Super challenge - new monster

So the new super challenge has been released and it’s featuring a new monster, it looks kinda odd what’re your thoughts on the way it looks and its move set?
So it has a move called backstab it kills their team mate apparently and an AOE from what I found out, it also has bloodcrave which gets triggered from backstab and it has element eradicate

It also did element eradicate on me. Don’t remember if it was his final form.

With element eradicate, he’s the perfect counter for assisted thunder frontlines…
With backstab, he can be nice next to ziberius, especially if you backstab rhynobrawl, get death revenge and trigger his bloodcrave.
Backstab will be very Good next to a last biter, as you can get rid of your own monsters.
I think I don’t like him, unless I can get him…

I have an assisted thunder front line :sweat_smile: and true I’d hate to vs him if the opposition has the right team also element eradicate is only in its final evolution

My thought process:
“Oh look new weird monster.”
*start fight*
"WHAT THE FREAK DID THAT JUST DO??? KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!"
It dies.
“Now what else does it do? Shouldn’t have killed it.”

As much as I hate him because he kills off assisted thunder and all assisted lineups really it’s good to have another earth legend. There were very few available. Also that extreme challenge had the most death revenge I have ever seen hardest one do far I think.

He’s relatively fast and tanky too (don’t know if that’s just the buffs)… Can imagine him in a front line with Aegis, Ziberius, and Puffoxin with Rhyno at 5… If you can get off the backstab/cannibalize - 6 kills with the give turn… dangerous

aoe stun ruins this front line

At least it has no passives? If the challenge doesn’t modify speed, then it has 56% speed.

I went in with a full water assist team and the two of them combined killed half my lineup xD

What does backstab do? I’m at work can’t play right now

Edit: he looks freaking cool… Super earth elemental :smiley:

https://imgur.com/a/yFSKE

His moves:) looks good!!

What does back stab actually do scruffi?

Edit: didn’t see Febo’s post sorry.

The instant thunder assist counter lol. Does he one hit zephyrox ?

If so we could be looking at earth assisted to be the strongest frontline.

Moss golem draigaia this guy and rex

Back stab, kills off one of monster from your line-up and by the looks of it you can choose which monster to kill. So it would be good to use this guy with one of your death revengers. + after you use that move, its bloodcrave kicks in. In all fairness, its one of the most powerful sweepers I’ve seen after the last biters and maybe ultima and rexo

Wow that’s interesting… And what’s the tu? I imagine 50 or so…

https://imgur.com/a/yFSKE
His moves:) looks good!!

These stats must be buffed for the event. Attack is the highest I’ve seen, defense an hitpoints are very high. I think in reality he will be less powerfull and tanky. However, his moves are very nice. I think he will be more usefull than leogeist.

So it also has element eradicate…well now that prevents me from hating this monster. I killed it before it used it so i didn’t know. Actually i am still disappointed with this thing…

So backstab is like cannabalize but without the healing…

Bloodcrave…CRAVE…but it’s a legend…bloodthirst?..bloodFURY?!..
(astrasis uses cannabalize to heal itself so it balances out and is an exception)

As far as i know it has no passive…inferior to rexo?!..

Element eradicate…well that may be the answer to assisted thunder (teams in general)…but if you don’t face one then…

Overall It is not bad and not good.

I’m not mad or anything, actually i couldn’t care less for this monster. In fact i’m happy it’s here because i could save my eggs for a worthwhile festival.

Plz someone tell me the actual purpose of this monster apart from being yet again another death revenge promoter…

You’re right, on itself it’s not gonna be your main killer. But he has special purposes.
If you made assisted ground frontline, you could use dragaia, him, rhynobrawl and a stun absorb tank or shivogod.
If you encounter assisted team, element eradicate will propably wipe it out. Sometimes canis is just not strong enough for that, but he will be.
If you don’t encounter assisted team, i’d send him back with rhynobrawl, make another good groundtype coming in. Before dragaia dies, you use retreat. At the end you still have you’re last biter and a guy who can make last bite easier to do with his backstab. Especially in pvp, last bite is difficult to pull of because opponents leave at least 2 mons on the field. With backstab, you get rid of the other monsters. If there’s 3 left, you backstab the other, get bloodcrave going. Now this guy is a treath with bloodcrave triggered. Now you either have to kill him or the last biter. If there’s only 2 left, I guess he could kill himself as well.

Well…i stand corrected. I was only thinking about it individually, probably because i had higher expectations after leogeist. So this would make assisted ground and last biters more viable…i underestimated this thing. Nice ideas :slight_smile:

Lol he can backstab himself…

Agreed!! Took me a few tries and some rearranging. But it was the most fun one in a while too because it wasn’t a one try win like normal.

Won by one try…