Taking account:
Ashterios (sleep inmune and link bloodbite 59 secs +9 51 with elem acc)
Infer (stun Converter and also link bloodbite with same secs)
Magmagund (insta poison in a monster that can use double poison eater in 80 secs +9 69 with elem acc)
And Novem giving turn to them you can easily note is extremely broken way to kill monsters

(I know i didnt say nothing about Magmarinus but he isnt new,you all guys know what Magmarinus can do)

As a awaken Aoi user i agree too with the part of the Fire counter are weak Ashterios can one shot kill Aoi with Swift Killer and Aoi flame eater even is not a piercing attack

Also i not hate fire link cause i recently awake Douji and i got very dissappointed cause,if you compare Douji is a little useless

So @Dev_VKC if you don’t like nerf fire link at least give Aoi flame devour (this skill hit fire monster.If a FIRE MONSTER is killed by this skill reduce 100 secs.This skill ignore hold ground and shield barrier)
Then the p2w can use their lovely answer “save gems and awake” Aoi

I’m not going to say nothing about poison cause all the poison need are already said and also poison got nerfed a few times

Nothing more to say,please fix the fire link!!

PS: @Dev_VKC im waiting the next limit monster list cause Kattmander, Bundam, Wraithost, Poseidon-Myst etc still in 7/10 games

2 Likes

I agree with pretty much everything you said, even with the fact that Link Fire right now is really too oppressive.

Just a couple of points are not really clear to me.

1. I reached a top 1 with Harleking endgame when the good Saitama was still playing.

2. I played link fire way before Mr Squinty, as he started after Novem was released, I started playing that after Dragulus was released, and got amazing results with that.

I know I am not in your book of the great players, but just clarifying :grin:

1 Like

I played link fire before Novem and other mythics were even released. The video below shows season 3 which was right after the introduction of mythics (you can see the random placement of void in the team :joy:) Like always, you are misinformed. How sad trying to belittle me.

3 Likes

Is a shame you are missing this part :raised_hands:
But hey I won’t try to bilittle you any longer Mr Link Fire :fire::fire::fire:

It’s a shame you needed an awakened mythic locked behind a paywall most people didn’t need access to in order to achieve “amazing results”. Meanwhile find a fire mythic in my team in the video. Go ahead and let me know.

I am happy with the mythic behind they pay wall with the money I worked for. :blush:

Is a shame you are missing this part. Was Novem among the OG mythics released or am I missing something?

I retreat in that part and admit you played it before me “when was not even cool” :wink:
The difference between me and you is this, I admit when I am wrong.

Nope Novem got released after a while compare to OGs.

1 Like

We’ve been saying link fire is op for a long, long time. As @ItsSherlock said, for whatever reason, Devs and product team don’t want to correct it, but rather want to introduce new counters (i.e. make more $).

If this is the path they take (I hope not) then at least make the counters good! Like @DMG_Death_Lord said, Aoi needs piercing to truly be worthwhile. Right now she requires another water element, can’t break down a shield, and element massacre only really works on fire (and is 170tu for god sake).

Arcticlaws is ok but it’s attack heavy and won’t stay alive for very long, and the whole point of it is to survive until the end. Otherwise, you have to use it end game, almost hoping that the opponent is running link fire. What a twisted joke :rofl:

What is nice about these new counters is that they have stun converter. BUT there’s only a few fire monsters in the meta who actually stun! There’s a disconnect here that I wish had been thought about prior to their design and release.

So three main issues:

1. The counters need to actually be good. Can’t believe I have to say this. Make us want to spend our gems and have it (hopefully) be worthwhile.

2. Link fire counters don’t need full attack! They already have an element advantage. With the number of link fire mons out there we need these counters to stay alive.

3. One of their passives, a very valuable skill slot, has very little synergy outside of a few link fire mons

To be fair, the devs are in a tough spot here. Managing game revenue, balance, etc. But I think what’s getting the community annoyed is that it’s been an issue for a while with very little correction, and when that correction comes it doesn’t actually address the root issue, but rather makes players spend gems on weak counters.

I’m exhausted

Botan-Douji, Chimerarexus, fire dolphin, and shiny gallio all stun and are in my link fire team. It’s not like if nothing is done we will all quit the game and they know this.

1 Like

Edited to “a few”. But most teams don’t use the 5* or shiny gallo.

And you’re right, we won’t, but if the counters aren’t good will spending go down?

Spending won’t go down because spenders will still spend for interesting things regardless of the meta because they can.

the devs should make monsters sleep and poison at the same time. Like don’t let poison wake sleeping monsters up, only thing that should work is purify.

1 Like

This. So much. I couldn’t agree more. Its an obvious issue and the failure to address it properly is just so annoying

1 Like

Those are some of the monsters wich devs need to keep in check
For obvious reasons

1 Like