The game needs more content.

When I first started playing I had offline story, online story, events, monsters to ultra evolve, monsters to capture online and offline, side quests and all that stuff. It was great, I had all I wanted and I became really invested in the game.

After a while though I finished all of that stuff, and now when I’m done with events and ultra evolved all of my new monsters, I rarely play. And the terribly slow, and rarely viable, PvP doesn’t help.

This game could use some sort of randomized events that are always available, maybe with little reward, but still a chance to get some playtime in.

they deliberately slow the new upcoming events. beause the more events the more gems rewards.

look at uc. We have to wait it for days to play it, on the 22 07 pm. whereas all events are done for now. Actually uc can be played on 18 yesterday. they did it in order to make progression of our gem rewards increase slowly.

That’s why I said that rewards over these potential omnipresents events should be small.

I agree with what you say. I still have monsters to ultra evolve but that is quite boring. What they could do is add more capturable monsters (like the SE:s added last summer), heck even new “below epic” monsters and a new area to explore. When they added the capturable SE:s, the game gave you hints of the monster’s whereabouts and I found the spots myself. That was so fun! Seems devs have forgotten about this aspect of the game!

2 Likes

I wonder why the abandoned the infinite dungeon concept from HI? That one was really cool.

They really need to make monster training based on actual battle experience. That alone would “slow” the game down for everyone in a way that was relevant. The cards, buttons ranch training is moronic. It absolutely wastes time for the sake of wasting time and has no relevant application to the story.

Every good RPG requires you to actually do things in the game to earn experience and that levels you up. Imagine if you had just been able to go into some random minigame and level up dratini to Dragonite in 20 minutes back in Pokemon? Nobody would have played.

TL;DR battle XP for monster leveling makes more sense and would make the game last longer and be more meaningful.

2 Likes

I’ll also add that would help with F2P v P2P. If you had to battle train Delugazar or Azra up to level 50 for evolution you couldnt have people just buying 300 gems, then buying 2 more gems to farm the fruits and silver and instantly having an (almost) OP team.

Yes and no. While I like the idea of levelling by playing, I remember it being a huge chore in Dragon Island Blue, so while I’d like it, they should work on making it faster then it was back in that game.

Another minus of having to level up monsters by playing is, again, the lack of content: while I’d like to experience my monsters growing like I used to with my first ones instead of just having them UE in a day or less like I do now, I’d really rather not have to play test you team over and over.

I mean you wouldn’t have to make it a crazy grind, but you could make it so that it has to battle in 50 battles per evolution. I mean we all left strings of dead Pidgeys all across Kanto, and that was the best game of this genre ever.

Events are actually released faster than they were in the past. They’ve split off the rare ingredients missions and PvP so now we get a new rare ingredients mission every 4 days, biweekly missions every two weeks, SCB every ~7 days, PvP for 4-5 days every 3 weeks (I think that was the plan) plus two free slots in the live events which at least one is always active.

Some events are faster to do that others, like the current “a stolen event”, so if you do that quickly then you might have a few days of not much to do other than using your tickets. However, these are the quieter periods and there are also periods which are more intense, like when UC, PvP or IC are out. In fact, people also frequently complain that some events are “too much of a grind” despite them being out for 10+ days so where do we really find a balance that suits everyone?? It’s impossible.

Basically what you need to do is enjoy playing something else too. Console games are typically great, because you can dip in and out at your own leisure. Do the quick bits on Neo Monsters while you enjoy something else then when there’s a lot going on here you can spend more time enjoying the content available. This game isn’t one you can sit down and play for 2+ hours a day, but at points you can.

3 Likes

Good points, but I still think that a couple of permanent events would be great. PvP would also help with better servers and maybe a netcode rework.

1 Like

Yeah I tried pvp… All I ran into was literally top 100 players with +9 monsters and the rest left mid match or disconnected. I only did it up to the point I earned 4 gems or so and then stopped. Now I don’t even do that. Pvp is just too slow and unpredictable in terms of do you get to the end of the match or not. Pvp balance would benefit from a tier ranking but in general not, because there are not too many players doing it.

What needs to happen is Count Lectors Shadow Arena.

This last event we had 2 cats bickering over who stole who’s event even though it was Count Lector who had an event stolen from him all along

@Dev_VKC @Dev_BRD @MikeDev @SeanDeverino

1 Like